Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2020, 02:08 PM   #1

Lippert Auto Level 2.0 Rear Sensor on Pinnacle

I am looking for information on the location for the Remote Rear Sensor for the Lippert 2.0 Auto Level on a 2015 Pinnacle REQS. I contacted Jayco and was told the rear sensor is somewhere between the spare tire and rear axle. There are two removable panels on each side of the spare tire which I haven't removed yet to see if it might be located in one of them. I did remove a panel right behind the rear axle but that turned out to be access to a slideout motor. If someone has replaced the rear sensor any information on location would be appreciated. I am trying to keep from having to remove the entire belly cover to find the rear sensor.
bluebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 AM   #2

I also have a 2015 REQS and did replace my rear sensor a while back. On mine, I had to drop the spare tire and cut the plastic underbelly in the middle of the trailer for access to the trailer’s cross beam. My sensor was mounted on a small block of wood screwed into the “C” channel of the frame.

Lippert told me this was NOT their recommended method of mounting for the RV manufacturers but that Jayco (and others) did not always follow their recommendations. They recommend the sensor be mounted on a metal bracket welded to the frame. Vibration is the main enemy here.

Since I did not have welding skills nor equipment, I used a piece of angle iron bolted to the frame using Loc-Tite to mount the replacement sensor. So far, (fingers crossed) my mounting has held tight.

Just another “fix” for Jayco’s version of quality versus mine. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #3

Thanks GretasDad, I appreciate the comeback!
When you say "middle of trailer" do you mean behind the axles midway between the I beams? Is the crossbeam just to the front of the spare tire where it was mounted? Also, could you tell me what kind of symptoms you had that made you replace it? On mine the center jacks only come down about an inch and the back jacks are temperamental.
bluebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:14 AM   #4

Sounds like our symptoms were the same.

My sensor was behind the axles, middle of the trailer side-to-side, directly above the spare tire mounting on a cross member of the frame. I cut a flap in the plastic underbelly material giving me access to see/work on it.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:58 AM   #5

Me too

I have been having an issue for over a year now and just found your thread.

My unit auto-levels just fine but the middle jacks only drop an inch or so then stop. I have been doing a workaround by letting it complete leveling then raise the front slightly, inserting something under the middle jacks, then lower the front back down.

If I am reading your posts correctly, you guys changed the rear sensor and the issue was resolved. Is that true?

Thanks for the help.
jangeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 12:21 PM   #6

Jangeley, yes, my fix/replacement of the rear mounted sensor fixed my issue.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:57 PM   #7

Big thanks

I am hoping your fix will work for me as well. I didn't say so in my post but I too have a 2015 Pinnacle, a 38FLSA and we just love it. This is our 4th RV including a Pace Arrow motorhome and the Pinnacle is the best.
jangeley is offline   Reply With Quote