Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2022, 03:15 PM   #1

leaking city water inlet

I have a 2018 28.5 RSTS with a 6 in 1 utility center. The city water inlet, number 4, keeps leaking, especially if there is any pressure, like from the weight of hose on it. I have replaced the washer/filter. I am trying to find a replacement. See what I actually have in the picture. I wonder if that is something a previous owner has added or changed. What do others have? The knurled knob at the back wall of the utility center does not move or turn at all but I wonder if that is the original connection and that is an extension which I have not been able to duplicate, at least through traditional RV resources.
Attached Thumbnails
water inlet small pic.jpg  
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
BLTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:16 PM   #2

I have a 2017 28.5 and mine looks just like yours. It leeks at times and you have to jiggle it around to get it to a slow drip. Poor design IMO.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:20 PM   #3

Our 2017 29.5 BHDS looks the same. I use a brass angle connector similar to this. Camco (22505) 90 Degree Hose Elbow- Eliminates Stress and Strain On RV Water Intake Hose Fittings, Solid Brass When tightening, i hand tighten the black plastic piece with the brass connector angled to about 2 or 3 pm. Once I hand tighten as far as I can, I hold on to the black plastic with my fingers, making sure it doesn't twist, and angle the brass connector to 6 PM. The 90 degree connector takes a lot of strain off the plastic and pex connector inside the RV. No leaks. Key is to make sure you get it good and tight.

I agree, it's not a great design. I'd love to get a quick connect fitting in there. Maybe I will. The issue with removing the black plastic piece, is it is a check valve, so your water won't flow out of the rig when running on the tank.

2022 Ford F-350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.7L Diesel Antimatter Blue
2017 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS
mitch8628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:14 PM   #4

I’ve done the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch8628 View Post
Our 2017 29.5 BHDS looks the same. I use a brass angle connector similar to this. Camco (22505) 90 Degree Hose Elbow- Eliminates Stress and Strain On RV Water Intake Hose Fittings, Solid Brass When tightening, i hand tighten the black plastic piece with the brass connector angled to about 2 or 3 pm. Once I hand tighten as far as I can, I hold on to the black plastic with my fingers, making sure it doesn't twist, and angle the brass connector to 6 PM. The 90 degree connector takes a lot of strain off the plastic and pex connector inside the RV. No leaks. Key is to make sure you get it good and tight.

I agree, it's not a great design. I'd love to get a quick connect fitting in there. Maybe I will. The issue with removing the black plastic piece, is it is a check valve, so your water won't flow out of the rig when running on the tank.
Old 02-19-2023, 02:50 PM   #5

Check the O ring

There is an O ring on the back side that seals the cup to the fitting. Mine got old and fell out. Still looking to find a replacement
Dean I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 12:57 AM   #6

Our Eagle HT 24.6 has this same configuration at the water port. That small black extension on the water inlet... is that a pressure reducer? I've struggled to remove it to replace the gasket. I ended up tightening enough to stop the leak for now.

I installed a 90 elbow there and a block underneath to support weight from hoses.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:20 AM   #7

Hello, I have pretty much the same model (Eagle HT 27.5 BHS) , but it's older (model year 2015) so it's probably different since there's a separate inlet for the fresh water tank fill. Anyway, the intake spigot on the city water filler panel drips when no hose connected and pressure in the water system, which may mean the check valve isn't sealing anymore. I'm trying to decide what to do: try an elbow like this discussion addresses, or replace the whole panel? Here's a replacement: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017MONLP2...v_ov_lig_dp_it
My question: before I order that and remove the existing panel (I think it's called a flange), does anybody know if the line inside that connects to this replacement item has a male or female connector?
Papafox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
city water, fresh water inlet, water connection, water inlet