Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #1

Living room lights flash on when furnace starts

We just brought our brand new 2018 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS home on 11-11-2017 and decided to sleep in our new unit. The weather is cold here in Allentown PA and the heat works fine. When we went to bed and the lights were out, we noticed that the living room LED lights flashed every time the gas valve to the furnace is energized. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am not seeing that it is happening in the daylight. I have also noticed that the dimmer switch for that particular set of lights works better as an off/on switch. At first I thought maybe an open neutral back feeding through the living room light circuit but when the flashing ended when daylight arrived, so went my theory. Anyone have any thoughts?
DaveBcampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #2

Sounds like your new camper is haunted. Might be a bad dimme. There are some really cool electrical things that can make leds light up without power connected to them, but the theories would bore you to sleep.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #3

The thought did cross my mind about the dimmer. I am going to give the dealership a call next week.
DaveBcampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #4

We just bought a 2018 Eagle 321RSTS fifth wheel back on the same day as you and our lights are haunted as well.
We have 6 led lights controlled by one dimmer switch and whenever the furnace fan kicks on, three of the 6 lights flash when in the off position.
No idea yet..
Cricket59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:55 AM   #5

Must be something with the 2018 models, I have a 27.5 RLTS and my living room lights blink anytime the furnace or gas water heater comes on, day or night. The dealer had never heard of that happening and was going to call Jayco. Haven't heard back from them to find out what the problem is.
Trailgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #6

What dealer we live in Phoenix to. We are in month 27 trying to finish up warranty. Been like pulling teeth to get anything done!Cannot cut them any slack.Might want to follow up with Jayco on blinking lights.Our 16 Eagle321 RSTS does not have that problem yet! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus 011.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #7

I have a 2018 29.5BHOK and I noticed the lights seemed to flash at random times at night when I was sleeping. I did have the heat on and it could have been the heater kicking on causing it. It was the middle of the night so I didn't do any investigating. It was the ceiling lights in the main kitchen living room area that can be dimmed. When I can I will have to see if it is indeed the heater kicking on that is causing it.
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
What dealer we live in Phoenix to. We are in month 27 trying to finish up warranty. Been like pulling teeth to get anything done!Cannot cut them any slack.Might want to follow up with Jayco on blinking lights.Our 16 Eagle321 RSTS does not have that problem yet! Thanks
Little Dealer in North Phx. Still working on a whole list of warranty issues but I only purchased in Sept.
Trailgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailgypsy View Post
Little Dealer in North Phx. Still working on a whole list of warranty issues but I only purchased in Sept.
\
Oh no me too we found out Little Dealer some times turns in only the warranty stuff they can make the most money on. Then tell you other warranty was denied by Jayco.We always follow up we Jayco to make sure everything was turned in. Waiting on new warranty list turned in 12-13-17. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Camper.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #10

For anyone close, we've gotten GREAT service, both warranty and non-warranty, from

AFFINITY RV in Prescott Valley, AZ. I recommend them. Check them out.

(We haven't had work done at their Prescott location so not sure about there.)
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
For anyone close, we've gotten GREAT service, both warranty and non-warranty, from

AFFINITY RV in Prescott Valley, AZ. I recommend them. Check them out.

(We haven't had work done at their Prescott location so not sure about there.)

They’re excellent and very thorough !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #12

This past weekend was our first in our 2018 28.5RSTS. We found that the lights controlled by a dimer switch would blink when we used the water pump. Didn't notice it with the heater though.
chuck5395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck5395 View Post
This past weekend was our first in our 2018 28.5RSTS. We found that the lights controlled by a dimer switch would blink when we used the water pump. Didn't notice it with the heater though.
Does your 2018 have a factory dimmer, or did you install one. If you made an installation, what did you use? I have a 2017 I would like to install a dimmer on.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
Does your 2018 have a factory dimmer, or did you install one. If you made an installation, what did you use? I have a 2017 I would like to install a dimmer on.
Yes the 2018's come with a touch dimmer switch. Looks just like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072349JZN...GM21IXY7&psc=1
Old 01-16-2018, 09:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasguy View Post
Yes the 2018's come with a touch dimmer switch. Looks just like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072349JZN...GM21IXY7&psc=1

How many of these dimmers are installed in your coach? Are there more than one.... if so, what lights does each control? Do these take the place of regular light switches? I want to be able to control the main cabin LEDs that are in the kitchen/dining area. There are around 6 to 8 ceiling lights on the circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck5395 View Post
Our Greyhawk does the same thing. The coach has a mix of incandescent and LEDs. The incandescents will dim/blink/flash slightly when the pump runs.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprapim View Post
How many of these dimmers are installed in your coach? Are there more than one.... if so, what lights does each control? Do these take the place of regular light switches? I want to be able to control the main cabin LEDs that are in the kitchen/dining area. There are around 6 to 8 ceiling lights on the circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have two dimmers for sure. One is right by the door when you walk in that controls the ceiling in the main kitchen/living room area. The second one is on the slide and will dim the light above the dinette area. I may or may not have a third one. I am about 75 percent sure I don't have a third dimmer above where the sofa is. I can't verify if the 3rd dimmer exists for about 6 weeks, so maybe someone else can confirm that.

I don't know if the dimmer switch is the only thing needed to dim the lights or if there is some kind of controller hidden somewhere that works with the switch. I might buy one of the dimmer switches later to try to swap out the bunkhouse standard switch and see how that works.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasguy View Post
I have two dimmers for sure. One is right by the door when you walk in that controls the ceiling in the main kitchen/living room area. The second one is on the slide and will dim the light above the dinette area. I may or may not have a third one. I am about 75 percent sure I don't have a third dimmer above where the sofa is. I can't verify if the 3rd dimmer exists for about 6 weeks, so maybe someone else can confirm that.

I don't know if the dimmer switch is the only thing needed to dim the lights or if there is some kind of controller hidden somewhere that works with the switch. I might buy one of the dimmer switches later to try to swap out the bunkhouse standard switch and see how that works.

Thank you very much for your answers to my questions - much appreciated !! I am going to purchase one of the dimmers and make it work for my coach. By the way, do you live in Vegas, or just use the name? I live in Kingman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #19

Glad to help, and yes I do live in Las Vegas.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBcampin View Post
We just brought our brand new 2018 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS home on 11-11-2017 and decided to sleep in our new unit. The weather is cold here in Allentown PA and the heat works fine. When we went to bed and the lights were out, we noticed that the living room LED lights flashed every time the gas valve to the furnace is energized. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am not seeing that it is happening in the daylight. I have also noticed that the dimmer switch for that particular set of lights works better as an off/on switch. At first I thought maybe an open neutral back feeding through the living room light circuit but when the flashing ended when daylight arrived, so went my theory. Anyone have any thoughts?
Hello i just brought home my 2018 Jayco 28.5RSTS and i’m having the same issue on day 3. Did you ever solve your problem?
Badge366 is offline   Reply With Quote