Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2018, 10:00 PM   #1

low point drain on 29.5 bhds

Can someone tell me how many sets of low point drains, and where they are located on my 29.5 BHDS? I found 2 valves underneath the outdoor kitchen stove. Are these the only ones? If so, then this is not exactly the lowest point on my trailer. How can this be the low point then? My manual (which is about worthless, says it is probably inside the RV. However, I have only been able to find my water heater bypass, and not any type of drain valve.
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:15 AM   #2

I think that’s it. I’ve looked thoroughly around the underside of the trailer and those valves along with the FW tank drain valve are the only drains there. The valves are lower than the water heater and FW tank and obviously lower than all of the fixtures, so it makes sense.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:27 AM   #3

Yes that’s correct, when I drained mine I opened all my fixtures and then opened those valves it drained the water out of the lines.

Rving with solar
T bucket nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #4

Since these valves are such a pain to get to, would it be ok to bypass opening these valves when winterizing if I am going to be blowing out all the lines anyway?
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:51 AM   #5

Since they are the low point you need to open and drain no matter if using air or antifreeze.
Otherwise water will be trapped in those lines and will freeze. If its a tricky place to access some have used Sharkbite valves on the outside under the TT, this way you can leave the valves open inside and when needed open the valve outside.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #6

Most low point valves look like this, they drain through the floor and are usually located inside, just pull up to open them.
Attached Thumbnails
lowpoint.jpg  
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote