Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2019, 09:19 PM   #21

I’m not able to find the location of the router. I have a 29.5 BHOK
jnpj6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:07 PM   #22

My router has lost power, but fuses look good.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by citgodan View Post
I only use the One Control App on my phone. the only time I would use any button outside or inside the camper is to roll in the awning before going to bed. Great for hooking up to the 5th wheel from inside the truck while hitching up, extending, retracting, auto-leveling, etc.. I don't use it often for any slides, because the wife is inside running that show.

I also use it by the fire to turn on and off the awning light.

Just be sure to turn off the wifi when not using it for the camper for emails, internet connection, etc...
Just be sure to turn off the wifi when not using it for the camper for emails, internet connection, etc I forget to turn off the RV wifi almost every time I have used this thing! When we hop in the truck and leave for somewhere, I get all these notifications on my phone of emails, texts, etc. WTH? Duh. Forgot to turn the wifi off the RV, lol. We also like to use the app when it's pouring rain and we have to get in the truck, I roll out the awning to stay dry, then once we're in, I can pull it back in with the app. Pretty handy.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:45 AM   #24

I love it. I don’t rely on it solely, the main control panel is still my go to but I do like being able to deploy the slides from outside (after checking inside that nothing shifted during travel that would be an issue) if I’m in a wooded site...state parks around my area for example. It’s a useful gimmick but at the end of the day it doesn’t do anything you can’t do from the panel and it’s potentially another point of failure. But...I do love gadgets LOL.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpj6279 View Post
I’m not able to find the location of the router. I have a 29.5 BHOK
It’s usually behind your manual control panel or in a cabinet close to it. Usually concealed but will have a sticker on it with the password.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlkn View Post
I liked the thought of it at first. However to use the app you have to log out of your current wifi (I have a permanent mounted MIfi) and log into the RV wifi. I found the range horrible and the app slow to connect. You have to be standing within 10-15 outside the RV to access it and even then it has issues staying connected. I find that when using it outside to open and close slides it quits halfway through. I also found that the RV wifi transmits on channel 8 on the 2.4 Ghz frequency which competed with my Mifi. I think, but could be wrong, that if I had a router and not a jetpack I could tie the two together and maybe get the app to work from my actual Wifi keeping everything on 1 wifi.
You may have figured this out already but if you connect to the RV WiFi using a laptop and log into the router, you can configure the RV WiFi just like any other network gateway. You can change the WiFi to bridge mode to connect to your hotspot and configure it manually, or set it to Wireless ISP where it can be configured to connect to a JetPak/Mifi or cellphone hotspot. Change the name of your RV Wi-Fi Network to match your personal hotspot and you’ll have a single network with access to both RV OneControl functions and the internet without switching back and forth between WiFi signals. You can also manually set the WiFi channels so that your gateway and your MiFi aren’t stomping all over each other. I’d also recommend changing the default password on your RV’s router although your first WiFi password has to be compromised before the router can be accessed so that step is optional.

Of course...try this at your own risk and make a note of or back up all your original settings before making any changes. I have an IT background so it was pretty basic stuff but I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless your comfortable doing so.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justlkn View Post
Anyone know what the user name and password in to access the 192.168.1.2 admin page of the LCI router by chance?
Mine was admin/admin
Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Just be sure to turn off the wifi when not using it for the camper for emails, internet connection, etc I forget to turn off the RV wifi almost every time I have used this thing! When we hop in the truck and leave for somewhere, I get all these notifications on my phone of emails, texts, etc. WTH? Duh. Forgot to turn the wifi off the RV, lol. We also like to use the app when it's pouring rain and we have to get in the truck, I roll out the awning to stay dry, then once we're in, I can pull it back in with the app. Pretty handy.

Okay you got me on this one, so how do you turn it off?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Okay you got me on this one, so how do you turn it off?
Just turn off your phone's wifi or disconnect your phone's wifi from your rv wifi. In my case, if I stay connected with the RV, I'm technically not connected with my cell phone service and don't get emails/texts, etc.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #30

No power to router

2017 29.5 BHOK Found router behind access panel in kitchen. No power at wire, does anybody know were white with orange stripe terminates.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:01 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Just turn off your phone's wifi or disconnect your phone's wifi from your rv wifi. In my case, if I stay connected with the RV, I'm technically not connected with my cell phone service and don't get emails/texts, etc.

