Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 51
License plate installation

I received my license plate recently but have not installed it, because all I see is a plastic piece on the back with two holes. Should I just use some bolts and nuts to install it? Should the nuts be on the back and will the bolts rub against the fiber glass? Please let me know how this needs to be done. Thanks!
__________________

Bobmadras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmadras View Post
I received my license plate recently but have not installed it, because all I see is a plastic piece on the back with two holes. Should I just use some bolts and nuts to install it? Should the nuts be on the back and will the bolts rub against the fiber glass? Please let me know how this needs to be done. Thanks!
I picked up some short maybe 1/2" plastic nuts and bolts that had a phillips head at AutoZone made for installing plates.
__________________

Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
I picked up some short maybe 1/2" plastic nuts and bolts that had a phillips head at AutoZone made for installing plates.
Thanks! I shall do the same.
__________________
Bobby
Bobmadras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
WyEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 174
I just used some short bolts and put the bolt head on the inside to prevent scratches and the nut on the outside.
__________________
2016 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2010 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew with Max Tow
WyEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Plover, WI
Posts: 59
Highly recommend that you use plastic or stainless steel nuts and bolts. You do not want rust residue dripping down your RV's wall.
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:34 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Worcester
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
Highly recommend that you use plastic or stainless steel nuts and bolts. You do not want rust residue dripping down your RV's wall.
+1 for plastic N&B
__________________

__________________
2016 Jay Flight 38FDDS
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jacyo, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.