Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-01-2023, 10:40 AM   #1

leveling jacks - out of level

Hello, I have a 2021 NP 310rlts. I have had both front leveling legs replaced and the hose to one of them replaced after it began leaking. The front driver side would collapse after a couple of days and the front passenger side leg was leaking fluid. It took 2 trips to the dealer to have them replace the legs and hoses. Now, my coach is out of warranty and I continue to have issues.

On my last two trips I have had the same issue. I level the coach and after a couple of days I notice the front, driver side leg (the one that was just replaced) has retracted a few inches and is off the ground. Walking around the coach, I saw that another leg on passenger side rear that was a few inches off the ground. After releveling, a couple of days later, the same issue.

I will add this, and not sure if it contributes to the issue. Before the front legs were replaced and were collapsing, I placed them on blocks thinking I would relieve some of the stress by not having them extend so far. After the legs were replaced, I continued to use the blocks on the front and this issue started. Is it possible using the blocks on the front legs is contributing to this issue?
Trublu1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:51 AM   #2

My motorhome was doing the same thing until I raised the jacks all the way up and then let them down. I'm not sure if it bled the air out of the system but they work great now. Might be worth a try, like when you replace a power steering pump it says to turn the steering wheel all the way side to side a few times to get the air out
Old 01-01-2023, 11:03 AM   #3

Being on blocks wouldn't be harmful to the system.

There could be air in the system, easy enough to fully extend and retract which should remove it. Check your fluid level in the tank first and add if needed.

What is odd is the fact that they are actually lifting off of the ground. Makes me think that there may be a issue in the valve body and oil is leaking past a o ring caused by damage or dirt in one or more of the solenoid valves.
Contact the manufacturer, hopefully they will give you some guidance

Also, contact your dealer. IIRC, you have 60 days after a repair has been completed to verify it actually has been properly done regardless of warranty expiration.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote