Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2019, 08:06 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Ok so I have been following this thread for days, trying to be coy cool and knowledgeable but I have to cry uncle and finally ask...

WTF is a snap pad?

(Apparently something else I have to buy)
-Angus
Here ya go Angus:
https://rvsnappad.com/

I've had them from day one, about a year, and I consider it the best mod I've ever done. I'm letting them go with my North Point so the new owners, whoever they may be, can enjoy them like I have. I have another set for the Pinnacle..........when it gets here. Have only used legos on one or two occasions. Wouldn't leave home without them
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I can’t tell you 1st hand yet (as I just installed mine), but from what I’ve read & heard...your excuse is part of it. They also give you a bigger “foot print” so more of the foot pad is in contact with the ground...so it should give you more contact with the ground so more stability. No need to place legos or anything else to stabilize. I hit the auto level button 2 times at storage after putting the SnapPads on & both times it auto leveled on its own without any legos or wood blocks. My 5er has never auto leveled at the storage lot without any help. That’s my $.02...hope it helps you.
I've had them for a year..........first mod I did and they are everything Dan is estimating they will be. Installation is a breeze............only one beer or two at the most
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 04-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #43

I’m just now getting caught up on this thread...Angus...you literally made me laugh out loud this morning! I needed that on a Monday morning!
Old 04-17-2019, 03:03 PM   #44

can you measure the distance from the bottom of the pad to the ground? for all of them? are they all the same distance from the ground?
CamperStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperStu View Post
can you measure the distance from the bottom of the pad to the ground? for all of them? are they all the same distance from the ground?
Not sure who you're asking but I know the back two are lower than the middle two which I'm worried about scraping. When I measured the back two, it was about 7" to the ground.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #46

and your trailer is level?
CamperStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperStu View Post
and your trailer is level?
No. I failed to mention it was nose high from unhitching my Pullrite 2600.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:46 PM   #48

How do you like your 355 so far. I bought one in July and I love it but I had to do some modifications so that air-conditioners will be able to keep up in the hundred degree weather. I also added an outside TV. It’s now a perfect 5th wheel
easevado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:49 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by easevado View Post
How do you like your 355 so far. I bought one in July and I love it but I had to do some modifications so that air-conditioners will be able to keep up in the hundred degree weather. I also added an outside TV. It’s now a perfect 5th wheel

What mods did you do to the AC? I am picking up my 357mdok next month. Basically the same so I am wondering what you needed to do?
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:00 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by easevado View Post
We just picked it up on April 5th. Taking it out on a short trip this weekend. We really like it. Just long, high and heavy, lol. But we've been looking a long time to find just the right one and I think this is it. I hope this is it. Concerned about the low jacks in the rear but we'll see over time how I do.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:10 PM   #51

First thing I did was remove the vent that goes to the basement. It’s located in the little game room/bedroom and I covered the back of it with a foil type bubblewrap you pick up at the big box store. It stopped their hot air from coming into that room.
Second thing I did was removed all the registers in the whole trailer and applied tape between the ceiling in the ductwork so now there is no air escaping in the ceiling.
Third thing I’ve done was installed two extra registers in the kitchen/living room area. Be careful to measure well so you don’t miss the ductwork in the ceiling. That allows that big room to get extra air and also allows you to run both air-conditioners on a higher setting without building up too much back pressure in the ducks.
Don’t forget the doc in the game/bedroom. I removed that duck because I wasn’t getting any air through it and it had about 16 inches of extra flex duct connected to it. When it was pushed into the cheese it must have kinked it in was not allowing any air to enter the room.
It probably cost about $25 to do all of that and made a world of difference to the way the camper cools.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #52

Those rear jacks are close to the ground because they do not have a lot of piston travel. The distance from the floor of the trailer to the ground is only so long and they don’t have enough room to accommodate longer jack’s. I use the red bucket jack extenders and they work wonderful. They are about 6 inches tall and fit perfect.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:19 PM   #53

I love my snap pads!! I followed the instructions for installation using dishwashing liquid and it was easy. They are tough and mine have been on for almost a year. It's nice not having to put down lego pads. I have used lego pads with them when the site is really unlevel. My camper only has 4 jacks for the Ground Control 3.0 and the back jacks are really close to the rear axle so I haven't had any issues. They are pricey but IMHO they are worth it.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:30 PM   #54

Bought a set of these for my Precept. They won't go on. Turns out they are only for totally flat landing pads, the ones on my Precept are slightly convex, so they won't mount. The company told me to try mounting them on grass, don't think it will help.
Av8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:10 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8tor View Post
Bought a set of these for my Precept. They won't go on. Turns out they are only for totally flat landing pads, the ones on my Precept are slightly convex, so they won't mount. The company told me to try mounting them on grass, don't think it will help.
Mine are also somewhat convex, I could not get them to all go on with the weight of the RV. I have a 20 ton press so I used it to put them on. It did not take a lot of pressure since I put the lower braces near the edge of the snap pads. They went on very easily.
MaxDMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8tor View Post
It's my understanding that they have a model specifically for the convex pads. In fact if you look at their website they have a video showing the installation on a motorhome with convex pads.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 04-18-2019, 08:50 AM   #57

When I was at the dealership with service personnel, they told me something that was not mentioned during the PDI. They told me the back four jackstands of the six point leveling system need to be pulled down two holes prior to leveling. ??? I didn't know this. I assume if I use lego blocks, I wouldn't need to do this. They're reasoning is, less travel to the ground for stability and prevent out of sync errors. Suggestions?????
Old 04-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
When I was at the dealership with service personnel, they told me something that was not mentioned during the PDI. They told me the back four jackstands of the six point leveling system need to be pulled down two holes prior to leveling. ??? I didn't know this. I assume if I use lego blocks, I wouldn't need to do this. They're reasoning is, less travel to the ground for stability and prevent out of sync errors. Suggestions?????
Hmmmm, there must be a reason for the fact that they can be adjusted. Would like to here from someone that does follow that procedure.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 04-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Hmmmm, there must be a reason for the fact that they can be adjusted. Would like to here from someone that does follow that procedure.
I have tried this and it works just like adding blocks, all it does is allow the jacks to extend more before going into an of stroke condition. I have just found it easier to put a few blocks down under each jack rather than pull the pin and drop the landing pad down. Again this is just needed if you are quite a bit out of level otherwise it works fine.
MaxDMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #60

The reason is to get enough travel. Whether you extend them down or if you block them up does not matter. You still get the same affect.