Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29.5FBDS View Post
I have a brand new 29.5FBDS, and the floor next to the master bed is wet (right behind the toilet wall). It's in line with the slide, so I suspected that at first, but we haven't had enough rain to really be possible. Fortunately it doesn't smell, so nothing bad like that. We're hooked up to City water, so wondering if there is a chance something is wrong with a valve. In either case, how do I go about tracking this down? Any thoughts on what it could be?
Everytime I move the travel trailer, I check for leaks and tighten hose connections. You would not believe what vibrations will do. But, since it is NEW, take it back to the shop.
Mookie2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:14 PM   #22

This seems to describe the annoying water leaks we are having with our 2018 Whitehawk 31Rl. What was the fix for the issue you have described?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
Talk to the mobil service and see if they will do warranty work. Some will not because of the rates the mfg specify. Some will.

Glad you found the leak. We had a fitting behind the control panel leak as well. Replaced it.

You might also check your kitchen and bathroom faucet connections. When under higher pressure ours would leak.

Took us a while to find it. There would be a puddle under the kitchen sink. No leaks or wet water lines visible. What happens is due to hot water heater. When you take a shower or use a lot of hot water you get cold water in the heater. Water is shut off. As the water heats up the pressure increases quite a bit. That was when our fittings would leak. About a cup or two of water. Then it would stop until a lot of hot water was used again. Our case we'd get a leak every three or four nights.

FYI, also check the little washers in the faucet fittings. Some have found them missing or 'crushed'.