Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
Site Team

Yes, do post some pics in the Jayco mods forum!

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #12

Post your mods in the 365 section...

Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #13

I am the same way when it comes to details. Drives my DW nuts! It will make the intial setup go that much faster for you since you can see that bubble clearly from your rear view without having to get out of the TV. Plus you know exactly what you have to do and where. I have not had the issues with the bubble movement as mentioned previuos but it's only a season old so we'll see. I can live with 3 years or better on the life just for the ease of setup.

Another thing I keep in my unit is a plastic 2ft level for calibration of the unit. It doesn't move but I still like to double check the unit, especially on the longer 7+ days setups.

18 gal and larger totes are my go to basement organizers. 2 stack nicely on each other and clear the roof by about 5 inches to allow for the patio mat and camping chairs on top. I have one to hold all my kids toys and balls One for setup needs and another for odds and ends that I only need when I am boondocking. Sure beats having all the stuff rolling around down there and when I don't need the boondock tote I pull it for less weight without having to go through stuff.

I use a smaller flatter one for all the sewer connections and flushes then the hose fits in my bumper.

I've got a long spring mods list that once complete I will post in the mods section. Some of last years are in there already for addressing the "wiggle".

Good Luck and welcome!

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #14

JC,
Sorry I can't help much with the leveling system but Congrats on your 365BHS. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did ours. Jayco certainly designed the 365BHS with family in mind. Only hope they made them even better in 2012 as I should be picking our new one up in about 6 weeks.

Jr
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #15

If I had a MH I would have an electric leveling system. TT and 5Ver are quite a bit easier. You only have to worry about side to side for driving over blocks or planks. Drive into the RV space and if you have a level, I use a 9 inch, it makes it pretty easy to make a quick calculation. A 2 ft level even makes it easier to calculate exactly what you need side to side. My wife mark the ground where the planks should go, I pull ahead or back, keeping my TV wheels straight. She places the planks down, I drive over them. I'm level side to side. Fore and aft I do with the hitch jack. Same with the 5Ver. Guess I don't understand what the problem seems to be. I use the level just inside the door on the floor of the TT or the 5Ver I had.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #16

Some of you tired of leveling your trailers and coaches may want to take a look at the website www.bigfootleveler.com.
there is some video of the EZ levlers for trailers and fifthwheels as well as the motorized systems.
Roger
QUADRA BIGFOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 AM   #17

Guess I too wonder what the problem is with putting down a 2X6 or lynx block or two to level side to side. Pretty simple and easy. And what is the big hurry when you are at a CG ? You are supposed to be relaxed and having fun. Seems a gigantic waste to me to spend upwards of $2500 just so you can push a button instead of lifting a 2X6. I like the KISS principle, and would not think of spending that kind of cash just so I can push a button. But if that is what you want, it's your privilege - go right ahead. But I'll stick with my 2X4s every time. JMHO.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie23 View Post
Guess I too wonder what the problem is with putting down a 2X6 or lynx block or two to level side to side. Pretty simple and easy. And what is the big hurry when you are at a CG ? You are supposed to be relaxed and having fun. Seems a gigantic waste to me to spend upwards of $2500 just so you can push a button instead of lifting a 2X6. I like the KISS principle, and would not think of spending that kind of cash just so I can push a button. But if that is what you want, it's your privilege - go right ahead. But I'll stick with my 2X4s every time. JMHO.
The tenters and pop-up campers probably say the same thing about you and your trailer.:hihi:
Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS; '01 Sunnybrook Lite 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah
Previous TV's: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1 4.10; '99 Chevy Express 1500 5.7
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #19

Sorry - I want to apologize for my last post about 2X6s vs. leveling jacks. I did not mean to offend anyone. While not an excuse, I had just had an "animated discussion" with my daughter about her generation's obsession with pushing buttons to get things done, and not knowing how to use her hands and head, or paper and pencil. You know, the cashier who cannot make change without a computer, or the stock clerk that will not get up and check the shelf to see if an item is in stock when the computer is down . . . . . and on and on. Please forgive my moment of speaking from the soap box.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #20

We are starting to do some research on leveling systems for our Pinnacle.
Since we fulltime and move quite a bit a leveling system would be nice and get used quite a bit.
Maybe it will be my Christmas present to me !!!

Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote