Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #1

leaking faucet

Our 2013 Eagle 31.5 RLTS has a goose neck faucet. It is leaking between the pull out spray arm and the base. Can not see how to unscrew the head of the faucet. It does not leak if I leave the spray arm pulled out....but!
Crablad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:43 AM   #2

You should see about getting that fixed. If it's new take it to the dealer.
My faucet had a little water around the neck occasionally when I wasn't using it. One night I went to bed and woke up 4 hours later in the dark and stepped down from the bedroom to the kitchen and had about 1/2 of water. Faucet leaked at the neck when I was sleeping.
The carpet, 3 cabinets,furnace, decking and the breaker box are all being replaced by Jayco under warranty because of the leaking faucet.
speckfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #3

I have a new Pinnacle and have the same issue as Crablad. We kept a small flat container under the general are this winter as it is usually just a few spoonfulls at a time and then only occasionally. I cant get my big fingers under there to try to tighten much. Taking it to the dealer to fix a few bugs shortly. Hopefully they can fix it.
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #4

There is a known issue with these faucets, about a 25% failure rate. The dealer should replace them.
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John LLRV View Post
There is a known issue with these faucets, about a 25% failure rate. The dealer should replace them.
Hey John,

Along a similar issue, are there any screens further down the line in those faucets? Other than the ones in the head? I seem to have low water pressure at the kitchen sink (maybe isolated, maybe not). I took the faucet apart as far down as I could get it and didn't find anything, but there's a connector under the sink I can't quite get my fat fingers on that might have a screen in it?

No leaks in it so far as I can tell, but now I'll be watching it really close!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #6

Not in the TT's, that I am aware of. 5er, ya.. but not the TT's.. That said, its not uncommon to have.. um.. "extra building material" in the lines. Could be the problem slowing the water flow in the faucet. You don't have the build in water filter under the sink do ya?
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John LLRV View Post
Not in the TT's, that I am aware of. 5er, ya.. but not the TT's.. That said, its not uncommon to have.. um.. "extra building material" in the lines. Could be the problem slowing the water flow in the faucet. You don't have the build in water filter under the sink do ya?
No filter under the sink that I can see. It may just be that I'm using a 40 PSI regulator, but I thought I would get more than what I got even with that. I was down there last time I had it and all I could see was a connection point in the hose that I thought could contain a screen or filter of some kind upstream from the head. Like I said, I disassembled the head as far as I could get (looking for "excess materials" you mentioned) and 2 things surprised me: 1) there were about 6 screens in the head of the faucet, 2) the stream of water with the head off was VERY small, like 1/4" stream... I got more than a little splatter when I turned it on, glad I had it pointed at the drain, otherwise it would have shot across the camper! Not that the pressure was high, it was just a tighter stream of water than I expected.

I'll look into it some more next time I have it in the driveway, don't want to hijack the thread any more...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote