Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #1

Lippert OneControl in 377?

Some hazy info out there between MyRV and OneControl. I think the 377 has the OneControl?

Lippert mentions if your campground does not have wifi, there is a cellular option via SIM card? Anybody set that up?

Would be nice to have the coach waiting for us nice and cool after a long drive down to it on a Friday summer afternoon, or to be able to monitor it from home and control the heat at the end of the season should a sudden freeze happen (seasonal use).
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #2

My 2017 377 has the MyRV control panel. Would be cool if it could do some of what you mentioned that I assume is part of OneControl.

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #3

I don’t think we have OneControl, we have MyRV with the OneControl app. For instance, I’ve not seen anywhere on my system where I can setup the RV to connect to an external WiFi network, let alone the cellular network option.

Connected feature are pretty limited in our rigs. I can’t see where I would ever control leveling without being directly outside the unit so the only usable features would be lights and awning. I wouldn’t mind being able to pull the awning in remotely if I was away from the RV and strong winds started picking up but that’s really all I can think of given the connected systems on my ‘18 377.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andersen Ultimate 5ver Hitch
bzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:40 AM   #4

Jayco uses the Onecontrol. Myrv is a removable wall tablet system. Onecontrol is fixed a wall mounted touch screen. Both systems share some stuff, but Myrv is more advance.

Unless Jayco started using Myrv since march of this year.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:24 AM   #5

If I am reading this press release correctly, all of their "smart" products will now be under the OneControl brand:

https://www.lci1.com/archive/2017/08...t-rv-platform/

Further, the cellular option seems to have been released within the last month, so maybe this is a rolling upgrade on 2018s...

I've emailed Jayco direct for clarification through their website form, anybody know if I should expect a response using that method or if there is a better one?
Old 10-24-2017, 09:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
If I am reading this press release correctly, all of their "smart" products will now be under the OneControl brand:

https://www.lci1.com/archive/2017/08...t-rv-platform/

Further, the cellular option seems to have been released within the last month, so maybe this is a rolling upgrade on 2018s...

I've emailed Jayco direct for clarification through their website form, anybody know if I should expect a response using that method or if there is a better one?
Great, please share your findings if you don't mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Jayco uses the Onecontrol. Myrv is a removable wall tablet system. Onecontrol is fixed a wall mounted touch screen. Both systems share some stuff, but Myrv is more advance.

Unless Jayco started using Myrv since march of this year.

Earl
Under Lippert's webisite, they list MyRV as a legacy product under the OneControl link.

https://www.lci1.com/onecontrol

On my '18, I can use the OneControl app on my phone or tablet, but also have a little ~5" screen in the hallway that can also control leveling, slides, lighting, and awnings. I don't believe its removable, but I have not physically tried. It's flush with the wall and I didn't see a release catch anywhere.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #8

This is what I have on my '18.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/..._s_Manual_.pdf

No tablet, just the unit they call the "digital switch" and then my phone.

If Lippert's website is any indication, it appears they're going to add A LOT more functionality through OneControl where you can control and monitor almost everything such as black/grey tanks, HVAC, fans, etc. Now that would be useful!
Old 10-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeller View Post
Under Lippert's webisite, they list MyRV as a legacy product under the OneControl link.

https://www.lci1.com/onecontrol

On my '18, I can use the OneControl app on my phone or tablet, but also have a little ~5" screen in the hallway that can also control leveling, slides, lighting, and awnings. I don't believe its removable, but I have not physically tried. It's flush with the wall and I didn't see a release catch anywhere.
Yep, same as my built March 2017 Eagle. The Onecontrol. Myrv has a removable tablet. The Onecontrol does not. Myrv has more features.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #10

What I gather on our 2018-377 is its basically using your phone as a remote. Ours didn't even come with a system remote. Your phone connects to the system by WI-FI in the RV. The convenience to us is you normally have your phone with you. The remote would be stored somewhere inside and not with you. I use my phone most of the time to level and work the slides.

Reading up on the system if you turn the lights on from your phone you have to turn them off by your phone (aka remote). The wall or panel switches won't work if turned on by your phone. It doesn't necessary operate like a 3 way switch.

Personally I can see them doing away completely with tank levels and certain items on the manual switch panel in the future and going with the touch screen. Just my opinion and thought. Reduce cost and additional wiring.
T&M_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #11

Exactly, not trying to be argumentative, but OneControl and MyRV are essentially the same system from a user perspective. Jayco/Lippert are just getting away from supplying a separate tablet and and the cost of that tablet and instead you phone or personal tablet are now going to take its place. However, moving forward, It appears OneControl is going to be the system and will have way more features than the legacy MyRV system.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:52 PM   #12

Update... of sorts:

Specifically asking about the OneControl ConnectAnywhere, the version referred to in that press release, Jayco customer service finally confirmed that they have no current or immediate future plans to switch to that version.

I then asked Lippert customer service if there would be an upgrade path for past version users of OneControl to the ConnectAnywhere version, and they admitted to me that despite the press release from August of this year, ConnectAnywhere is not yet officially released, and they could not tell me when it would be...

At least I know I am safe to proceed with my 377 order, in regards to not "missing out" on having this feature installed if I waited a month or two...
Old 11-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Update... of sorts:

Specifically asking about the OneControl ConnectAnywhere, the version referred to in that press release, Jayco customer service finally confirmed that they have no current or immediate future plans to switch to that version.

I then asked Lippert customer service if there would be an upgrade path for past version users of OneControl to the ConnectAnywhere version, and they admitted to me that despite the press release from August of this year, ConnectAnywhere is not yet officially released, and they could not tell me when it would be...

At least I know I am safe to proceed with my 377 order, in regards to not "missing out" on having this feature installed if I waited a month or two...

I can see why Lippert has no plans forward with this. You can actually program the
Multifunction board through this interface. You can really hose it up if you don’t know what you’re doing (and I don’t). My dealer chose not to fully program and implement all the circuits available in the board. When I spoke to Lippert about it, their technical support didn’t even have the 2018 manuals themselves. I wish they’d have implemented the WiFi where I could see all the manuals and videos though.

gspage53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #14

I would be happy if Lippert fixed their Android App. When I installed Android 7/Nougat the One Control App started acting up, would connect then disconnect from the WiFi, and the shortcut disappears from the launcher/Home Screen every time you reboot the phone. I can make it work by manually connecting the the One Control/My RV WiFi Gateway then launch the App. Once I am done I must close the app then manually disconnect from the Gateway. Lippert is aware of it and working on a fix. (Now if they get it fixed let's hope Android 8/Oreo that is rolling out doesn't break it)