Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2019, 09:19 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bullhead City
Posts: 27
Iím not able to find the location of the router. I have a 29.5 BHOK
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:07 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bullhead City
Posts: 27
My router has lost power, but fuses look good.
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:54 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
rkymntsno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Schertz
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
I only use the One Control App on my phone. the only time I would use any button outside or inside the camper is to roll in the awning before going to bed. Great for hooking up to the 5th wheel from inside the truck while hitching up, extending, retracting, auto-leveling, etc.. I don't use it often for any slides, because the wife is inside running that show.

I also use it by the fire to turn on and off the awning light.

Just be sure to turn off the wifi when not using it for the camper for emails, internet connection, etc...
Just be sure to turn off the wifi when not using it for the camper for emails, internet connection, etc I forget to turn off the RV wifi almost every time I have used this thing! When we hop in the truck and leave for somewhere, I get all these notifications on my phone of emails, texts, etc. WTH? Duh. Forgot to turn the wifi off the RV, lol. We also like to use the app when it's pouring rain and we have to get in the truck, I roll out the awning to stay dry, then once we're in, I can pull it back in with the app. Pretty handy.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 CC Longhorn LB SRW w/timbrens
2019 Jayco Eagle 355MBQS
Pullrite 2600 Superlite
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:45 AM   #24
Member
 
icr21801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Salisbury
Posts: 98
I love it. I don’t rely on it solely, the main control panel is still my go to but I do like being able to deploy the slides from outside (after checking inside that nothing shifted during travel that would be an issue) if I’m in a wooded site...state parks around my area for example. It’s a useful gimmick but at the end of the day it doesn’t do anything you can’t do from the panel and it’s potentially another point of failure. But...I do love gadgets LOL.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #25
Member
 
icr21801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Salisbury
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpj6279 View Post
Iím not able to find the location of the router. I have a 29.5 BHOK
Itís usually behind your manual control panel or in a cabinet close to it. Usually concealed but will have a sticker on it with the password.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #26
Member
 
icr21801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Salisbury
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlkn View Post
I liked the thought of it at first. However to use the app you have to log out of your current wifi (I have a permanent mounted MIfi) and log into the RV wifi. I found the range horrible and the app slow to connect. You have to be standing within 10-15 outside the RV to access it and even then it has issues staying connected. I find that when using it outside to open and close slides it quits halfway through. I also found that the RV wifi transmits on channel 8 on the 2.4 Ghz frequency which competed with my Mifi. I think, but could be wrong, that if I had a router and not a jetpack I could tie the two together and maybe get the app to work from my actual Wifi keeping everything on 1 wifi.
You may have figured this out already but if you connect to the RV WiFi using a laptop and log into the router, you can configure the RV WiFi just like any other network gateway. You can change the WiFi to bridge mode to connect to your hotspot and configure it manually, or set it to Wireless ISP where it can be configured to connect to a JetPak/Mifi or cellphone hotspot. Change the name of your RV Wi-Fi Network to match your personal hotspot and youíll have a single network with access to both RV OneControl functions and the internet without switching back and forth between WiFi signals. You can also manually set the WiFi channels so that your gateway and your MiFi arenít stomping all over each other. Iíd also recommend changing the default password on your RVís router although your first WiFi password has to be compromised before the router can be accessed so that step is optional.

Of course...try this at your own risk and make a note of or back up all your original settings before making any changes. I have an IT background so it was pretty basic stuff but I wouldnít recommend doing this unless your comfortable doing so.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #27
Member
 
icr21801's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Salisbury
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlkn View Post
Anyone know what the user name and password in to access the 192.168.1.2 admin page of the LCI router by chance?
Mine was admin/admin
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Just be sure to turn off the wifi when not using it for the camper for emails, internet connection, etc I forget to turn off the RV wifi almost every time I have used this thing! When we hop in the truck and leave for somewhere, I get all these notifications on my phone of emails, texts, etc. WTH? Duh. Forgot to turn the wifi off the RV, lol. We also like to use the app when it's pouring rain and we have to get in the truck, I roll out the awning to stay dry, then once we're in, I can pull it back in with the app. Pretty handy.

Okay you got me on this one, so how do you turn it off?
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
rkymntsno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Schertz
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Okay you got me on this one, so how do you turn it off?
Just turn off your phone's wifi or disconnect your phone's wifi from your rv wifi. In my case, if I stay connected with the RV, I'm technically not connected with my cell phone service and don't get emails/texts, etc.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 CC Longhorn LB SRW w/timbrens
2019 Jayco Eagle 355MBQS
Pullrite 2600 Superlite
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bullhead City
Posts: 27
No power to router

2017 29.5 BHOK Found router behind access panel in kitchen. No power at wire, does anybody know were white with orange stripe terminates.
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:01 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lakewood, WA.
Posts: 3,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Just turn off your phone's wifi or disconnect your phone's wifi from your rv wifi. In my case, if I stay connected with the RV, I'm technically not connected with my cell phone service and don't get emails/texts, etc.

