The Saga Continues
I'm at about 6 weeks into troubleshooting this ground control 3.0 with the BMPro, Jaycommand app attached. The touchpad is the small one with 5 buttons which limits the troubleshooting on that end. Hopefully my experience will help someone and maybe there is a guru among you that can put the last piece of this puzzle together.
After working with 8 technicians from 3 different companies all of whom were very patient with me, this is what I did/learned.
Started with zero power to any of the 4 jacks.
1. Made sure there were 12 volts or better going to all parts of system
Control module, touchpad, all jacks, even while in operation (later on)
2. Replaced control module, still dead
3. Replaced touchpad, still dead
4. Learned how to create a jack fault by unplugging a jack from board, still
5. Decided after speaking with tech, maybe try a different jack, bingo! Had
to unplug each jack in turn until I unplugged the one causing the
problem. Software never once indicated it was left rear issue.
6. Now we know it is wiring harness or motor. Motor runs if 12 volts
7. Next tech person said, probably the harness to you have to pull it out of
the frame. Didn't want to go there ahhhh!
8. Decided to swap the rear jacks and the issue followed the bad part. The
signal wire harness inside the motor housing was compromised.
9. Lippert graciously gave me a great deal on a new motor which was easy
10. All manual functions work fine but unable to get through the rehoming
process to let the controller know where the jacks are. Every time I go
through the process of lowering jacks etc. then hit retract all, rehoming
error message returns.
11. Motors work manually but without this last piece, none of the automatic
features will work (hitch height, auto level, and retract all)
12. Tried all the "reset methods from all the manuals and anything I could
find online. At this point the techs are as baffled as I am. Also tried unplugging the signal wire from the control board to see if it would work independently of the BMPro. Nope
At this point I am kind of lost. I am kind of fascinated at how complicated this stuff has become. I am also about broke from buying new parts. Shoot me a reply if you have even the most odd idea or out of the box method to get this thing reset.
2020 Eagle 317RLOK
2015 GMC 2500 HD Duramax