Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #1

Lippert Ground Control Auto Leveling

Have auto leveling on my 2020 355 MBQS. Had some issues, that i figured out when getting it to level yesterday. I was too nose high and didn't give the landing gear enough travel down. 5th wheels are new to me (been doing TTs for 10 years) and although the new stuff is great, its still new...

Anyway, while I was researching the system on line, it references an LED panel where you can see the error codes. All I have in my garage is the simple control with buttons, but no screen. Is this not available when it comes equipped from Jayco, or is it hidden somewhere I've overlooked? I tried looking for a screen on the touchscreen control panel in the camper, but didn't see anything but the same controls that are in the garage.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #2

You may have to reset the “null” on your rig. Take a bubble level and use it to level the rig front to back and side to side adjusting the jacks manually.

Then reset the “Null” by following the instructions on this video. Then you can just hit Autolevel moving forward.

http://youtu.be/EOwOyAKhX5U
Familyfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:29 PM   #3

It's on the controller, look in the basement up on the ceiling.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:39 PM   #4

On my Pinnacle it is on the ceiling of the propane tank bay on the LH side near the control. There is a small green??? LED light with the error code chart next to it.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #5

Do you operate by the panel on the storage door, phone app, or touch screen by control panel?

My touch screen will say where the fault is, but I don’t see a “code” per se.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #6

I usually use the touch pad in the garage, and occasionally the app. It is working fine, and I figured it out, but it would have been easier to figure out what I did wrong if I could see the code.

I looked in the propane tank compartments, there is nothing there. The picture below shows the keypad. There are 2 additional boxes above, but you cannot see any screen that shows error codes like on the Lippert website.
Attached Thumbnails
81E8EAA5-7B17-4441-B207-4D106B4ECD10.jpeg  
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:31 PM   #7

Sorry, the picture should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise - Don’t know how to do that on my phone.
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
On my Pinnacle it is on the ceiling of the propane tank bay on the LH side near the control. There is a small green??? LED light with the error code chart next to it.

Huh. Not on mine. I have the slow blinking green LED next to the leveling control panel in the propane locker but no such chart.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Huh. Not on mine. I have the slow blinking green LED next to the leveling control panel in the propane locker but no such chart.
x2
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:06 PM   #10

Quote:
I finally got the 5er from storage to get ready for our first week out. I took a picture of the little electronic box in the LH propane compartment with the little green blinking light. On the side is a chart depicting the "fault conditions. Not sure what the box is for, just assumed it was for the leveling system. BTW, it stays powered when the battery disconnect switch, which right next to it, is turned off.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0517.jpg  
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Old 07-06-2020, 10:43 AM   #11

Son of a ....
I do indeed have that interface box but never noticed it before this thread. The blinking green LED was obscured by the wiring harness, and that placard with the error codes is facing forward in the propane locker in a space occupied by a tank, thus making it practically invisible. The picture below was taken only by blindly sticking my hand in the compartment and snapping a pic with the iPhone set to flash...

Even with the tank removed it would be difficult to see or even suspect it was there, never mind be relevant.

Gotta love this forum.

Thanks!
Angus
Attached Thumbnails
leveler.jpg  
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 07-06-2020, 04:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Son of a ....
I do indeed have that interface box but never noticed it before this thread. The blinking green LED was obscured by the wiring harness, and that placard with the error codes is facing forward in the propane locker in a space occupied by a tank, thus making it practically invisible. The picture below was taken only by blindly sticking my hand in the compartment and snapping a pic with the iPhone set to flash...

Even with the tank removed it would be difficult to see or even suspect it was there, never mind be relevant.
It’s nice they put good valuable info that could be helpful then located in a place where it becomes pretty much useless.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger431 View Post
I usually use the touch pad in the garage, and occasionally the app. It is working fine, and I figured it out, but it would have been easier to figure out what I did wrong if I could see the code.

I looked in the propane tank compartments, there is nothing there. The picture below shows the keypad. There are 2 additional boxes above, but you cannot see any screen that shows error codes like on the Lippert website.
Your control pad is located in a different area than mine. On my 355, it’s on the driver’s side storage/basement door. I use that, but if it gives an error, I have to check the touch screen inside or the app on my phone.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:58 AM   #14

What app on the phone are you using - the JAYCOMMAND app, or one from Lippert? I tried looking at the JAYCOMMAND app but didn’t see anything that oooked like an error code?
Old 07-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyfireguy View Post
You may have to reset the “null” on your rig. Take a bubble level and use it to level the rig front to back and side to side adjusting the jacks manually.

Then reset the “Null” by following the instructions on this video. Then you can just hit Autolevel moving forward.

http://youtu.be/EOwOyAKhX5U
We just set the "null" after a couple auto levels that raised whole trailer off the wheels! After reset, I see that the slides go out quietly, no creaking or laboring of the motors. Definitely do the reset of level, if auto level seems out of character, maybe at start of each season. Thanks for the reminder/suggestion.

2015 Sierra 2500 SLT Duramax CC, Nav, Onstar WIFI, 20K Reese Elite
fljl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #16

No prob!
Familyfireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #17

On my 2019, I know if the battery has died, or, in my case when I swapped out batteries, I had to go through the reset process to be able to level properly.
rickalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
I finally got the 5er from storage to get ready for our first week out. I took a picture of the little electronic box in the LH propane compartment with the little green blinking light. On the side is a chart depicting the "fault conditions. Not sure what the box is for, just assumed it was for the leveling system. BTW, it stays powered when the battery disconnect switch, which right next to it, is turned off.

Friends - that little black box mounted in the propane bay is the controller for the marker/turn signal lights. Jayco calls it JaySMART.

https://www.facebook.com/JaycoRVs/vi...4892506227970/

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zs387RDFS View Post
Friends - that little black box mounted in the propane bay is the controller for the marker/turn signal lights. Jayco calls it JaySMART.

https://www.facebook.com/JaycoRVs/vi...4892506227970/

That esplaines a lot; thank you!
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 07-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #20

I've got the 2020 355MBQS as well, I think the panel you're referring to is the same as the one with the control buttons. The LEDs will blink in a certain pattern to display the error code. There is a diagram attached to the trailer that tells you what error code is being flashed. My panel is on the outside of the driver's side hatch and the diagram is on the inside door of the driver's side propane storage.

I can also control the leveling system from the touch screen panel in the 5th wheel. Not sure if it shows errors on it though. I'll check when i get home.

P.S. Sorry for the kindergarten graphic, edited it on my phone
Attached Thumbnails
20200602_175645_HDR~2.jpg  
Cujonaut is offline   Reply With Quote