Okay thank you.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 5th Wheel
Retired Army MSG
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:53 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 340
This is a very interesting conversation. I have played with the rv WIFI, and it's fun to operate the lights slides, etc with my phone. But having that wifi, mifi, potentially truck wifi (although at first glance, the Ford hotspot looks really expensive), gets a little too tedious. I will need to find a way to have one wifi network for everything. We just signed up for Verizon unlimited Jetpack. So that might be our main network- But- what happens when we don't have a good cell signal and need to use park wifi? Well I guess I'll slowly learn all this, as we start on our first real rv trip in 2 days. But thanks everyone for putting ideas out there.
__________________
[/SIGPIC]Ford F250, Crew, 6.2 Gas, 4X4, Short Bed, Companion Hitch
2019 Jayco 28.5 RSTS, MorRyde orbital
Cincinnati Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:43 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Moon River RV Resort, Mohave Valley, AZ
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
This is a very interesting conversation. I have played with the rv WIFI, and it's fun to operate the lights slides, etc with my phone. But having that wifi, mifi, potentially truck wifi (although at first glance, the Ford hotspot looks really expensive), gets a little too tedious. I will need to find a way to have one wifi network for everything. We just signed up for Verizon unlimited Jetpack. So that might be our main network- But- what happens when we don't have a good cell signal and need to use park wifi? Well I guess I'll slowly learn all this, as we start on our first real rv trip in 2 days. But thanks everyone for putting ideas out there.
I also have the Verizon unlimited Jetpack. Been using it for a month and even with weak signal, 1 bar, I pleased with the internet performance. Now located in an area where I'm getting 5 bars and the internet is super fast. Got a deal through FMCA & Verizon for only $49.95 per month for unlimited data and their latest version of their Jetpack was free.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Joan617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Las Cruces (soon...)
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I also have the Verizon unlimited Jetpack. Been using it for a month and even with weak signal, 1 bar, I pleased with the internet performance. Now located in an area where I'm getting 5 bars and the internet is super fast. Got a deal through FMCA & Verizon for only $49.95 per month for unlimited data and their latest version of their Jetpack was free.

That's a great deal Al; better than ours on the JetPack but ours is still worth it. We actually have really good WiFi at the Inland Harbor RV park in Darien, GA - much faster than Verizon, ironically. But when we sign on to the bank or other private transaction we go with the Jetpack.


-Angus
__________________
Joan & Angus Campbell
Building in Las Cruces, NM
2019 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Hinesville
Posts: 0
Iíve been trying to do exactly this because we want our Jayco controls on our regular home network instead of having to switch WiFi to put the awning in, etc. Every time I have tried to change the ďMyRV_00***Ē SSID, and completely reinstall the onecontrol app, it will not find the RV. Iím somewhat familiar with creating a bridge To our home router once we get the app working, but do you have any clue why it wonít work when Iím simply modifying the network name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icr21801 View Post
You may have figured this out already but if you connect to the RV WiFi using a laptop and log into the router, you can configure the RV WiFi just like any other network gateway. You can change the WiFi to bridge mode to connect to your hotspot and configure it manually, or set it to Wireless ISP where it can be configured to connect to a JetPak/Mifi or cellphone hotspot. Change the name of your RV Wi-Fi Network to match your personal hotspot and youíll have a single network with access to both RV OneControl functions and the internet without switching back and forth between WiFi signals. You can also manually set the WiFi channels so that your gateway and your MiFi arenít stomping all over each other. Iíd also recommend changing the default password on your RVís router although your first WiFi password has to be compromised before the router can be accessed so that step is optional.

Of course...try this at your own risk and make a note of or back up all your original settings before making any changes. I have an IT background so it was pretty basic stuff but I wouldnít recommend doing this unless your comfortable doing so.
Amd1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bullhead City
Posts: 27
Do you know pw and username of the 192.168.1.2
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bullhead City
Posts: 27
Found it: admin/admin
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:58 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Wellington
Posts: 197
I do use the One Control to run the front jacks when unhooking. I watch for a slight gap between pin box and fifth wheel and know Iím at right height for re-hook. Also have used it to run out slide if very near a tree or other obstruction.
Bill
__________________
2018 Eagle 321RSTS-sold
2021 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2020 F350 CC LB DW 6.7
1973 IH 1210 CC
1975 IH Travelall
1979 IH Scout II
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 1
Anyone find another login for the 192.168.1.2 page? admin/admin doesnít work for me!
Sanders965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:50 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Just south of Sarnia
Posts: 604
Try these:
Admin, admin
Admin, password
admin, admin
admin, password
admin, do not enter a password

First thing I did was change the password to something I would remember.


RoadrunnerII
__________________
RoadrunnerII
Livin the dream... Retired!

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.