Okay thank you.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:53 AM   #32

This is a very interesting conversation. I have played with the rv WIFI, and it's fun to operate the lights slides, etc with my phone. But having that wifi, mifi, potentially truck wifi (although at first glance, the Ford hotspot looks really expensive), gets a little too tedious. I will need to find a way to have one wifi network for everything. We just signed up for Verizon unlimited Jetpack. So that might be our main network- But- what happens when we don't have a good cell signal and need to use park wifi? Well I guess I'll slowly learn all this, as we start on our first real rv trip in 2 days. But thanks everyone for putting ideas out there.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Kid View Post
This is a very interesting conversation. I have played with the rv WIFI, and it's fun to operate the lights slides, etc with my phone. But having that wifi, mifi, potentially truck wifi (although at first glance, the Ford hotspot looks really expensive), gets a little too tedious. I will need to find a way to have one wifi network for everything. We just signed up for Verizon unlimited Jetpack. So that might be our main network- But- what happens when we don't have a good cell signal and need to use park wifi? Well I guess I'll slowly learn all this, as we start on our first real rv trip in 2 days. But thanks everyone for putting ideas out there.
I also have the Verizon unlimited Jetpack. Been using it for a month and even with weak signal, 1 bar, I pleased with the internet performance. Now located in an area where I'm getting 5 bars and the internet is super fast. Got a deal through FMCA & Verizon for only $49.95 per month for unlimited data and their latest version of their Jetpack was free.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I also have the Verizon unlimited Jetpack. Been using it for a month and even with weak signal, 1 bar, I pleased with the internet performance. Now located in an area where I'm getting 5 bars and the internet is super fast. Got a deal through FMCA & Verizon for only $49.95 per month for unlimited data and their latest version of their Jetpack was free.

That's a great deal Al; better than ours on the JetPack but ours is still worth it. We actually have really good WiFi at the Inland Harbor RV park in Darien, GA - much faster than Verizon, ironically. But when we sign on to the bank or other private transaction we go with the Jetpack.

-Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #35

I’ve been trying to do exactly this because we want our Jayco controls on our regular home network instead of having to switch WiFi to put the awning in, etc. Every time I have tried to change the “MyRV_00***” SSID, and completely reinstall the onecontrol app, it will not find the RV. I’m somewhat familiar with creating a bridge To our home router once we get the app working, but do you have any clue why it won’t work when I’m simply modifying the network name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icr21801 View Post
You may have figured this out already but if you connect to the RV WiFi using a laptop and log into the router, you can configure the RV WiFi just like any other network gateway. You can change the WiFi to bridge mode to connect to your hotspot and configure it manually, or set it to Wireless ISP where it can be configured to connect to a JetPak/Mifi or cellphone hotspot. Change the name of your RV Wi-Fi Network to match your personal hotspot and you’ll have a single network with access to both RV OneControl functions and the internet without switching back and forth between WiFi signals. You can also manually set the WiFi channels so that your gateway and your MiFi aren’t stomping all over each other. I’d also recommend changing the default password on your RV’s router although your first WiFi password has to be compromised before the router can be accessed so that step is optional.

Of course...try this at your own risk and make a note of or back up all your original settings before making any changes. I have an IT background so it was pretty basic stuff but I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless your comfortable doing so.
Amd1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #36

Do you know pw and username of the 192.168.1.2
Old 09-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #37

Found it: admin/admin
Old 09-11-2020, 04:58 AM   #38

I do use the One Control to run the front jacks when unhooking. I watch for a slight gap between pin box and fifth wheel and know I’m at right height for re-hook. Also have used it to run out slide if very near a tree or other obstruction.
Bill
1973 IH 1210 CC
1975 IH Travelall
1979 IH Scout II
[SIGPIC]
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #39

Anyone find another login for the 192.168.1.2 page? admin/admin doesn’t work for me!
Sanders965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:50 AM   #40

Try these:
Admin, admin
Admin, password
admin, admin
admin, password
admin, do not enter a password

First thing I did was change the password to something I would remember.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote