Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #1

Looking at the 2016 38 FSLA

Any feedback on this unit is much appreciated.
Texas 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:51 AM   #2

Have a 38FLSA, picked it up in October, probably around 4000 miles on it so far, about 10 trips... very happy with it.. couple minor issues, some fittings behind the water panel weren't tight and were leaking, about a 30 minute fix at the campsite.. other was the jacks had a 30amp breaker, there's a recall on it for a 50amp breaker.. $4 on Amazon for the part and about another 30 minutes (far easier than going to the dealer).. furnace vent in the front living blows too much, replaced it with an adjustable damper...
Just very minor stuff, actually better than average... Couldn't be happier.....
Old 01-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #3

I own this camper and absolutely love it. The only issues I have had are one slide motor went out causing the kitchen slide to go at an angle. This was fixed at a dealership at no cost to me. The other issue was the bathroom sink leaked when turned on at the handle. This was also replaced (they sent me an entirely new faucet) and is working great now.

I have used mine for a year with ~2000 miles on mine as well. I have been warned about the tires being sub par, but so far they seem to be showing no signs of bad wear or dry rotting....

Buy and enjoy, the quality of this camper far exceeds that of any other camper we looked at.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgood View Post
Have a 38FLSA, picked it up in October, probably around 4000 miles on it so far, about 10 trips... very happy with it.. couple minor issues, some fittings behind the water panel weren't tight and were leaking, about a 30 minute fix at the campsite.. other was the jacks had a 30amp breaker, there's a recall on it for a 50amp breaker.. $4 on Amazon for the part and about another 30 minutes (far easier than going to the dealer).. furnace vent in the front living blows too much, replaced it with an adjustable damper...
Just very minor stuff, actually better than average... Couldn't be happier.....
Thank you sir... We have decided to go with this unit we pick it up this Friday. I will post some pics later this weekend
Old 01-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine660 View Post
I own this camper and absolutely love it. The only issues I have had are one slide motor went out causing the kitchen slide to go at an angle. This was fixed at a dealership at no cost to me. The other issue was the bathroom sink leaked when turned on at the handle. This was also replaced (they sent me an entirely new faucet) and is working great now.

I have used mine for a year with ~2000 miles on mine as well. I have been warned about the tires being sub par, but so far they seem to be showing no signs of bad wear or dry rotting....

Buy and enjoy, the quality of this camper far exceeds that of any other camper we looked at.
I really appreciated the feedback we are super excited, we now have a bumper pull 2011 keystone outback so we are really jumping up the food chain!! Looking forward to this forum for expertise and feedback issues..