Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2020, 06:42 AM   #1

Low profile A/C vs regular

Had our factory 15k BTU AC unit in our bedroom (front) replaced with low profile AC unit because our 5th wheel (2019 Eagle 317RLOK) was too tall. We were 13’8”. Now we’re 13’4”
The new low profile unit doesn’t seem to put out cold air like the old unit. Anyone have their units switched out like this and notice same issue? I called manufacturer and gave them serial and model number to make sure it was a 15K unit
May need to have hubby check duct work to ensure installed correctly.
I did some research and on another forum someone stated they didn’t think low profile were as good.
Anyone have this situation?
mrlarson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlarson59 View Post
Had our factory 15k BTU AC unit in our bedroom (front) replaced with low profile AC unit because our 5th wheel (2019 Eagle 317RLOK) was too tall. We were 13’8”. Now we’re 13’4”
The new low profile unit doesn’t seem to put out cold air like the old unit. Anyone have their units switched out like this and notice same issue? I called manufacturer and gave them serial and model number to make sure it was a 15K unit
May need to have hubby check duct work to ensure installed correctly.
I did some research and on another forum someone stated they didn’t think low profile were as good.
Anyone have this situation?

Check the divider between the supply and return is in place and properly sealed. It should perform great. We have a low profile on the bedroom and standard height main unit. I prefer the low profile. Wish I'd of ordered the main unit low profile too. But I got cheap lol

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #3

Both of ours are low profile and one is a heat pump as well. They rock! Using the infrared thermometer to check in input air temp and output, I get the 20 degree (or greater) differential that I am told to expect. Our rig is 13'7" from the factory.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #4

Also have 2 low pro units, both with heat pumps. The heating and cooling is great.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #5

Both of mine on our Northpoint are low profile Coleman Mach series units. Both units worked pretty good until I got into them a few months back and fixed the foam baffles and the poor tape sealing job done at the factory in the duct work. The front bedroom you can hang meat in it'll get so cold and the main unit works better than what it did. This past summer, 93* outside and the front bedroom got down to like 67* and the main area in the trailer got down to 72*.