Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #21

Question: If the manufacturer knowingly places less than adequate parts on a production unit and it impairs the safety of the user and the unit, isn’t it a potentially a class action suit.
Look at Ralph Nader and his suits, all the auto recalls etc.
Help me out ... why hadn’t this gone to court?
txauditr-ret. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by txauditr-ret. View Post
Question: If the manufacturer knowingly places less than adequate parts on a production unit and it impairs the safety of the user and the unit, isn’t it a potentially a class action suit.
I agree!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:09 PM   #23

Spring leaf broke in August in Minnesota, 90 miles west of Sioux Falls. Not good, ruined a tire, wore out part of the plastic wheel well, but otherwise little damage. But a bad thing in the right place makes it easier. AAA dispatched a wrecker who appeared out of the endless flat corn fields in a short time. He skillfully levered our trailer onto his flat bed and said if we could get a new spring set he could put it on. And he knew of a trailer repair shop in the next little farm town 19 miles down the road. So he took us and our trailer to his body shop, called the trailer guy, who had the parts, substantially heavier beefier parts. We picked them up and the wrecker driver-body shop mechanic put them on. Hard work, honest helpful friendly people, and we were on the road in five hours and flabbergasted at the low price. The mechanic only grumbled when he described the low-quality suspension on RVs. When we eventually got home we went to a top-quality spring shop and had the work checked and new hangers installed to go with the new shackles and wet bolts. What a difference in the ride, control, and sturdiness inside the trailer! Now springs and shackles will be a yearly inspection point along with the brakes and disassembly and re-packing the bearings. We're really enjoying our trailer and hoping for no more malfunctions - hopefully they have all been taken care of by now, but it is an RV...
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by txauditr-ret. View Post
Failure of shackles, and even the spring mounting brackets separating from the frame, are familiar topics in the forums.

Best thing we can do is to report all the incidents to the NHTSA.
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #25

Just a data point on this: my 2020 Eagle 321RSTS came with the thicker shackles and wet bolts from the factory. So Jayco is upgrading on some models.
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:30 PM   #26

I did the the Moryde kit as well. Dealer told me that’s the best investment you could make. The OEM shackles are a joke.
slevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:48 PM   #27

My 2018 28.5 RSTS does have the Moryde CRE 3000 No wet bolt kit. All looks well, and I lube (with sprays) the heck out of it. We probably have about 15K miles on it and although it seems fine I am wondering whether I still need to add their wet bolt kit?? essential? or just a good idea? or hang on til we trade trailers in a couple years; or is it already too late? Thoughts appreciated.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:08 AM   #28

I have the same CRE 3000, when I bought my 265RLS the metal was corroded, Jayco would do nothing for me, even though it was brand new. Moryde sent me a replacement unit and asked if I wanted the wet bolt kit for $120. I bought it and Moryde gave me money to install. The amount they gave me covered installation of everything. They are a great company to work with. No BS! And no regrets here at all.
slevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #29

Wow, good post, i will look at mine to make sure things aren't failing

ARMYG is offline   Reply With Quote