Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #1

LCI Leveling System

Hey guys on my old 5th wheel I was able to extend my dear jacks with no problem, sometime when we have to stop at one CG to go to our final destination I don't unhook from my TV I just let the rear jack down until they touch the pads.

Now on the new Jayco that we just bought I was trying to learn myself to do it on this one but was having a little problem doing it. Now since I have it in storage until tomorrow when we take it out again I would like to know how to just let the rear jack down.

I started going through the system but it give me some error fault message that I didn't want to go through with it then, and I was thinking that I have to be plug in shore power.

It's not a big deal now because I don't need to do it but when I do I would like to know, I guess I should care the dealer but I forgot, but I did read the manual. Thanks guys for your reply.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:58 PM   #2
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Hey guys on my old 5th wheel I was able to extend my dear jacks with no problem, sometime when we have to stop at one CG to go to our final destination I don't unhook from my TV I just let the rear jack down until they touch the pads.

Now on the new Jayco that we just bought I was trying to learn myself to do it on this one but was having a little problem doing it. Now since I have it in storage until tomorrow when we take it out again I would like to know how to just let the rear jack down.

I started going through the system but it give me some error fault message that I didn't want to go through with it then, and I was thinking that I have to be plug in shore power.

It's not a big deal now because I don't need to do it but when I do I would like to know, I guess I should care the dealer but I forgot, but I did read the manual. Thanks guys for your reply.
The app on the phone is pretty much the same as the panel. Choose leveling icon. Arrow down on left to Manual Mode. Press enter. Select extend or retract. Use buttons inside of circle for front/rear. Left/right. To exit arrow back at top of screen - Leveler. Doesn't need Shore Power
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20190526-143021.jpg   Screenshot_20190526-143132.jpg   Screenshot_20190526-143826.jpg   Screenshot_20190526-144157.jpg   Screenshot_20190526-144305.jpg  

DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:31 PM   #3

Okay thank you, we are going out starting out tomorrow for seven days so I will play around with it, thank you.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #4

I have the same system on my rig. The problem is, it levels a quarter bubble or more nose down. When I bring the nose up, the middle jacks come off the ground. Any ideas for work around?
Thanks
Old 05-27-2019, 01:15 AM   #5

On the one I had before the system was a little difference but I'm sure that it's almost the same this one is an update version for the one I had.

@RichW, I know that with you unhitch the nose should be almost level, but I'm not sure but it's a good place to start.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichW View Post
I have the same system on my rig. The problem is, it levels a quarter bubble or more nose down. When I bring the nose up, the middle jacks come off the ground. Any ideas for work around?
Thanks
You’ll need to re-zero your level point - use the panel to level manually, then set that as your level point. Sorry, I don’t remember the exact procedure within the system, but IIRC it’s in the manual. I also downloaded the manual from the LCI website as I found it a lot easier to read on my iPad than on the little panel in the rig.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:51 AM   #7

Thanks,
I wonder if I need to be on a dead-level site?
Old 05-27-2019, 05:52 AM   #8

Yeh had to rezero our 4 jack system. It was not level from factory. Its simple to do. Whole trailer was leaning to driver side. Drain pan in shower was not happy. Ditto on download the manual. They are pdf so you can print a hard copy and store in the trailer too!

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichW View Post
Thanks,
I wonder if I need to be on a dead-level site?
You don’t need to be on a level site. When I redid ours we were parked on a slight decline. I also had the slides in when I did it - putting them out had no impact on whether or not we remained level.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:33 PM   #10

We moved to a new site today. Started to level until I saw the wheels were being lifted. Aborted the process and started over. First, I re zeroed, then added a few more Links levelers and presto changeo! All level!
Thanks to all for your input.
RW
Old 05-27-2019, 09:13 PM   #11

Awesome, I love it when a plan comes together I was able to figure it out thanks.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #12

Okay, update the reason why that I was having a problem I need two batteries when I plug into power I don't have any problem with my LCI leveling so I call the stealership and he said I would have low voltage so I need to get another battery for my 5th wheel.

Any suggestion on what and how to install another one, I really don't want to take it in but this I should be able to get one and install it myself?
Old 05-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Okay, update the reason why that I was having a problem I need two batteries when I plug into power I don't have any problem with my LCI leveling so I call the stealership and he said I would have low voltage so I need to get another battery for my 5th wheel.

Any suggestion on what and how to install another one, I really don't want to take it in but this I should be able to get one and install it myself?
Wish I could help you Big!, but electrical whether it be AC or DC is not my friend. Always hire it out I had Valley put a second battery in when I took delivery.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:50 PM   #14

Big1: I believe you want to wire them up in a series-parallel configuration. You should be able to find diagrams on an internet search engine.
It should be fairly easy with only two batts.
��
Old 05-30-2019, 07:29 PM   #15

If you only have one battery then it would be 12 volt and you would wire the second one parallel. You only wire in series when when using two 6volt batteries.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180829_230037264.jpg  
Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
If you only have one battery then it would be 12 volt and you would wire the second one parallel. You only wire in series when when using two 6volt batteries.
Cannon beat me to it. All I would add is to replace your 1 battery with 2 new batteries so they are the same age. The older battery will suck the life out of the new battery.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:53 PM   #17

To add an extra 12 v battery, make sure it is of the same type- likely a lead-acid Marine/ RV. A battery shop like Interstate or a good car-parts store can help a lot.

When putting in two 12 v batteries, they get wired red to red and black to black which makes them parallel (same voltage just more amp-hours). My rig came with a bunch of 12-14" jumper cables. Just check that the crimped (squished) lugs (the rings that go on the battery posts) are tight. My red cable terminal lug came off the end of the cable in my hand because it was not crimped right. That is dangerous .

When the batteries are wired together in parallel as described, then connect the cables from your RV system. Red-to-red and black to black. If there are two red and two black cables coming from your rig (like mine), they do not have to all be on the same battery terminal. One can go on each of the batteries respective terminals so long as they are red-to-red and black-to-black. That way you are not crowding the terminals.

When doing all of this, you should disconnect shore power and turn off the battery disconnect switch if you have one. I lay towels or rubber mats around the battery compartment so if I drop a red (positive) cable to the frame then I don't risk a short and arc-welding myself to the rig. And when I tighten the nuts on the battery terminals I make sure not to touch the end of the wrench to anything else.
And the batteries need to be strapped down tight too.

If any of this make you unsure, any car shop or good auto parts store should be able to help.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:36 PM   #18

Wow, thanks guys this is awesome two more questions what can I expect to pay for a good 12 v battery and what size jumper cable do I get that I can put them both together?
Old 05-30-2019, 10:11 PM   #19

Sorry, I thought you were using 6v batterys.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 PM   #20

I'm not sure what came in my 5th wheel but I guess that I can look and see, I'm thinking the dealer install a 12v I'm out now camping so I will look tomorrow and see. Will it be on the battery whether a 6v or a 12v?

Also, where is the best place to buy it from?