Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #21

My 2019 Pinnacle has soft close draws. It takes a while for them to "break in". Do you feel a little resistance when it comes within an inch or two of closing? Initially I sprayed all the draw mechanisms with silicone spray and it really helped them "break in".
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:52 AM   #22

Also, If you haven't found these articles yet, check these out...

https://www.rvwholesalesuperstore.co...mparison-guide

https://www.thewaywardhome.com/best-...l-time-living/

https://www.gohymer.com/best-5th-wheel-rv/

https://www.rvingknowhow.com/5th-wheel-brands-to-avoid/

https://www.rvtalk.net/extreme-cold-weather-rvs/

https://camper101.com/best-5th-wheel-rv/
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
thats what happened me, i have the same year model as you.. I was initially happy then a few minor things started to go. The biggie for me was the roof.. The membrane started coming loose just outside of the factory warranty period. Factory would no cover it, so i thought my extended warranty would.. Nope, it was denied because the extended does not cover structural. I ended up replacing the membrane myself. with help of another person. It's really not that bad of a job, just tedious removing and reinstalling molding. Keep an eye on your roof. I didn't know i had a problem until someone notice the roof ballooning up while driving down the highway. Once I got on the roof to inspect, it was easy to see the loose membrane.. I do like my RSTS, just not happy with the quality and the money we put out for them. We deserve better.

Yeah, I was just out to my fiver yesterday and today, yesterday I check inside and out I even went up on the roof to make sure all was well, so far so good, knock on wood. I agree with you on the money that we put in these unit, the wife and I was thinking even to trade in our to get another one, but I think that I might be slow on trying to get another.

The one we have have being working well for us so far, well we are planning on taken it cross country this March and I hope that it hold up there and back. If we do get a new one, I'm not sure that it will hold up we might be getting a lemon, so we are not in a hurry.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
My dream RV for several years was an H3 Outlaw on a Prevost chassis, until I talked to a couple at a resort that had one. They had engine trouble on the way and needed a tow, and then one of the slides wouldn't retract. For over $2 million, you would think it should be better than that.

So now I'm sticking with what's in the driveway.

I hear you on this one, our have been holding up pretty good, the one we have is very nice and with all of the mod I did to it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
My 2019 Pinnacle has soft close draws. It takes a while for them to "break in". Do you feel a little resistance when it comes within an inch or two of closing? Initially I sprayed all the draw mechanisms with silicone spray and it really helped them "break in".
I guess I better give them a little time, lol.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:17 PM   #26

ve to agree with kirkell though at this point, I'm not sure what is any better especially with the recent boon in camping. we bought a '20 32RLTS in '19 and it has spent more time in the dealers yard than it has at home or on the road. The only plus, and it's a minor one is that all the parts and repairs, to this point have been covered by warranty. As for what to look for, 1) queen bed- more room around it, 2) recliners in direct line with the tv, many floor plans are not, 3) centre island & sink-very convenient, 4) bathroom accessible without opening tip-outs- your wife will appreciate this when nature calls and there's no service centre handy, 5)check to see how well the frame is built at the spring attachment point- some are not gusseted or double framed like Pinnacle. Look at all the floor plans and see which suits your lifestyle, there are an endless number of styles. Pay close attention to the weight rating on your 2500 and the pin weight on the trailer. Lastly, hopefully you have more motor than you need, you can never have too much horsepower.
Lyonseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:56 PM   #27

Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
i could tell you one thing,, I never ever would buy another Jayco product,. After owning one for 3.5 years, i can tell you they look good, but boy are they made cheap.. I would do your homework and don't hesitate to pay an extra 20K for quality. You'll end up spending it anyway and with a lot of headaches.
I disagree. Jayco has the right price point for their products. Some manufacturers charge more money while offering the same or less in quality. Jayco has a good warranty and their customer service has been great.
I live in my trailers 9 months out of the year. No problems have come up ever that I didn’t accept or expect when I bought them.
Ask a lot of questions and know what to look for when purchasing and you’ll be fine.
If you expect more out of your products than what you paid for, maybe you need to do some homework in economics and bring your expectations to a place of solid ground.
dustyww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:11 PM   #28

