Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2017, 11:12 PM   #1

Low point drains

On a 2016 323LKTS there are 2 pex pipes extending from the undercarriage between the door and storage. They are behind a sign "low point drain". No valves. How do they drain? The one on the other side of the unit has a valve and drains...
rickmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:00 AM   #2

I note that you wrote this late and no one has responded yet so I am answering you in case this is an issue. Normally if the valve is not in the under carriage it is at the closest point above the floor. In your unit look for a panel that opens, or, if it above a sink or tank, look in a cabinet below. I also suggest you call or email Jayco and ask them for a complete set of plumbing and electrical schematics for your unit. I am hoping someone with more knowledge about your specific unit can specifically help you if the above doesn't work.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:21 AM   #3

The valves should be above the low point drain pipes, inside the trailer.

It's nice that your trailer seems to be labeled correctly. On my 2017 23RB the Low Point Drain decal is not where the low point drains are, but where the fresh water tank overflow pipes are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmac View Post
On a 2016 323LKTS there are 2 pex pipes extending from the undercarriage between the door and storage. They are behind a sign "low point drain". No valves. How do they drain? The one on the other side of the unit has a valve and drains...

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:45 AM   #4

My 2013 351RLTS has a couple of removable panels on the walls in the basement. The valves for the low point drains are behind those.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:56 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post

It's nice that your trailer seems to be labeled correctly. On my 2017 23RB the Low Point Drain decal is not where the low point drains are, but where the fresh water tank overflow pipes are.
Mine has that label but it is for the fresh water tank drain, right behind the rear tire on the curb side.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmac View Post
We had a 2016 323LKTS and those particular valves are a pain in the neck to get at. Pull the basement panel marked Low Point Drains and then you have to reach through and back towards the outside wall to feel the valves. You have to pull them up, not twist to open. Once opened, be sure to open the washer valves in the bedroom closet so that the pipes leading to that hookup drain too. Be SURE to close once you're done draining though - you don't want that mess when you pressurize the system in the spring.

In the long run I found it easier to pull a few screws in the back panel and pull the whole thing forward rather than try to reach through the drain panel. IIRC, there were three additional screws besides those in the drain panel.

Hope this helps.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:05 AM   #7

Yes there are drain valves. You must open them and drain the water out. Close them use Rv antifreeze run it to all fossils. Then open lowpoint drains again. Repeat antifreeze to all fossils again. Should be dark color running out if not repeat again if it is your done. Then open all fossils with pump off and open lowpoint valve till spring. You don't want it to freeze over winter. Any water in the lines will cause a freeze. If you don't do the valves in spring you will have to replace them. I run 6 gal of antifreeze its cheep insurance. Then I run air from the compressor into the lines. If your in the Midwest we get down to 25 below some winters.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #8

Mine had the hot and cold low point drains just behind the wheels. Inside I have to remove a bottom kitchen drawer to get at them. Not a big deal but still a pain.

The other low point drain is in front of the wheels. Not sure what it drains, maybe the freshwater tank line? At least the valve for it is outside where the label is.

When winterizing make sure to drain and bypass the hot water heater too.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
Mine had the hot and cold low point drains just behind the wheels. Inside I have to remove a bottom kitchen drawer to get at them. Not a big deal but still a pain.

The other low point drain is in front of the wheels. Not sure what it drains, maybe the freshwater tank line? At least the valve for it is outside where the label is.

When winterizing make sure to drain and bypass the hot water heater too.
yes the other one is to empty the fresh water tank.

JeremyFr is offline   Reply With Quote