Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2020, 05:39 PM   #1

Lci 3.0

I also posted this on the Jayco Pinnacle Facebook page:

Me again...the LCI 3.0 is giving us fits. Today we went down to try & get it to work correctly. We have read the manual (again), followed all the steps, etc. Lowered all the jacks 6-8 inches while connected to the truck. Did a "retract" all and everything looks good. Lower the front jacks to disconnect from the truck and there are no error messages. Hit "auto-level" and by golly gee, one or two of the jacks get an error & need to retract all. And to add to all of this, the right front jack either doesn't lower or retract evenly with the left front. Today in order to get them to be "even" hubby had to disconnect the left front to get the right front to either raise or lower.

And something else I noticed today. If I hit retract rear right, the front left will also start working. And somethings the key pad just didn't respond.

This is on a 2016 36FBTS. Any suggestions? TIA
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:20 PM   #2

If you are getting a Jack error recommend checking the wiring/connectors at the Jack and the board for broken wire and/or pushed back pin. There is feedback information from the hall effects heard on the Jack to the board and if it is not sensing the correct info it will likely throw an error message. Also recommend contacting LCI customer support @ 574-537-8900 for troubleshooting assistance. There are people on the forum that have advised they are helpful with troubleshooting this system.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
If you are getting a Jack error recommend checking the wiring/connectors at the Jack and the board for broken wire and/or pushed back pin. There is feedback information from the hall effects heard on the Jack to the board and if it is not sensing the correct info it will likely throw an error message. Also recommend contacting LCI customer support @ 574-537-8900 for troubleshooting assistance. There are people on the forum that have advised they are helpful with troubleshooting this system.
Thank you. Since I am not familiar with all the terms, what is "pushed back pin"? We did check the wiring/connectors previously but will check them again when we go back to the trailer.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:08 PM   #4

When a wire is pushed into the back of a connector it should "lock in place". Sometime the locking function does not work properly and the wire may move out of the back of the connector resulting in the wire not making proper contact. That's what I mean by a pushed back pin. At a connector give each individual wire a slight tug. If it stays in the connector it's good. Watched a You Tube video the other day and that is an issue they found. Turned out to be a bad connector. Just an idea.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:08 PM   #5

Snip...
And to add to all of this, the right front jack either doesn't lower or retract evenly with the left front.
Snip...

Right side front jack not in time with the other?? Get ready for failure. It just happened to me 2 days ago. We were coupling up to head out for a weekend and good thing my truck wasn't very close and my wife was standing next to the trailer when it had an instant failure. The front right side of the trailer dropped a good 8" almost hitting the driveway. Had my wife been any closer she would have been hit by the trailer. We still went camping..Wasn't about to let a jack failure stop me from going. We made it back home and I got a new jack post ordered and coming.
Reading other posts of members that had failures and seeing first hand the way mine failed, it's enough to scare the hell out of you.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
The front right side of the trailer dropped a good 8" almost hitting the driveway. Had my wife been any closer she would have been hit by the trailer.
That would have put one hellava twist on the frame. Eyeball your pin box for squareness.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #7

UPDATE: After the feedback, hubby did further research. He contacted Lippert & discussed the various issues. Lippert feels the right landing leg is going out. And apparently if that is the case, it will cause the other errors. So our service guys are going to check that out as well.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful feedback and assistance. You guys are awesome.

Donna
Old 06-04-2020, 09:15 PM   #8

Here’s my failure thread
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...sue-66739.html

Now that your working jack has been taking the load, it won’t be much longer until it goes out too.
It’s a bad design, Lippert knows it..and hydraulic are used now.

Three of us on the forum have taken our jacks apart and they have the exact same failure. I would say if your adventurous enough to cut yours apart you will see the same.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:36 PM   #9

Of course they do. What needs to happen is a class action lawsuit or a call the the NHTSA. These pos things are gonna kill someone.
Like I said in my earlier post we still went camping and came home sunday afternoon. I placed an order with etrailer that evening and also sent an very polite email to customer service dept at LCI. I got a response back on monday asking for pics of the jack and my vin tag and date of purchase. Sent in that requested info that nite and got a reply back Tuesday stating my warranty was up so they won't do a warranty claim, BUT in good customer faith they would SELL me a new jack thru their parts dept at 50% off. The jack is over $400 and is a complete unit. I dont need the foot pad or the electric motor that you need to take off to get it installed. All I need was the jack post assembly. They can pound sand because I'd still be waiting for parts. Wednesday the brown truck showed up with my new $240 jack. I got it installed in about 30 min and it works just like new. It actually auto leveled in my driveway for the first time ever.
We are heading out again this weekend so hopefully the other side doesn't fail.
I'm working on getting thebold one apart and see how much a machine shop would charge to make me a new top threaded piece. This way I'll have a spare for when the other side craps out. Depending on the cost of the new piece I may have a bunch of them made...
Old 06-04-2020, 09:51 PM   #10

I don’t know how you would install a new threaded block... it is “crimped” into place, you need to cut it out.

