Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2018, 06:11 AM   #21

We have a 2018 30.5MBOK Eagle ht that is 4 weeks old and we had the same issue with the living room lights. Every time the furnace igniter comes on the lights block on. We are on a 2 week trip when I get home I will check for surges on the power input to the lights. Our microwave also died so I was thinking that a power surge from the igniter on the furnace took it out.
FordandJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:44 PM   #22

Same issue with our 2018 Eagle HT 28.5RSTS - lights flicker when furnace and hot water heater come on. Is there a fix? This will become very annoying on our colder Minnesota nights!
18EHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #23

Hmm, I might be inclined to experiment with ferrite chokes in the light wiring.
I

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #24

Ours does the same thing when the furnace kicks on the lights flash. I was told by the service dept at our dealer that I need a noise filter on the line to the dimmer switch. The dealer had to order the filter and we were leaving so I never had it done and not sure it will work but they sounded like they knew what they were talking about. When we get near a dealer and plan on being in the area awhile I will have it done and see if it does the trick.
Lazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:42 AM   #25

Lights Flicker when furnace/water heater come on

We have a 2018 Fifth Wheel Eagle 29.5 BHDS and are having the same problem: When the furnace or hot water heater come on the living room lights flicker. They are on a dimmer switch. I have been reading many posts on this situation. Has anybody found a solutions. Ours occurs when unit is plugged in or when we are dry camping on battery only. I'd appreciate anyone's help/ideas. Our local dealer is not very helpful.
slparker40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #26

Ours does not do this, but, we don't have a dimmer switch. Maybe the dimmer is the problem? Don't know what kind of dimmer is used with LED lights these days so not sure if a high start load will affect them or not.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:15 AM   #27

It is the LED lights. It has been explained to me as they take so little energy to run, the slightest bit of power will cause this. So the furnace kicking on or ac is just enough to boost them I guess. Anyway this is what we have been told by multiple sources and seems we all have the same issue so there must be something to it.
Shirlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #28

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
A very interesting topic. We have a 2017 North Point 377RBH, first generation (delivered 5-27-16). No dimmers anywhere, all LED lights throughout and don’t have any hint of flickering, blinking or flashing when the a/c or heater kicks on or off. However, I kind of remember another 377 owner to complain of his living room lights blinked when something turned on...maybe it was the Fantastic fan or his a/c?

It suspect not to be the LEDs. But, are all LEDs created equal? I suspect it’s due in the dimmer itself or the kind of dimmer.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:23 AM   #29

Some one mentioned the wire from the T Stat being real close to the wire for the switch for the lights.Don't quote me some how when the furnace ignite enough power bleeds off to cause the lights to flicker. That member rerouted the T Stat line and solved the problem! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
xxxcamper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:17 AM   #30

Well yesterday I went over to where we Park our 28.5 in our Campground. It was plugged into the 30 amp pedestal with nothing on in the trailer per say, just to keep the battery topped off. I was cleaning the lot and driveway when the neighbor came over from across the street and told me I had lights on inside (we didnt leave any on) and that they were flashing all night long.

So I look and the fancy LED lights over the dinette on that slide-out were going from off to full bright and then back to off in a slow rhythmic pulse.

So I turned the 30 amp power off at the pedestal but they still kept pulsing. Then I turned the main trailer power switch off and they went out. I then remember reading something here about flashing lights so I re read this thread.

I reset the power but it kept doing the slow pulse. So I left everything off and went away for a while to read about the problem. When I came back a hour later and restored power the pulsing was gone.

Dont really know what to think of it other than that particular switch/light combo is the only dimming switch in the trailer. I didnt know it was a dimmer until I read though this thread. If this problem keeps coming back I will most likely either get a noise filter or a plain ole on off switch and get rid of the dimmer.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBcampin View Post
The thought did cross my mind about the dimmer. I am going to give the dealership a call next week.
Hi. I have the same fifthwheel and the same problem. I went to my dealer yesterday and they didn't find the cause of the flashing lights.
Did you get any information on your side from your dealer about that issue?
vincengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #32

I have the same rig - 2018 28.5 RSTS but haven't noticed that (yet). My guess is the heater runs off LPG but uses electric for the starter and fan/blower motor. The LED lights probably run off the same circuit the heater does, so the initial draw in power makes the lights dim for a bit - OR - the dimmer switch doesn't like the power drop (like a brown out)? I don't see it being a problem.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincengu View Post
Hi. I have the same fifthwheel and the same problem. I went to my dealer yesterday and they didn't find the cause of the flashing lights.
Did you get any information on your side from your dealer about that issue?
I emailed Jayco. They said the dealership needed to install a filter on the dimmer switch. Called it an easy fix. I haven’t had a chance to get the unit into the dealership yet.
slparker40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #34

My dealer said the water heater ignitor was bad. They replaced it and the lights do not blink when I turn the water heater on. Its to hot in AZ right now to turn on the furnace so not sure if they still blink with that or not.
Trailgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:12 PM   #35

Flickering Lights

My 2018 Eagle HT had the same issue. The furnace has a voltage leak when it ignites. Only occurs with the touch switch circuits. Jayco knows about the problem. Went back and forth with them. Finally sent me an inline filters for the touch dimmer switches. Easy to install. Took care of problem about 98% of the time. The only 100% fix is to install a regular flip switch which will totally isolates the touch dimmers when not using them or replace the touch dimmers with the flip switch. Jayco provided me with two switches and finally admitted that was the only fix 100% fix
wef3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #36

Been reading about that problem for over a year!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #37

If the LED lights are controlled by a dimmer switch I have to imagine that some type of voltage spike occurs when the heater motor is activated that allows current to flow through the switch momentarily. The "dimmer" is usually a variable resistor. Under normal circumstances when the resistance reaches a certain level as you turn or slide the switch current flow to the LEDs drops to the point where they don't light. A voltage spike in the same circuit may be driving enough current through that variable resistor to cause the LEDs to light momentarily.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #38

2edgeword you hit the nail on the head. After working with Jayco electrical engineer and insisting there was a problem, he made me an inline filterwhich connected to back of dimmer switch anx that took care of the problem. Thanks for the imput.
wef3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:42 PM   #39

I have a 2018 HT 29.5 FBDS. I have the same problem. The heat comes on with the fan running through the purge cycle, a the moment the ignition fires the six lights in the living area that are on a touch dimmer flash. What is odd there are three lights on the a dimmer in the dinette slide and they don't flicker "ever" so not sure why one set of lights flicker and the other doesn't. I'm setting an appointment for warranty work this fall. Maybe they will figure it out.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:51 PM   #40

Wow!!, I thought I was losing my mind or just seeing things go flash! I'm contacting my dealer AND Jayco. If this many people have this issue then why haven't they put out a service bulletin on it??
chip52 is offline   Reply With Quote