Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2021, 11:52 AM   #1

location of major componets

newbie here, just inherited a 2005 Jayco Talon Zx that has been in storage for several years. I am going through the unit one system at a time - now working on the potable water system. I have already found the inlet, pressure pump, hot water heater but cannot locate the incoming tank. Is there one and can it be visually inspected? I suspect I will have to remove a very large plastic cover bolted to the underneath vehicle chassis that covers the frame from the wheels to the nose to expose any tankage. TIA
rinkeswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #2

Yes there is going to be a fresh water tank that you can fill and used disconnected from city water connection. And yes you will need to remove the large plastic cover underneath go get go it. However, not really sure why you would need to. If you fill it and it holds water (doesn't leak) all you should need to do is sanitize it. If/when connected to city water source (faucet) water does not need to be into the fresh water tank. It will bypass tank and flow straight to faucets and hot water heater. Hope that helps.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
Yes there is going to be a fresh water tank that you can fill and used disconnected from city water connection. And yes you will need to remove the large plastic cover underneath go get go it. However, not really sure why you would need to. If you fill it and it holds water (doesn't leak) all you should need to do is sanitize it. If/when connected to city water source (faucet) water does not need to be into the fresh water tank. It will bypass tank and flow straight to faucets and hot water heater. Hope that helps.
X2, you might have 2 FW tanks. Google "2005 Jayco Talon" and model number. This will give you the basic published info. FYI, sometimes Jayco does make a change during construction.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:57 PM   #4

Thanks so much for the info. I'm now troubleshooting the electrical system - so far so good. Jayco sent me a serviceable schematic of the DC and AC circuits but they don't have the generator or battery compartment wiring. There are at least 5 wires (one orange 14ga and two 10 ga black and red, and two paired wires red/wh stripe and black/wh stripe) that originate at +batt terminal) They join the main bundle but turn left under the subfloor at the PD panel and disappear into the plastic under chassis cover LOL. Looks like I'll have to remove that dratted cover one way or the other.
rinkeswa is offline   Reply With Quote