Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2021, 06:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trublu1068 View Post
Madmaxmutt and Ringneks, thank you, I found them. I think I'm going to have to install valves on the outside as they are difficult to get to. Ringneks, would the sharkbite type valves work on the outside?
That’s what I used

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trublu1068 View Post
Yes, but clearly not thorough enough! I don't have a lot of confidence in the dealers, including the PDI guys. I just don't think they know enough and unfortunately, I don't know what I don't know.

There are a lot of "hidden" items (ie - how to get the ice maker to work) - there are a few different places the valves could be depending on the model of the coach. They don't go over that and at the time, I just think I connect the water and ice magically appears. I think each model has things specific to them which is why each model should have an ops manual, but we get the generic NP, Pinnacle, Eagle, insert your model here manual.

I live in southern CA and have been to a few dealerships here. They seem all the same here - jack of all trades, master of none. They know enough, but not all the in's and outs.
I too wonder about how the ice maker functions? The first time we hooked up our 36' Pinnacle SSWS to water, the ice maker just poured water through the system and into the plastic ice catcher container...overflowing until the freezer was leaking water. The freezer worked perfectly, but the ice maker didn't make ice. Luckily I found the cut-off valve in the island, behind a panel. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to hook up to hose water without constant flooding. The dealer ordered a new one, but with Covid issues, it took forever to get here. It's installed now, but since winter set in, we haven't used it yet. That will happen in a few short weeks. I didn't find any instructions in the materials provided by Jayco. Does anyone have the sequence of events that need to happen to avoid another flood? I could sure use your advice. Thanks in advance!
GeoffH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 03:43 AM   #23

Ahhh, those right angle drain valves.

Any Idea where to source this configuration valve from, outside of a dealership?
PipeFighter is offline   Reply With Quote