I had my broken jack replaced under extended warranty, then I emailed Lippert about how my other jack would have been taking twice the load for an unknown amount of time and they agreed. They replaced it under “good will”.
Two other forum members received good will jacks, shipping included. Unlucky me, being in Canada, cost $200 to get it over the border.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Of course they do. What needs to happen is a class action lawsuit or a call the the NHTSA. These pos things are gonna kill someone.
Like I said in my earlier post we still went camping and came home sunday afternoon. I placed an order with etrailer that evening and also sent an very polite email to customer service dept at LCI. I got a response back on monday asking for pics of the jack and my vin tag and date of purchase. Sent in that requested info that nite and got a reply back Tuesday stating my warranty was up so they won't do a warranty claim, BUT in good customer faith they would SELL me a new jack thru their parts dept at 50% off. The jack is over $400 and is a complete unit. I dont need the foot pad or the electric motor that you need to take off to get it installed. All I need was the jack post assembly. They can pound sand because I'd still be waiting for parts. Wednesday the brown truck showed up with my new $240 jack. I got it installed in about 30 min and it works just like new. It actually auto leveled in my driveway for the first time ever.
We are heading out again this weekend so hopefully the other side doesn't fail.
I'm working on getting thebold one apart and see how much a machine shop would charge to make me a new top threaded piece. This way I'll have a spare for when the other side craps out. Depending on the cost of the new piece I may have a bunch of them made...
Would you mind posting the part number of the jack you ordered from e-trailer? One of mine is getting squirrelly.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:55 PM   #12

Searching on etrailer and found a replacement front jack, w/out motor and foot, for 3.0 leveling system. Cheaper than buying the complete assembly. Try link below.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC362485.html
Old 06-09-2020, 08:01 AM   #13

It is the motor. The service tech tested it on Friday & everything worked correctly. He was called off our job to work on an "urgent" matter and went back to it on Monday. As soon as he tried it, started acting up. He contacted Lippert & they had him run tests that confirmed the right motor is bad. Now awaiting the motor.

Thanks again to everyone who provided insight.

Donna
Old 06-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
Searching on etrailer and found a replacement front jack, w/out motor and foot, for 3.0 leveling system. Cheaper than buying the complete assembly. Try link below.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../LC362485.html
Ok. That is a new item.
This was not available a year ago. Lippert must have got some backlash from dealers and customers, and made this part available. When I sent them my email (I wasn’t overly happy with them) I mention how I should be able to buy the leg separately.

Nice find. Sill on the expensive side though.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Ok. That is a new item.
This was not available a year ago. Lippert must have got some backlash from dealers and customers, and made this part available. When I sent them my email (I wasn’t overly happy with them) I mention how I should be able to buy the leg separately.

Nice find. Sill on the expensive side though.
Now we need to lobby for the rear legs. Only entire assembly available at this time.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #16

Another update...they installed the motor this morning & it worked but then started "jamming". So they took the leg off and found it has a scratch on the leg way up inside. It isn't at a spot that would normally see daylight so not sure where it came from. Was it that way from the manufacturer? Attached is the picture of the scratch on the "leg". A new leg has been ordered and hopefully gets here by Friday morning.
Attached Thumbnails
RightLeg.jpg  
Old 06-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #17

I'm calling bull$hit on that. I'd bet you were a couple up and down's away from jack failure like I had. Those "scratches" ain't bad enough to cause it to jam at all. I'd bet those threads on the top inside of that jack post are what's causing the jamming issue because they are about ready to shear off.
Good thing is it gave issues right there while they were testing it and now you get a new inner jack leg. Let's see how long this one lasts. Lol!
Old 10-12-2020, 10:32 PM   #18

Resurrecting this post...

After discovering the wall crack a third time (300 miles after Jayco fixed it) I have been having out of stroke errors over the last three days. Today that progressed into noise coming from the front left jack and when we got home today from picking the trailer up from Jayco, it failed completely. Ugh, when it rains, it pours. Sounds exactly like what everyone else is describing.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:52 AM   #19

Replace both of them... it’s just a matter of time before the other one fails.
There should be a class action on these.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Replace both of them... it’s just a matter of time before the other one fails.
There should be a class action on these.

Jayco is sending me the one. I was thinking the same and was going to order the other side anyway.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error code, lci pinnacle