Eagle

I will tell you that I have had three different brands in 10 years. I have settled for a 2020 Eagle 317Rlok. It sounds exactly what you are looking for. The wife got her "modern farmhouse" look on the inside and she loves it. All these campers are made like crap, so I wouldn't be listening everyone complain.. I had a Salem hemisphere bumper pull before this and it was crappy also. I am mostly happy with the eagle have had it 2 years and have only had a couple issues. I have a 2006 duramax with a stage 3 transmission and multiple upgrades to the engine. It pulls great on a 240hp efi live tune. I installed bags on the rear end and it does not squat.
andycook281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:28 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Yeah, I was just out to my fiver yesterday and today, yesterday I check inside and out I even went up on the roof to make sure all was well, so far so good, knock on wood. I agree with you on the money that we put in these unit, the wife and I was thinking even to trade in our to get another one, but I think that I might be slow on trying to get another.

The one we have have being working well for us so far, well we are planning on taken it cross country this March and I hope that it hold up there and back. If we do get a new one, I'm not sure that it will hold up we might be getting a lemon, so we are not in a hurry.
I think i would wait on a new one for a couple years. Give time for these manufactures to get back to recovery from this pandemic and stocked up on their supply chain. Also, i'm sure they are going to address these frame issues and come up with a better design. I think i've got most of the bugs worked out of mine.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
Please guide me if there is a forum on this.....

We own a Jayco Jayfeather 27BH. It's time to move on from the Bunk beds. We are interested in moving up to a 5th wheel. Where would I start? We know we want a center kitchen counsel, table with chairs, recliners, and a pc work station. I have a Silverado 2500 HD. So I assume I start with the towing capacity?
Absolutely start with towing capacity. There is no point in searching out all the shows and a list of amenities if the FW doesn't fit your truck, SAFELY. Limit your search to those RVs that will work.
Since you have a 3/4 ton truck you will be in sort of gray area.
Do you have Diesel or Gas? Big difference in payload. The gas can handle about 1000 pounds more in payload (think of the kingpin, hitch, TV cargo and people) but the diesel can handle quite a bit more in towing weight.
Lots of controversial forums over the years on this subject.
So depending on which type you have you need to find that RV that is going to fit both your payload (look at the yellow door jamb stick and silver axle weight stickers ) AND your total towing capacity.
Many of the 3/4 ton diesels run over their payload capacity since they can tow so much behind them. Not recommended but it happens quite frequently.
You really will have to look at the smaller FWs out there, like some that list themselves as HT towable. They also come in different sizes.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
BLTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:22 PM   #31

Once you find your dream trailer , then make sure you have enough truck to tow it , then go to RV Direct's website to see if they sell it.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:25 AM   #32

We started with a pop-up, then travel trailer and on to the 5th wheel. Have had two 5th wheels and will never go back to a TT. The 5th wheel is much easier to tow and set up compared to a TT. No sway with the fiver. Currently have a 2018 Jayco 26.5 RLDS (purchased new 2019) that I pull with a GMC 2500HD 6.6L gas. It's a good set-up for us. We did have a few minor warranty issues but our dealer took care of them and we are very please with the Jayco. From past post here, it is true that the dealer really makes a difference. The 26.5 RLDS has a rear entrance. We like that but we can't get to the bathroom without moving the big slide out a few feet. So it's hassle to stop and get to the bathroom when traveling. We looked at all the major brands before making the Jayco purchase. All had some nice features but we felt that the Jayco was built better than the others. Would buy Jayco again. Good luck with your decision.
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTravels View Post
Many of the 3/4 ton diesels run over their payload capacity since they can tow so much behind them. Not recommended but it happens quite frequently.

Def true to the Fords, even the 1 ton loses alot of payload with a diesel.

We went with a GMC 1 ton single rear wheels... GM beefs up the front end on the duramax trucks so I still have 3700# payload! Always trade offs with everything but we're very happy... and looking at an Eagle 321RSTS right now!
hankstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:16 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankstone View Post
Def true to the Fords, even the 1 ton loses alot of payload with a diesel.

We went with a GMC 1 ton single rear wheels... GM beefs up the front end on the duramax trucks so I still have 3700# payload!
Is this a long box regular cab?

