Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #41

Never Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
I never slam my door. That could be a problem. I pull the handle, push the door closed and release the handle.
It's probably not a bad idea not to slam the door because it's quite and impact and probably accelerates the listening of the screws and bolts. It's a little bit of an inconvenience, though, to have to do that every time. Sometimes I get in a rush.
hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchesrv View Post
Ours is 2019 Greyhawk. Does not look as if the lock pins are lined up and YES you have to slam it, if you don’t then opening it is a new adventure. I want the keyless system but I will get Jayco fix door when they install keyless system that should have come with it. Slamming door is not the answer. @jaycorvs

I have a 2018 Greyhawk, and I felt like I had to hard slam the door to get it to latch and seat correctly. I lubed the striker and latch, and that helped. But I noticed a rubber slide attached to the bottom of the door. It is wedge shaped, and it floats freely as it makes contact with the bottom door jam. I have no idea what it's there for. Therefore, I removed it. It was contacting the door jam just slightly ahead of the lock latch and as a result, it took away from the energy of the door closing. Ergo, I had to slam it. I removed it. Big difference.
Flight Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #43

Tried that and helped. Try more bending. Good advice
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #44

My Jayco Precept motorhome has the same problem. Forget auto level. Do it in manual mode. If the RV is in any kind of of twist, the door will not close. Level it yourself and as said above, usual plenty of lube......and do it often!
Lyle35S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:28 PM   #45

I had to have the door replaced because our hinge was bent. They are also adding spacers behind the strike plate to push out the frame a bit.
ajboudreau24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #46

re: Door Latch?

TIP: First, add some WHITE GREASE, SILICONE GREASE, VASOLINE, OR silicone spray to the bolt and latch plate. White Grease made a HUGE difference in the operation of my new lock. Get things to operate properly/ easily and latch plates do not get pushed out of position so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlarson59 View Post
I agree with you. We have to SLAM our door to get it to shut. My hubby has scared the heck out of me so many times. I guess the upside is no teenagers can sneak in after staying out past curfew. 😂
If anyone has some ideas to help with this issue I’d love to know what can help.

Oh, and along this same line we installed the keyless RVLock and it turned out to be a not so easy install for us. First off plate for door jam didn’t line up so had to order a different door jam plate. Then we finally get it installed and now our entrance handle that locks into place won’t lock in place because new lock mechanism is too thick. This is especially important when driving down the road because the handle locks door in place for added protection. I just emailed RVLock hope they have a solution because I really like the keyless entry
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:17 AM   #47

Same problem on a 2018 23rl
PB411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:30 AM   #48

For the next three days RV Lock is having a 35% off sale on everything!

https://www.rvlock.com/?utm_source=R...eid=05b653a93b
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #49

Door Slamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle35S View Post
My Jayco Precept motorhome has the same problem. Forget auto level. Do it in manual mode. If the RV is in any kind of of twist, the door will not close. Level it yourself and as said above, usual plenty of lube......and do it often!
My Jayco Precept door also is hard to close when the sun is beating on that side of the RV. I guess the door thermally expands and, the way the bolt anchor plate is designed, it binds due to the reduced clearance between it and the door; or something like that. One solution is to put out the awning which I dare not do when I am away.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #50

I might recommend a white grease, even silicone electric grease, or silicone spray over WD40, unless you are referring to a similar product now MFG/ marketed under the WD40 label?
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #51

I agree. WD-40 only works for about 40 days but I've been using the WD-40 silicone with much better luck and it doesn't attract dirt and dust and yuck.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:15 AM   #52

Do you like the keyless lock? I've been considering getting it myself. Does it lock the handle or the deadbolt or both?

Thanks,

Darryl
dbvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbvano View Post
Do you like the keyless lock? I've been considering getting it myself. Does it lock the handle or the deadbolt or both?

Thanks,

Darryl
I did not like my RV Lock. I returned it for a refund when I found out it did not lock the handle, just a small slide bolt. Also, it didn't fit right and the door did not shut right. I got tired of messing with it so I returned mine. Wasn't worth $150 to me.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #54

My Precept came with a keyless entry that is battery powered. The batteries last about 5 days using it or not. I called the lock factory who told me they only work with Duracell, which I was using.
It uses it's own separate deadbolt. Piece of worthless crap.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:22 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle35S View Post
My Precept came with a keyless entry that is battery powered. The batteries last about 5 days using it or not. I called the lock factory who told me they only work with Duracell, which I was using.
It uses it's own separate deadbolt. Piece of worthless crap.

This definitely sounds like there is a problem with the lock. Replacing batteries every 5 days. This cannot be done on purpose. Under warranty? Have it fixed.
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #56

Precept Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
This definitely sounds like there is a problem with the lock. Replacing batteries every 5 days. This cannot be done on purpose. Under warranty? Have it fixed.
I'll be happy if the key just keeps working on mine. I had to replace my lock under warranty because it got to where it would not lock reliably. I always test the handle after I lock the door and after a second pull, it got to where it would unlock sometimes.

I haven't tried the keyless.