Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #61

Well about 10 days ago I contacted Jayco about my back two jack legs and how low they were to the ground. I took measurements with pictures and sent them in. Jayco said they'd get with the production bosses and Lippert and get back to me. Well today I inquired as to the status, I got a short email answer stating Lippert states the minimum clearance is 6" - 8" and since mine is 7" it's within the standard. That was it. No further discussion, no suggestions or anything else. So I guess the next thing they want to hear from me is I ripped off my two back jack stands and I need to place an order for them, over $1,000 parts alone.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:43 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Well about 10 days ago I contacted Jayco about my back two jack legs and how low they were to the ground. I took measurements with pictures and sent them in. Jayco said they'd get with the production bosses and Lippert and get back to me. Well today I inquired as to the status, I got a short email answer stating Lippert states the minimum clearance is 6" - 8" and since mine is 7" it's within the standard. That was it. No further discussion, no suggestions or anything else. So I guess the next thing they want to hear from me is I ripped off my two back jack stands and I need to place an order for them, over $1,000 parts alone.

Why would lippert care how low they are? The may have a max height so that the pads can reach the ground. I would say Jayco is responsible for the design and how the use the parts they buy.
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Why would lippert care how low they are? The may have a max height so that the pads can reach the ground. I would say Jayco is responsible for the design and how the use the parts they buy.
I agree. I'll see what they say. I doubt they're gonna respond to me anymore.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:22 PM   #64

Quote:
I agree. I'll see what they say. I doubt they're gonna respond to me anymore.

Probably not.
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Old 06-04-2019, 06:25 AM   #65

Quote:
The rear jack stands on our new 2019 Jayco 355mbqs concern me as they are sitting pretty low. I ordered some rv snap pads and now realize they will be a little closer to the ground. Now I don't plan on jumping any curbs but is this an issue with low lying jackstands on the Ground Control 3.0? They can't be moved up any more as the factory put them all the way up as far as they would go. Not sure if I have an issue or not.
That was one of the first things we put on our unit when we bought new.
NP 381 DLQS. We LOVE them, no clearance problems.
FireBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #66

Jayco told me since my rear jack stands are between 6" and 8", it's within their standards and Lippert's standards for clearance. I complained and asked for more info if there were shorter jacks that could replace them, or ones I could even purchase. After a week, they responded with their final answer from the production crew. They said to take a string, run it from the bottom of the bumper to the rear tire and the jack stand should not touch the string. Also, said to remove the stand platform and cotter pin while in transit. Here's the diagram they sent me also.....
Attached Thumbnails
Jaycojacks.png  
Old 06-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #67

Quote:
Jayco told me since my rear jack stands are between 6" and 8", it's within their standards and Lippert's standards for clearance. I complained and asked for more info if there were shorter jacks that could replace them, or ones I could even purchase. After a week, they responded with their final answer from the production crew. They said to take a string, run it from the bottom of the bumper to the rear tire and the jack stand should not touch the string. Also, said to remove the stand platform and cotter pin while in transit. Here's the diagram they sent me also.....

I guess in theory this would make sense, but it does not account for changes in terrain where the back tire or side of trailer may compress the springs more. This would make that string closer to the trailer at the jack install.

I would think that if it is above the string though you would probably be fine for the majority of the situations.

Let me know when you try it and if with the strings in place you can still have the snap pads installed.
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Old 06-05-2019, 07:44 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
I guess in theory this would make sense, but it does not account for changes in terrain where the back tire or side of trailer may compress the springs more. This would make that string closer to the trailer at the jack install.

I would think that if it is above the string though you would probably be fine for the majority of the situations.

Let me know when you try it and if with the strings in place you can still have the snap pads installed.
Will do. I'm reluctant to remove the contact pad/cotter pin and pin because if I did that, and it drags, it's a hollow pole dragging into asphalt instead of steel/aluminum flat pad dragging. But if it gives 1-2" more clearance, I could install the snap pads and only have them on when I need to level. We'll know more this weekend. Will need to update then, and also on the Timbrens.