Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #1

Looking for 2020 Jayco 319MLOK Owners

Hi just picked up our 2020 319mlok last weeks. Looking for other same model owners to Chat, swap out ideas, concerns, and troubleshooting any other issues. As these are new to the BMPRO Jaycommand controllers looking for to receive and give support for us specific model owners. If interested please contact me. Thanks Jim M
JimM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 04:47 PM   #2

319 mlok

319MLOK purchaser here... been figuring out the wiring and have had issues. The factory solar prewire had issues along with the jack main board. The battery disconnect switch DOES NOT disconnect the battery. There is a .77a draw from the BMPro after disconnect for the brains incase you have the optional tire pressure sensors for towing. Wow must will have a dead battery in weeks if not plugged in. Bad design in my opinion.

Love the unit and learning all about it. Added 340 watts of solar on the roof.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #3

Hi Mike sorry to hear about problems so early on. I’m a owner of 8 different rv’s throughout my camping years And dating back to the 1980’s have come to the conclusion that nothing is perfect as we know. Also on my 2020 319MLOK i also experience the same, turn on disconnect and when I’m in the coach at the storage unit, I can turn on all the interior lights as well. I did purchase a solar panel and use this as a battery maintain since living in Florida we have more days of sun compared to other regions. I’m going to make a call to Jayco tomorrow and inquire about that. I’ll keep you informed if I get a answer. Overall pretty happy with the coach other than ironing out these few problems. I’m really pleased with the overall quality of the construction and features and interior. I’ll keep you posted. Have a great night Jim M
Old 11-12-2019, 09:09 PM   #4

Don’t bother talking with them. I ended up through email discussing the fact that they designed a constant draw on the battery that is for a option that most will not purchase. Most store their units in storage where no power is available. So guess what dead batteries. Then we discussed using wire units and out of the four I know about three had failed without even using the unit or pulling it down roads. This WILL loosen electrical connections with wire nuts. Speaking of nuts... Butt splices and heat shrink add a few pennies. Short sided IMO

We still love the layout and being a mechanical contractor, electrical contractor and plumbing contractor I know how things are supposed to work.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #5

Jayco command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Owens View Post
Don’t bother talking with them. I ended up through email discussing the fact that they designed a constant draw on the battery that is for a option that most will not purchase. Most store their units in storage where no power is available. So guess what dead batteries. Then we discussed using wire units and out of the four I know about three had failed without even using the unit or pulling it down roads. This WILL loosen electrical connections with wire nuts. Speaking of nuts... Butt splices and heat shrink add a few pennies. Short sided IMO

We still love the layout and being a mechanical contractor, electrical contractor and plumbing contractor I know how things are supposed to work.
Hi Mike kinda lost by your reply using wire units?

Then we discussed using wire units and out of the four I know about three had failed without even using the unit or pulling it down roads. This WILL loosen electrical connections with wire nuts
Old 11-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM86 View Post
Hi Mike kinda lost by your reply using wire units?

Then we discussed using wire units and out of the four I know about three had failed without even using the unit or pulling it down roads. This WILL loosen electrical connections with wire nuts
Nuts, Wire Nuts are not a good connection for mobile wires as they can loosen and because three of the four I found on my unit failed it backs it up. You still have to strip both ends of the wire so why not use a butt splice connector that will not loosen in movement.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:47 AM   #7

Hello fellow RLOK owners. Just purchased a new 2020.
What about the pantry? Do the stored items come flying out after a drive??
Mine did twice. To and from.
Just wondering about a poor design.
Fanofsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofsnoopy View Post
You need to put the refrigerator spring bars in to hold your items from shifting when traveling.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
You need to put the refrigerator spring bars in to hold your items from shifting when traveling.
It’s the pantry. Not the refrigerator. The pantry door has a magnet only. Shelves are recessed with too much space between them and the door.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #10

Quote:
It’s the pantry. Not the refrigerator. The pantry door has a magnet only. Shelves are recessed with too much space between them and the door.
I understand it is the pantry. You put the same spring tension bars that are used for the refrigerator across your items on each shelf too hold your items place. You cant expect to load up the pantry without securing the items to stay in place when traveling down the road.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #11

Oh!
Got it. Thanks!!!
Old 11-15-2019, 11:00 AM   #12

Go to amazon or Ebay and search for “rv cupboard spring tension rods”
Old 11-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #13

Good tip.
Thanks again
Old 11-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #14

Quote:
We use small plastic see through bins they will not fall off the shelf and you can see whats inside them.
Old 11-16-2019, 12:15 AM   #15

Great idea!!!
Thanks
Old 11-16-2019, 04:17 AM   #16

Or stuff pillows in closets and pantries when on the road. Remember to latch the fridge. Last trip we forgot and all the drinks were on the floor but the fridge door was closed on arrival. WIsh we had a video.

And don’t call Jayco unless you have a group 27 battery on your cell to last the hold times. Better to email and wait 2-3 days for a reply. Or call sub vendors directly (Lippert, Dometic, etc)- they’re all good. Jayco won’t know anyway.

Good luck guys and welcome.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #17

I have a 2019, same pantry. I took a cargo organizer make for the trunk of cars, looks like stretchy fishing net, put some small hooks on the inside pantry frame so they’re barely visible. Installed vertically from the top of the pantry to the bottom shelf. Works like a charm.
icr21801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #18

We own a 2019 319MLOK

We are new to RVing just finished our first summer of travel with her and we had multiple maintenance issues. I was nervous about our dealer fixing everything, but we just got back from the dealer “Ted’s RV” in Paynesville MN. They fixed everything, no charge. We are very pleased with our 5th Wheel and more importantly our dealer... It’s been a great experience so far, go Jayco...
gbwill0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbwill0 View Post
We are new to RVing just finished our first summer of travel with her and we had multiple maintenance issues. I was nervous about our dealer fixing everything, but we just got back from the dealer “Ted’s RV” in Paynesville MN. They fixed everything, no charge. We are very pleased with our 5th Wheel and more importantly our dealer... It’s been a great experience so far, go Jayco...
This is very good to hear.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:37 PM   #20

Just picked ours up yesterday.

Got a call from the dealer that our 319 MLOK was in that we ordered at the show here in Oct. Boy was I surprised as we didn't expect it until end of Jan. or possibly later. Did the whole PDI walkthru.... No water leaks...roof looks good...plumbing good...its been raining here and we noticed no inside leaks.
Tested self leveling system...good. Did the whole list...man it takes forever but dealership was great. I own an 06 Dodge 2500 4x4 and was concerned about the truck ..not so much mechanically but it sits on a leveling kit which raised the back an inch higher lol. I run the 35" tall tires as we camped a lot in the desert with our old rig which I had to have the axles flipped on. I installed the capture plate for my superglide hitch and backed up to the eagle... it was like it was custom made for my truck. Hitched up perfectly level. Trailer tows like a dream. Cant wait to go camping...going locally in a couple weeks for the shakedown cruise.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote