Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2021, 07:51 PM   #1

Low point drain leaking

2019 pinnacle 32 rlts my low point cold water drain is leaking..is it possible to add shut off valve to the tube that comes out at belly of the rv instead of replacing the shut off valve in the side panel of the storage area? Would this work?
cdjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:13 PM   #2

Yes. Is the low point drain the little pull up valve? It may just need new "O" rings.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #3

Yes...it’s pull up and push down t valve
Old 03-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #4
Site Team

They can be lubed with plumbers silicone. Try exercising the up/ down a few times to see if it stops.

Other have added a shark valve on the underside but that allows the water in the exposed part to be liable to freeze.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:40 PM   #5

When it is time to winterize... can I open up the valve in the side panel and open the new valve on under belly ... let pink run all the way through... then shut under belly valve...then shut side panel valve...wouldn’t pink be in the entire valve?
Old 03-07-2021, 10:06 PM   #6
Site Team

As Norty mentioned, they can be repaired. Over time, the o-ring can get an imperfection, or just get worn, that'll cause a drip, or a little piece of crud stuck to it. I've replaced o-rings and lubed them with plumber's grease successfully.

Carefully slide the small metal clip off with small pliers and pull the T valve out. You'll see the o-rings on that piece. Easy fix.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
As Norty mentioned, they can be repaired. Over time, the o-ring can get an imperfection, or just get worn, that'll cause a drip, or a little piece of crud stuck to it. I've replaced o-rings and lubed them with plumber's grease successfully.

Carefully slide the small metal clip off with small pliers and pull the T valve out. You'll see the o-rings on that piece. Easy fix.
I am an old lady blonde...lol...I’m afraid to mess with stuff in that compartment...anybody out there have video of how to do it
Old 03-07-2021, 10:52 PM   #8

I'm sure there is a YouTube video. But I have not seen one. I have taken mine apart, just like norty1 described. My tt is in storage, so I am doing this from an old memory.

Need a slotted screw driver, to pop off the metal retaining ring (only metal part). It will go flying, so don't loose it. Once the ring is off, pull the handle off/out. Check the o-ring for damage, replace if needed. Apply some plumbers silicone grease. Reassemble.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:37 AM   #9

I added valves to the outside of the hot and cold drain pipes as backups to the interior T-valves, which occasionally leaked. I did find that when they did leak, I could stop it just by giving the T-valve an extra firm push down to snap it closed. Sometimes pulling it all the way open then closing again it does the trick. I’d grease my O rings, but my valves are h*ll to get to under the bathroom vanity. For now the exterior valves are my backstop.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
I added valves to the outside of the hot and cold drain pipes as backups to the interior T-valves, which occasionally leaked. I did find that when they did leak, I could stop it just by giving the T-valve an extra firm push down to snap it closed. Sometimes pulling it all the way open then closing again it does the trick. I’d grease my O rings, but my valves are h*ll to get to under the bathroom vanity. For now the exterior valves are my backstop.
I will try the opening and pushing down harder...if that doesn’t work... what kind of valve do I need to attach to the two rubber hose that come down under camper
Old 03-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #11
Site Team

To answer your question, Go to a Lowes, etc store and get a 1/2 inch PEX SharkBite valve. Just push it on the one that is dripping.

Good call on the winterizing additional precaution of making sure that anti freeze is in that section of pipe.

I personally would not replace the one that is not leaking.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 03-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #12

Thanks for your help and everybody else that responded...it’s nice to have a place to go and find others knowledge on rv topics...
Old 03-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
To answer your question, Go to a Lowes, etc store and get a 1/2 inch PEX SharkBite valve. Just push it on the one that is dripping.
There is also a cheaper version in plastic made by Watts.. Many Ace Hardware and Menards in the Mid-west carry them.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjenn View Post
I will try the opening and pushing down harder...if that doesn’t work... what kind of valve do I need to attach to the two rubber hose that come down under camper
Unless yours is very different, they aren’t rubber hoses, but Pex pipe. I ordered a pair of plastic OEM valves through my Jayco dealer (they came standard on my trailer the very next year). Attached them with worm gear clamps. But I think a Shark Bite valve would work, too.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:22 PM   #15
Site Team

Get any kind that will hold up and remember
anything hanging underneath is in danger of getting knocked of.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 05-27-2021, 01:38 PM   #16

Thank you all for this. I just ran into this same issue. Jagiven, your instructions were perfect. Grumpy, diagnosis was spot on. You all rock!
Ninjapants is offline   Reply With Quote