Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2018, 05:55 AM   #1
jsk

LCI Frame Flex

We arrived a couple of nights ago at the beach. We are on a sandy site. Unhook and started the auto level and got out of stroke fault. After moving leveling blocks around and trying again a few times, I sat inside and watched the touchscreen. While watching it go through auto level during the process it would say either ‘checking’ or ‘analyzing’ for frame flex. Is this a normal part of the auto level analysis?

The reason I am curious is because the screen door has started hitting the upper left corner of door frame when closing. It is just starting to rub it. We have not noticed this in the past.

Also when we pulled in we heard the suspension crackling and popping. I can not find anything loose or out of line. I have considered spraying with white lithium grease but wanted some opinions first.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2018, 06:12 AM   #2

I’ve only watched the touch screen a couple of times while leveling, but IIRC it does look for frame flex.

The suspension does creak and groan a bit when leveling, both on the Pinnacle and our previous Eagle.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #3

Wet bolts will stop or greatly reduce suspension nosies. They are just nylon bushings and make noise.
Yes, the auto level system prevents frame twist. It also stops you from twisting the frame in manual mode as well. All normal.
Always use blocks under the jacks to prevent out of stroke. Also the front jacks need to be able to drop the trailer below level to have accurate leveling without lifting the unit too much. The shorter the jacks stroke, the less shake you will have.
My screen door does that on occasion. I adjusted it a bit with just hand pressure.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
jsk

The popping and crackling is new. We heard it when driving to campsite with windows down. I’ll try spaying with lithium grease before leaving. It was almost embarrassing.
I agree with more blocks. I used all I had as they were getting pushed into the sand. Guess I’m investing in more blocks.

Thanks