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:18 AM   #35

We bought our Eagle 319MLOK as it matched well with my 06
Dodge 2500 with the Cummins. Fully loaded it was at my max tow weight but I knew we would never be close to 13,000 Ilb's. We looked at the HT Eagles but I would need to add the 16" rims and tires to be level when towing with our old truck. Also at the time the wife wanted kingsize bed which we couldn't get in the HT version. I chose the regular Eagle as it would sit level. This is something you should consider is your hitch pin height.
Honestly my 06 pulled our 319 just fine. Was a little slow out of the hole but once moving no problem. I traded the old truck only because she was long in the tooth and bought the dually. If I had this new truck when we bought I would be in a NP or Pinnacle but we really enjoy the 319 layout so probably stay with it for awhile. You didn't mention the year of your truck, that would help folks with thoughts on one for you. We had a minor problem with the schwintek slide on the curbside but our dealer fixed it and so far our rig has been great. Be sure and buy from a good dealer as this will add to your enjoying your rig. I always thought Grand Design was the best until we camped next to some folks with a Reflection that said they had nothing but trouble with theirs. I think you could get a lemon with any of these manufacturers. Best of luck in your search and tell us more about you truck.
Pullrite Superglide.
Mikayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:18 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
Is this a long box regular cab?

No, crew cab with the 6' 10" bed. rated at 20k or 22k with gooseneck
hankstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:44 AM   #37

My 0.02....

Get a good bed mounted hitch. One that is "easy" to hook up and release. Some of these take more than the average amount of effort to operate. I have a SuperGlide that requires an extra amount of effort to operate. And sometimes too difficult. A friend has the Anderson Ball that has mixed reviews. He loves it because its light, and EASY to operate. There are other brands and designs to choose from. Best to talk to many users and get their feedback.

Good Luck
Old 04-16-2022, 03:32 PM   #38

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
Definitely a good start with the weight that your current truck can handle, that
is for sure one of the highest items to consider. There are plenty of fifth wheel floorpans that fit your weight range for the 2500, middle kitchen counter/bar, etc... so just have to decide what brand you are comfortable with and price point, etc. Find a few that you are considering then look in this forum or other forums for customer feedback/reviews.

That's what we did when we started out looking at RVs before buying the Jayco NP we have now. We have gone to many RV shows since to see what is new layout wise and function, but still fall back on what we have as perfect for us.

People like to talk about their Rigs so don't hesitate to ask them about layouts and features of what you are interested in.

Good hunting!
I too, would never purchase another Jayco product. My fifth RV is a Jayco Pinnacle. It has been in the shop for 18 of its first 24 months. I have heard every excuse - covid, supply chain, no workers. It didn't seem to keep Jayco from building new rigs, just from taking care of existing customers. Even though I have only been able to use my 5th wheel for 6 months, I was informed that under no circumstances will Jayco even consider covering any future repairs under warranty. When you hit 24 months, they are done with you. Going back to Grand Design - the most customer focused company I have ever worked with.
JCH98391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 03:45 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH98391 View Post
I too, would never purchase another Jayco product. My fifth RV is a Jayco Pinnacle. It has been in the shop for 18 of its first 24 months. I have heard every excuse - covid, supply chain, no workers. It didn't seem to keep Jayco from building new rigs, just from taking care of existing customers. Even though I have only been able to use my 5th wheel for 6 months, I was informed that under no circumstances will Jayco even consider covering any future repairs under warranty. When you hit 24 months, they are done with you. Going back to Grand Design - the most customer focused company I have ever worked with.
Jayco's two year warranty is just a scam they mastered. I had issues with my roof from day one. During the warranty period they would do nothing but give me excuses, then at 27 months after purchases (3 months outside the warranty) my roof membrane came completely detached. Even though Jayco had records of my problems during the warranty period, they told me to go pound sand when it came apart. Now i see they are giving 20 year warrantees on their roofs, i wonder how that is gong to work
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:26 PM   #40

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
Please guide me if there is a forum on this.....

We own a Jayco Jayfeather 27BH. It's time to move on from the Bunk beds. We are interested in moving up to a 5th wheel. Where would I start? We know we want a center kitchen counsel, table with chairs, recliners, and a pc work station. I have a Silverado 2500 HD. So I assume I start with the towing capacity?
Although the kitchen is on the wrong side for your wishes, we have a 2018 Eagle HT 28.5, fifth wheel and we love it. We pull it with a 2003 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax diesel, club cab. The truck doesn't even feel it. We get 16 miles to the Imperial gallon. All you'll need is a couple of six volt batteries, a solar panel and a rear observation camera.
Teroy is offline   Reply With Quote