Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2023, 06:54 PM   #1

Leveling Sensor location

2021 Jayco Pinnacle will not “auto-level”. Does anyone know where the rear Leveling Sensor is located?
JBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBullet View Post
2021 Jayco Pinnacle will not “auto-level”. Does anyone know where the rear Leveling Sensor is located?
On the earlier PINNACLES it was usually mounted just behind the axles in the belly. Your best bet would be to use the contact page to get the exact location. You need your vin.

https://www.jayco.com/contact-towable-service/
Old 03-24-2023, 05:59 AM   #3

Quote:
What happens when you attempt to level?
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:26 AM   #4

Quote:

Sometimes i have difficulty auto leveling when I use the key pad in Basement. I use the app on my phone and it usually works. If it still will not auto level retract all jacks then hit auto level and it works for me.
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolguy5 View Post
retract all jacks then hit auto level.
Key point right there.

Also, on mine, I have to press and hold the auto level button until the pump starts whirring.
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:16 PM   #6

I had an issue all last year with my auto level on our 2016 Pinnacle. Even though the litte green dot is in the middle and all six jacks are down I get the message Auto Level fails with "out of stroke". I use a level inside the trailer on the floors, the kitchen island, and stove top only to find everything is level in all directions. I kick the blocks under each jack and nothing moves. The FW is solid on the ground and level. It doesn't seem to matter how many blocks I use I always get the dreaded "out of stroke" message. Has anyone else faced this challenge and found a solution?

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 03:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
Key point right there.

Also, on mine, I have to press and hold the auto level button until the pump starts whirring.

X2
Old 03-27-2023, 06:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
I had an issue all last year with my auto level on our 2016 Pinnacle. Even though the litte green dot is in the middle and all six jacks are down I get the message Auto Level fails with "out of stroke". I use a level inside the trailer on the floors, the kitchen island, and stove top only to find everything is level in all directions. I kick the blocks under each jack and nothing moves. The FW is solid on the ground and level. It doesn't seem to matter how many blocks I use I always get the dreaded "out of stroke" message. Has anyone else faced this challenge and found a solution?

I have the Equalizer on my unit, so we may be talking apples and oranges. I will sometimes get an "Excessive Slope" error which is the equivalent to your out of stroke error; often the unit still feels rock steady and appears to be balls-on level.

In my case, it seems to occur if a starboard jack travels a bit more than its port side match (or vice versa). I've learned to survey the site before leveling and will place cribbing under the jacks that look like they'll have to travel further. (I carry a supply of 2x10's cut at 10" lengths)

I very rarely see the Excessive Slope error these days. When I do, I'll either add a 5/4 cribbing to the offending jack or just ignore it if the unit feels good enough.
I will say, it seems to me that there's a bit of a learning curve to the auto-leveling systems; but once you figure them out they're the bee's knees.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:34 PM   #9

It turns out, the whole issue was user error. I was not aware that I had to retract all before I did auto level.
My chaparral would auto level when I hit the button regardless, if I hit retract all or not. Thank you everyone for the help..
JBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 06:16 AM   #10

Quote:
It turns out, the whole issue was user error. I was not aware that I had to retract all before I did auto level.
My chaparral would auto level when I hit the button regardless, if I hit retract all or not. Thank you everyone for the help..
Happy to hear you got it figured out. Like a said, a little bit of a learning curve, but it's the cat's rear-end once you figure it out.

Not sure if you're set up permanent or mobile. If mobile, it may be worth it to purchase some leveling blocks (or 2x10's) for when you eventually get that "excessive slope" error.

Tags
leveling sensor location