Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #41
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton4971 View Post
Same here run air bags with wireless compressor installed myself it was really a easy install . Put them on a DRW F-350 long box . I ran the intake for the compressor in behind the rear seat that way it doesn't pull moisture into the valve and bags
That's a great idea. Mind if I ask where you mounted the compressor?
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #42

Mounted the compressor on the driver side frame . Middle of truck closer to the wireless control. Think it was 10-24 screws and close to it was the manifold
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #43

Air bags with the on board compressor and gauge is definitely the way to go. Have that in my 250 and handles my pinnacle very well, have no intentions on getting into a 350 next time around. Truck does not sway in the high winds, have any problems in emergency stopping situations, or feel like it is being exhausted while towing; very impressed for having 14,500+ lbs on the back. I actually prefer towing my 40' pinnacle over my old 35' trailer no matter the conditions

Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #44

I purchased a 2015 36KTPS pinnacle at the October 2013 Pamona RV show and have been very pleased with the rig. They upgraded the pantry and swapped the location of the pantry with the refrigerator so you can access the fridge with the slides in. You will need to replace the matress, the original is very firm! Very happy with the materials and construction. I would purchase a Pinnacle again. Since I had to wait until February 2014 to get the fifth wheel they let me have the first 2015 model.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #45

We just ordered a Pinnacle 26REQS and will be picking up in Jan-Feb, we opted for the Queen bed for more room in bedroom with end table at each side. I hoping my 2010 F-350 short box wont have too much sag with a 2400 lb pin weight.

I was surprised to hear from Jayco that they don't install a combo washer/dryer in the units, my dealer said no last week and I called direct today....I will do it myself and apply my own warranty I guess.

We are pretty excited about our decision with floorplan and unit, our last new one was a 2005 30" Open Road 5'r, the unit was very nice, but this Pinnacle is defiantly a step up for us.
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #46

Hey Murray,

I bought a Pinnacle 38FLSA and I love it. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it except for the ice maker not working. I'm sure the techs. at the dealership forgot to hook up the water line for it. Im 30yrs old and my coworkers envy it. The recliners and sofas are comfortable in my opinion. I don't think you can go wrong with the Pinnacle. Good Luck. Check out my photos on my profile.
Christo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo360 View Post
Hey Murray,

I bought a Pinnacle 38FLSA and I love it. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with it except for the ice maker not working. I'm sure the techs. at the dealership forgot to hook up the water line for it.
Love ours as well.

There are two valves for the ice-maker, one is under the trash can and the other one is on the back wall of the slideout under the stove. I'll bet one of them is closed.The water lines are all connected at the factory. If that doesn't work try unplugging the fridge and plugging it back in (plug is also under the stove). You will need to remove the drawer to get to the valve under the stove.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #48

Grumpy,

Thanks for the tip. I would have never though to look under the trash for the ice maker valve. I have ice now after 2 1/2 months of camper living. What a luxury it is. Thanks again.
Christo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #49

The one is under the trash can is so you can turn off the supply in cold weather and open that low point drain. The waterline in the slide is NOT insulated.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #50

I bought a F-350 DRW Crew Cab LB 4WD and really don't like the way it towed my 5er compared to my F-350 SRW. I am 98% I will be getting a 2015 SRW F-350 this Spring. I thought the duals were supposed to help with stability not make it crazy to control. This is my first Dually, but I've had a few SRW with the 6.7 Ford and never issues like I am having now.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
I bought a F-350 DRW Crew Cab LB 4WD and really don't like the way it towed my 5er compared to my F-350 SRW. I am 98% I will be getting a 2015 SRW F-350 this Spring. I thought the duals were supposed to help with stability not make it crazy to control. This is my first Dually, but I've had a few SRW with the 6.7 Ford and never issues like I am having now.

Wow!!!!

You have to be the only one, I've heard of, that can't tell the diff of the stability diff between a SRW and DRW.

I would NEVER pull our rig around the USA with a SRW p/u.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Wow!!!!

You have to be the only one, I've heard of, that can't tell the diff of the stability diff between a SRW and DRW.

I would NEVER pull our rig around the USA with a SRW p/u.
This truck has never towed well since I've owned it. Keep taking it back to the dealer and get a new problem. While towing and accelerating it starts to shake and vibrate so bad you cannot hear the radio. It's no longer a pleasant drive to go down the road towing. Maybe it's just me, so I have let others use the truck and they have the same issues I have.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 01-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #53

Quote:
This truck has never towed well since I've owned it. Keep taking it back to the dealer and get a new problem. While towing and accelerating it starts to shake and vibrate so bad you cannot hear the radio. It's no longer a pleasant drive to go down the road towing. Maybe it's just me, so I have let others use the truck and they have the same issues I have.
Sounds like that truck has a problem...not a reason to go to a SRW.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #54

Sounds like you have a driveline torque shudder problem. I have very minor shudder when I start dead on a step hill and try to accelerate up hill. Nothing any other time. I switched from an F250 toa 350 dually and love how it tows. I am sure the MORRYDE suspension and pin box has also helped.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:58 AM   #55

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCraig View Post
Sounds like you have a driveline torque shudder problem. I have very minor shudder when I start dead on a step hill and try to accelerate up hill. Nothing any other time. I switched from an F250 toa 350 dually and love how it tows. I am sure the MORRYDE suspension and pin box has also helped.
I also have the MORRYDE on our Jayco. Just not liking this truck like I thought I should.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
Old 01-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #56

We have a 2015 36 KTPS and are very happy. Jayco is still privately owned and works to satisfy customers not stockholders.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #57

I agree with LarryG. I've not seen any problems like that with our F350 DRW. In fact, it's more stable than it was than when we had an F250 SRW. Suggest you peruse thedieselstop.com forum and ask around. Someone may be able to help you get to the bottom of the issue.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #58

Quote:
:

I also have the MORRYDE on our Jayco. Just not liking this truck like I thought I should.

Ram 3500
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #59

We have the 2011 REQS Pinnacle. We have used the Jayco warranty to repair some delivery issues. The dealer repaired/replaced all issues on the 2yr warranty. We purchased the mechanical breakdown policy from CW and have used it to replace the kitchen slide plastic rollers. Now the bedroom slide sounds just like it.
My only complaint is the Goodyear Marathon tires and the oxidation of the exterior wall finish.
We are in the FW from April until October and find the unit quite comfortable.
FiredguyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:38 AM   #60

Mike,
We tow a 2014 38FLFS Pinnacle with a 2011 Chev DRW Duramax Crew Cab Long box and it pulls like a dream. I too would suspect a driveline problem with your Ford. Chevy had a problem early on with the two piece drive shaft center support U-Joint and finally got theirs fixed.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote