Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #21

It would sure be nice if the awning leds were seperate from the step light. Sitting out at night the LED's are 1- too bright and 2- major bug attractants. I would like to see where I step without the whole site being lit up when we are out enjoying the evening
pervinpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #22

If the porch switch is momentary then it's almost certainly connected to the remote circuit. The remote receiver uses relays to latch the circuit open or closed. Could you have the wrong remote? I'd say possibly, but since some of the remote features work it sounds like the basic transmitter/receiver stuff is working. Is the remote labeled "porch light" (ours is)?
Our remote has a selector for a 4th slide that we don't have and the receiver has no relay in its position (so it doesn't do anything). It's possible that your porch light isn't connected to the remote. But back to the rocker switch, is it a momentary?
If the rocker is momentary and it does turn the porch light on then we could expect the relay is OK and I'd suspect the receiver board is defective. As I recall the receiver is kind of sealed up and probably not repairable (kind of a guess).
A side note I've found the Xmitter goes thru its battery pretty quick, we get maybe a season out of one (uses an oddball 23A).

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #23

The remote is labeled porch
maggie130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #24

led

We had the same problem with our new 28.5 eagle ht. the black rocker switch runs the light. it turns on both lights led strip and step lights. our led lights didn't work I traced the wires back from the led strip and found a wire nut disconnected in the closet next to the bed on the wall side of the led strip. If your step light works then start at the led strip and work back. I to did not like that they both came on with same switch, so I purchased multi color led strip and installed on the outer bar of my awning I now use this strip more than factory one. Here is link to the new lights they do so many different things the grandkids love them.

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT%C2%AE-Waterproof-Flexible-strip-Changing/dp/B00ASHQQKI/ref=pd_sim_60_3/190-3232279-5351038?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TM35S9MKBBVCM0JBT48

starcraft69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #25

The light at the back of the steps doesn't work either
Old 08-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie130 View Post
The light at the back of the steps doesn't work either
Ok, what I understand is, using the switch the porch light works but under stairs and awning do not. Nothing works using porch on remote.

I'm guessing all 3 are connected to the same switch. It seems most are that way but we don't know for certain.

I'd check the bulb in the under stairs light to verify it's good.

Assuming the bulb is good AND all 3 are connected to the same switch a wiring fault would be my next suspect.

Either a trip to the dealer or start digging.

About the remote, is the switch a momentary? If yes, I'd expect the remote to work. If it's a "click-on, click-off" switch then it's probably not connected to the remote.

Electrical probs can be a challenge and many times the problem is something unexpected.

A new thought, check the basement for a secondary switch for the LEDs, maybe they are connected to the porch or on a seperate circuit.

Keep posting, this is an interesting problem and I'd like to know how it shakes out.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:01 AM   #27

Guess we will take it back to the dealer, as we havent had it a year yet. Thanks for all your help
Old 08-08-2015, 07:05 AM   #28

Back of switch

FWIW - I have had my new TT for 3 months, and have had 2 instances of switches suddenly not working. Both times it was the wire coming off the post behind the switch. (mine are a simple slide-on back there. I crimped them slightly with a pliers to give them a little more friction when going on the post)

I hope its something that simple, but this sounds like a royal pain. Sorry to see this thread go so long..
Old 08-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #29

I have a rocker switch on my North Point that turns on one of the awning LED strips (it needs to be held for a second)
And another regular switch for the other awning LEDs
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote