Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2020, 10:36 PM   #1

Main slide issues

I have a 2018 Eagle HD 26.5 RLDS fiver. Has anyone had a main slide issue with theirs? The very first day I picked it up in February of last year, while deploying the slide, I heard a loud pop and it went out of adjustment. I have had it into the dealer, (Camping World) several time for a fix as it won’t fully seal to the inside wall, at the slide upper corner when deployed. They have said it is now fully adjusted and can’t be adjusted any more. It is still one inch away from the wall at the corner revealing outside light and air intrusion. Additionally, they have replaced the inside seal, and the outside seal twice. Still no satisfaction. Now CW wants to order another seal. I have contacted Jayco directly and they stated I have to keep trying to repair it. I think it’s now a Lippert problem. I’m totally frustrated with the process and the inability of the dealer and Jayco to get it fixed! Help!
Whammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:17 AM   #2

It sounds to me like the drive gears are out of sync with the upper and lower gear tracks. Not a simple fix but can be done with the right technician on the job. Call Jayco from a campground and let them know that it is raining hard and that your trailer is filling up with water and the carpet is soaked and the floor is feeling soft. Tell them what your problem has been and the adventures you had with CW and see if they will recomend a good mobile RV technician to repair the problem so you can get home.

This will help make the problem more urgent.

I'm sure that if it is not sealed at the top when it is out, it is not sealed at the bottom when in.
1998 Jeep ZJ custom rock crawler normally in garage.
2017 Nissan Titan XD platinum reserve Cummins 18500 gcw.
1998 Prowler 2950 RKS.
Destrtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:01 AM   #3

At this point it has to go back to the factory in order to fix it correctly. Call ( and have your VIN # handy ) and make your appointment as it’s the only way to fix it once and for all.
Calling and making up a story is not the correct way for you to solve this problem!
Old 02-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrtman View Post
It sounds to me like the drive gears are out of sync with the upper and lower gear tracks.
Not a SCHWINTEK slide. It's the standard thru the frame system.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #5

X2 Tunce the traveler.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote