Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #1

Leak at back of "uni-dock" station at black valve

Finally got the 5er back from service center after warranty. De-winterizing the unit. I went to "power fill" the fresh water tank and found water leaking from the lower elbow fitting on the black valve. I tried tightening the 3 winged nut on the elbow with no luck. Removed the 3 winged nut and there is a coned shaped washer inside that should seal at the lip of the elbow fitting when the nut is installed. I have read all these fittings should be hand tight + 1/4 turn to seat the cone. I had anti-freeze in the line so I don't think it froze.

Note: water pressure is normally blocked at the black valve so the line that is leaking is not under pressure when selected to city watet mode. That's why I never noticed a leak before. Never filled the fresh water tank.

Does anyone know where these fittings can be purchased. I think the elbow may come with the valve (I think the mfg'r is Nautailus). Type 5er is in signature. Thanks
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #2

Hopefully if I did this right there should be two pictures one showing the back of the valve with the black handle on the Uni-dock panel and one showing the line removed. It is the lower line that is leaking. I did try working on it today and in true Ward fashion I made it worse. I think the majority of the leak is coming from the lower elbow that is screwed into the valve with black handle. I need to tighten it but that will require removing the valve from the panel. Anyone that has worked through that small hole with the mangled mess of wires and water lines knows what a joy that is.

The other picture that shows the end of the line there appears to be a small seal inside that is compressed against the elbow when the line is secured.

I am looking for info on the 3 winged B nut and seal. It is used in several locations in the camper and I’m sure it is not used exclusively in the RV industry. If anyone knows where they can be purchased it would be helpful. Right know the system can be used without leaks because that line is used to fill the fresh water tank. In the city water mode the pressure is blocked at the top side of the valve.
Attached Thumbnails
096C4419-80A3-412D-B733-1A5E8B0366ED.jpg   3F5B9251-DFC3-44D3-867B-36ACCC899475.jpg  
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote