Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2019, 10:05 PM   #1

Linoleum floor bubbling up and lifting?

Hello everyone! Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the floor bubbling and lifting? Mine is a 2019 Eagle HT 29.5FBDS. We absolutely love it, and have had very few minor issues since purchasing in February 2019. About halfway through a recent 33 day trip, we noticed the floor lifting and bubbling up throughout the camper. There are large "ripples" in the entryway, kitchen, and bathroom. Photos are not great at showing this, so here is a video of what I am talking about. Is anyone else experiencing this? We have not see this in any other brands that we have owned, so I am wondering is this is "normal" for a Jayco?

https://youtu.be/B5B9Y-loxbc

2019 Eagle HT 29.5FBDS
2018 RAM 3500 Cummins Dually
andy_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #2
Site Team

IMO, it's not normal for any floor installation of that type. Needs attention before it is ripped.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #3

This isn't too unusual. Our dealer showed us a new Pinnacle on the lot and the floor was coming up just like yours. On our new Pinnacle, the screws are backing out of the floor and puncturing the vinyl. All has to be removed and replaced. Jayco has lots of quality issues right now. Good luck!
tfoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #4

I've had to have mine repaired (split). The dealer had their flooring tech come in and repair. So far you can not tell where it was.

I know I couldn't do better..

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #5
Site Team

I would contact your dealer and Jayco Customer service about it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 05:45 PM   #6

Thank you everyone for your responses. Our Eagle is currently back at the dealership already, awaiting response from Jayco. Hopefully, this is not considered "normal" construction for them, and they will have a solution to repair it. The floor separation is happening throughout the entire trailer, so something is definitely not right. I'll post a reply to let everyone know how Jayco handled it!

Here is a different video of the flooring situation in the bathroom as well:

https://youtu.be/iAo2jkQ12Gc
Old 08-26-2019, 05:34 PM   #7

Andy_camper, I also have a Jayco HT Eagle 29.5 and have the same floor issue. How did you repair turn out?
Cody_5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #8

Mine was purchased in February and the same problem you have, was discovered when Phoenix started to heat up. Jayco took care of it. So far, so good..
Had about 20 other additional problems. They had to replace my entire roof among other things. The dealer had my unit for 4 months...very frustrating!
Whammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
It is what you call the soft vinyl flooring which is self leveling and doesn't need to be glued. Used in North/Mid Europe since the 90's and avoid shrinking problems when temp changes to colder. I'm sure the other side of the coin is stretching with heat. This type flooring doesn't get glued. It stands up much better than the hard vinyl flooring, which will crack during extreme winter conditions. So if it is a bit wavy at times it is normal.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #10

In a way it's good that it's not glued down.......at least for me. On my North Point after a few months, we noticed a lump in the floor in front of the stove. It turned out to be a piece of wood debris that was left when the floor was laid.........pretty lame. They cut a small slit at the fake seam and were able to reach in and retrieve the piece of wood then injected some glue on each side of the cut and never knew it was there.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:56 PM   #11

Cody_5er, I should be picking up the Eagle next weekend. Jayco approved the warranty repair, so I'm eager to see how it looks now. I had a bunch of other things taken care of, as well as some upgrades, so the dealer has had my trailer for a few weeks now. So far, the service at Richardson's RV in California has been prompt and courteous, so I have high hopes for a quality resolution. I'll post pics of the repair once I get it back.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #12

I have the same issue w/ our 29.5FBDS and the dealer said it was normal, not glued. Guess its just something to deal with...
Old 10-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammon View Post
Mine was purchased in February and the same problem you have, was discovered when Phoenix started to heat up. Jayco took care of it. So far, so good..
Had about 20 other additional problems. They had to replace my entire roof among other things. The dealer had my unit for 4 months...very frustrating!
Were having all of the issues mentioned within this string, Bubbling and screws poking up through the vinyl. Can you let us know why your roof had to be replaced? One of our trusses or the plywood shifted and there is a visible ridge that our dealer is checking into and curious if this is what you encountered?
stauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #14

Went up the ladder and crawled about 3 ft onto the roof, when one knee crushed the plywood underneath. I went back down. I am only 210 lbs. Jayco advertises a magnum roof able to stand over 1000 lbs I believe. Imagine having to go up there to clean the rubber roof, repair and reseal, or place solar panels. I was quite unhappy to say the least! I was able to see what they replaced it with....looks very thin. No confidence anymore!
Old 10-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #15

BTW..Jayco warranted my floor also and glued it down. Looks great now. Now don’t have to worry about the floor bubbling up, drying out over time, then cracking when stepped on..
Old 10-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #16

I’m seeing some expansion and slight rippling when the windows are open, blinds up and sun beating down on the floor. I would consider that normal. In the hallways and bathroom, not normal, at least in my trailer layout. I’m only 6 months in, but watching it. It completely goes away when the sun isn’t beating on it.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #17

By the way, I’m at Richardson also and haven’t had any issues. Quick turn times and easy to work with. But my fixes have been pretty simple. Let me know if you do have any problems, I’d like to know. And if you want upgrades or changes I have a great guy around the corner from them in Menifee that knows solar and is honest.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:17 PM   #18

Hello everyone! Here is the update on my warranty claim for the linoleum lifting and bubbling in the living area and bathroom in my Eagle HT 29.5fbds. Jayco approved the warranty claim from Richardson's RV, and when I picked up my 5th wheel, the floor seemed significantly better than before. It appeared flatter and smoother, and the flooring appeared to have been glued down to the subfloor. After inspecting it as thoroughly as I felt was adequate, I thanked the service writer, and headed the four hours back home to Vegas. Now that we have had a chance to spend more time in the Eagle, some things are becoming apparent that I did not notice when I picked the unit up. Here are the photos to help show what we found:
1. The floor is definitely still "wrinkled" in a few places:

2. The flooring seems to have been "repaired" by cutting it around the cabinetry, then pulled and glued, which is far from my vision of an ideal repair:

As of right now, I'm not satisfied with the work that was done to fix the problem, and now I can only see more issues that may arise from having flooring that is sliced up at crucial locations throughout my living area. I'm going to reach out to Jayco to see if this is the type of repair that they expected when they authorized it, and go from there.

Happy camping, everyone!
Old 10-28-2019, 12:30 PM   #19

Looks like a very shoddy job. I wouldn't accept that.

Ours is having the linoleum replaced for the second time. We'll pick it up tomorrow (hopefully). Will report back once we get it.

Keep us posted about what Jayco says.

Tom
tfoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #20

A high school woodworking shop could do a better job than that. Incredible!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote