Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Covington
Posts: 155
Lost my Leveler Feet!

Well picked up my New Pinnacle 36FBTS in Texas and arrived at the second stop on the way back to Georgia and 3 of my leveler feet had fell off. Apparently this is a common problem on the Equalizer system.

Question - if I lower the rods down on boards in order to support the rig to open slides is that safe?
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Apparently this is a common problem on the Equalizer system.

Question - if I lower the rods down on boards in order to support the rig to open slides is that safe?
Never heard of it happening before.......I would think the legs would sink into the boards, or possibly split them. That is a lot of pressure on a soft surface.
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Covington
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Never heard of it happening before.......I would think the legs would sink into the boards, or possibly split them. That is a lot of pressure on a soft surface.
Fair assessment - what if I put down a metal plate on top of the boards?

I found some comments over on Facebook Pinnacle owners and it happens often. The dealer or Equalizer replaces them and it is a practice to use LocTite and occasional torquing. Several people say they carry extra feet plates.
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 01:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Fair assessment - what if I put down a metal plate on top of the boards?
That should work
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
ARoamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: St Johns MI
Posts: 769
Leveler Feet Falling off?

Strange. My dealer had to swap out the whole jack assembly because they could not get the leveler foot off. The rubber bushing that stops foot from shaking when retracted was missing from factory.
Scary thought having that piece of steel flying down the highway...
__________________
2020 Pinnacle 32rlts
640 watts solar, 300AH lithium
2020 High Country Duramax 3500
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Covington
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Strange. My dealer had to swap out the whole jack assembly because they could not get the leveler foot off. The rubber bushing that stops foot from shaking when retracted was missing from factory.
Scary thought having that piece of steel flying down the highway...
Ha Ha - that's what I was thinking or one of those plates gets caught by the tire and it goes up through the floor of the RV - it was just really weird.
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:27 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mexico Beach
Posts: 1,835
Is this something new on hydraulic system vs electric?
Rock
__________________
2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS, washer/drier, Onan 5500, G tires, dual Payne windows.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12 Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:37 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Covington
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Is this something new on hydraulic system vs electric?
Rock
The Levelers are Hydraulic - the system is Equalizer not Lippert
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:42 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Is this something new on hydraulic system vs electric?
Rock
JAYCO switched to hydraulic in 2020.
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mexico Beach
Posts: 1,835
I know they switched but have not seen a hyd unit yet. I assumed they still had a drop leg with a pin holding the pad. I will look them up.
Rock
__________________
2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS, washer/drier, Onan 5500, G tires, dual Payne windows.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12 Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:52 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 12,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I know they switched but have not seen a hyd unit yet. I assumed they still had a drop leg with a pin holding the pad. I will look them up.
Rock
No the hydraulic are just like on a MH, pad is bolted to the bottom of the shaft. Front legs just have a longer cylinder.

https://equalizersystems.com/product...smart-level-2/
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mexico Beach
Posts: 1,835
Grumpy,
I spent some time looking at it on the LCI web site. New system and now pads falling off. Just to bad they did not just fix the Jack screw nut in the electric version. If they double the size of the nut collar and put in two zerks it would last forever. It kills me that just the leg is about $360 and u can get the whole thing for $500 or less.
Rock
__________________
2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS, washer/drier, Onan 5500, G tires, dual Payne windows.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12 Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 2,533
I hope losing leveller feet isn’t going to be an ongoing problem

Here’s a cut and paste from a NorthPoint group

I was in NY and seen one of those Come off of a camper going in the opposite direction and it flew up and over into oncoming traffic and decapitated a doctor driving a Mercedes Benz I was traveling in the same lane is the doctor and seen the whole thing happened
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
4 6volt 235ah Surrette batteries
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:42 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mexico Beach
Posts: 1,835
Klassic,
Something else to think about during my summer 10k trip out west. And stupid me thought a schwintec failure was my main concern.
Rock
__________________
2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS, washer/drier, Onan 5500, G tires, dual Payne windows.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12 Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gilmer, Texas
Posts: 990
I've had Equalizer levelors for nearly 6 years & still have same feet. What's different ?
__________________
S.A.Young
2011 321RLTS
2012 Chevy duramax dually
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:13 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Covington
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
I've had Equalizer levelors for nearly 6 years & still have same feet. What's different ?
That's exactly what I would like to know-
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:06 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Mexico Beach
Posts: 1,835
Looking on line it has a bolt and washer that goes from bottom to hold it in place. It has a ball socket bottom to let it swivel. I do not know what the bolt goes into but it has to be some type of a ball to let the pad swivel. That definitely is a safety recall coming. Now is the bolt coming out or the bottom piece it screws into falling off. Either way that is not good!’n
Rock
__________________
2016 Pinnacle 36 FBTS, washer/drier, Onan 5500, G tires, dual Payne windows.
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 LB, DRW, HO Motor 4:10 Air Suspension, 12 Info Center.
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Covington
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Looking on line it has a bolt and washer that goes from bottom to hold it in place. It has a ball socket bottom to let it swivel. I do not know what the bolt goes into but it has to be some type of a ball to let the pad swivel. That definitely is a safety recall coming. Now is the bolt coming out or the bottom piece it screws into falling off. Either way that is not good!n
Rock
Looking at the one that did not fall off it is a Hex bolt. I would think it would need to be torqued and a liberal amount of Loc Tite or something used to help secure it. All Jayco or Equalizer needs is for one of these puppies to fall off and do some serious damage to someone or something.
I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer - VOGT RV
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:33 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: smithville, ont.
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTrains View Post
Looking at the one that did not fall off it is a Hex bolt. I would think it would need to be torqued and a liberal amount of Loc Tite or something used to help secure it. All Jayco or Equalizer needs is for one of these puppies to fall off and do some serious damage to someone or something.
I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer - VOGT RV
Too late. Read my comment above
__________________
2016 North Point 341RLTS
520watts of solar. Morningstar MPPT
4 6volt 235ah Surrette batteries
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:25 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Covington
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Too late. Read my comment above
I really have a hard time believing that comment about the decapitation - but who knows
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.