Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2024, 11:59 AM   #1

Locating the wires from the prewired solar roof

I am installing a roof mounted solar panel and there is a prewired GoPower wiring block mounted on the roof. I have not been able to locate the other end of the wires any place within the trailer or in the battery location. There is a portable solar GoPower plug mounted outside under the 5th wheel overhang near the battery location and it is hot with 13v from the batteries. The manual claims there will be 2 wires capped near the battery. Can't find them and there are no stickers indicating where the wires are. Help!
jaycobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 10:44 PM   #2

Someone may be able to help if we know your year and model. I have a 2018 eagle ht 29.5bhds. The wiring from the roof port was in the wall to the left of the bathroom door. If I recall correctly the other ends were at the disconnect switch and the battery.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:19 AM   #3

You don't say what you have so this may not help. On my Pinnacle the battery compartment is on the driver's side in the storage bay under the overhang, probably where most models are. There is a shelf above the batteries and on the right side of it is a vertical carpeted panel held in place by 2 screws. It covers up a bunch of wires coming from the pin box and battery. I found an 8 gauge red wire that was marked solar. If I remember right it was just loose. Anyway there is a small tag that identifies the wiring that was kind of hidden. I was able to peel it off so I could see and it helped a bunch. I was looking for the charge wire from the pin box when I found it.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:29 AM   #4

Thanks for your responses. I have a 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5, I will try to post some pictures with this response. I am down now to trying to determine if any of the wires I have uncovered are going between the roof mounted solar plug and the battery area.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer Wiring.jpg   Trailer wiring1.jpg  
Old 05-15-2024, 12:57 PM   #5

It appears it is the big red and black in the second picture. In the first it appears it is the red to the battery disconnect. If you click on my profile name and then the albums I have created in the eagle ht mod folder i have pictures of mine. It also shows the original sticker for the controller location.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:47 PM   #6

Thanks

Shokyle1 and F350Guy, thanks for your help. Once I confirm he wires I will post the final solution. You guys are great!
Bill
Old 05-19-2024, 12:12 PM   #7

Solar Wiring Search

I was finally able to locate one of the "pre-wired" solar wires (RED) which was located behind the fuse panel in the stairwell of my Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 5th wheel. It was barely long enough to splice on a line that I routed into the basement storage nearer the battery bank to install the controller. I never did find the other lead (Black), so I ended up running a new line from the Solar panel through bathroom vent. All is good now. Thanks for all your suggestions.