Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-23-2015, 07:39 PM   #91
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohok1 View Post
Look up the Jayco's video showing construction of a Jayco Jay Flight in 10.5 hours, if I recall properly. Then ask yourself about the quality.
And yet the Jayflight owners seem to be the happiest and most satisfied here on the forum with the least complaints per capita, lead all our polls in numbers owned, and Jayflights are America`s # 1 selling TT 10 years running.
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:14 PM   #92
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chandler
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackermi View Post
No offense, I agree with your message. But dealers are half the problem. They are like high volume and get the sale out the door. They don't check them thoroughly and I am not sure they care to anymore. Anything to save costs on labor and employees. It appears to me then do a simple quick check and not check it like an owner. And they do this sometimes one hour before you get it. To me schedule the pick ups 4 days out, go through it day 2 in case you need to correct anything. Not anymore, goal is turn around. They don't touch a thing unless you find it for them and a lot of times you have to wait for the first trip back. Which is awesome as they are usually backed up 4-6 weeks.

Owners just need to learn, do a proper inspection themselves. I myself need to take more time next time around.
If a dealer has that attitude, then they =need= to get bad reviews and either clean up their act or go out of business. Yes, a dealer is likely to "get by", but we, as consumers, have to keep them on their toes, do a thorough PDI, then hold their feet to the fire to get stuff fixed or you walk on the deal, leaving them holding an RV that they may not want. I read on another forum about one couple that did their PDI over 2 days, 3 hours on each day. The dealer =thanked= them for being so thorough. It's ludicrous that the factories put out half-built crap and expect the dealers to finish it off. Now, if the =dealers= would start =refusing= to sign off on some of the junk that's delivered, it might shake the factories up and maybe that dealer might rethink carrying that line. Yes, I understand that a dealer may simply not be able to do that, either under a contract or the fact that something may be their biggest seller, but it might serve to wake up a mfr, or two.

Lyle
__________________

LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #93
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chandler
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by notaz3 View Post
Manufactures are putting out units by quantity, leaving the dealers to fix issues that should never get past the assembly doors. Dealers are trying to sale unites with as little cost to them as possible, leaving the customer to find and sometimes fix manufactures problems. Placing the blame on a dealer is wrong. If the dealer service is backed up withe repairing manufactures defects the customer will suffer.

Doing a complete pre signing inspection prevents a lot of headaches, and return trips. I have always done a complete inspection and insured everything was corrected before even signing the first paper. Only once in the past four trailers did the dealer have a problem with this, causing him to lose a sale to the competitor.
Good for you on a thorough PDI and good for you for walking on a deal.

Lyle
LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:20 PM   #94
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chandler
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackermi View Post
Fair enough, but I still believe it is a dealers responsibility to not deliver you ****. The get paid to fix warranty crap, we don't.
Actually, some mfrs =will= reimburse you for a minor DIY warranty fix. Was a post on rv.net not long ago about this.

Lyle
LAKnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #95
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Grand rapids
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
And yet the Jayflight owners seem to be the happiest and most satisfied here on the forum with the least complaints per capita, lead all our polls in numbers owned, and Jayflights are America`s # 1 selling TT 10 years running.
I bought it because I beleived the same thing, however afterwards... I struggle to find any backing to such logic.

I was more sold on the name and realized the product wasn't up to par, at least not compared to what I thought it sold to me as.

I drank the kool aid, but the hardship, not many rv MFG's have a double over double. I wish they made more luxury rv for families. I expected more from a Jayco, than all these issues. What's the phrase.... Lipstick on a pig, oh but wait..they use plywood not OSB.. Cause jayco means quality... Ha, I'd like to have a talk with who made that video...
Trackermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Larry G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reno (home base) Winter Eloy, AZ
Posts: 951
After some initial issues, which Jayco took care of even with overnight shipping of parts, we have been virtually trouble free.

We are completely satisfied with the factory support and would not hesitate to buy another Jayco product.

Instead of jumping off the cliff show some patience and any problems will be taken care of.
__________________

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:17 PM   #97
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Grand rapids
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
After some initial issues, which Jayco took care of even with overnight shipping of parts, we have been virtually trouble free.

We are completely satisfied with the factory support and would not hesitate to buy another Jayco product.

Instead of jumping off the cliff show some patience and any problems will be taken care of.
haha, no comment.. It's 2015, it's not hard to test what you built. Off a cliff not quite, but when RV mfg produce crap for consumers to deal with, it shows their shortcuts. I mean, I'd pay more to not have to deal with this stuff afterwards. but. Like I have time to spend two hours tracing wires cause they hacked it up, or 4 hours getting brakes fixed and almost causing an accident.

I'm sorry, but I don't see your logic when then build less than safe and quality products.
Trackermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
wags999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Surprise
Posts: 1,505
Well, we picked up our 27RLS April 6th in Middlebury. It was made on a Friday for the record. We stayed two days in Middlebuty, everything worked great. We have been on road since then with zero issues. I have to wonder about some on here if they really own Jayco's or, sell another brand and come on to bash them. Also, some expectations are way to high for what your paying. I weight about 275 and have crawled around the roof several times, putting vent covers on, with not a single issue.. No where did the roof seem "soft". In fact, I was very impressed with the sealing job on the roof. So far after 150 days or so in the unit, I'm happy. We did replace the mattress which we had planned to do from the start.

Put us in the Happy Jayco Owners corner. I also toured several of the Jayco Factories, yes they can assemble a unit in a day, which is not hard when all the components are premade. Heck a high end car is assembles in hours...They are very efficient, and, quit professional. Do they make mistakes, of course who doesn't.? But I still like the 2 year warranty and yes, the SurPine 5/8" plywood floors and the wood truss roof with wood blocks in the truss's rather than a stapled on piece of tin.

Great value for the $. If your in Grand Rapids and really do have a Jayco you could easily drive to the factory in a few hours...talk to them face to face...hell take the unit with and show them what your talking about.. Have you ?
__________________
2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:10 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Larry G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reno (home base) Winter Eloy, AZ
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackermi View Post
haha, no comment.. It's 2015, it's not hard to test what you built. Off a cliff not quite, but when RV mfg produce crap for consumers to deal with, it shows their shortcuts. I mean, I'd pay more to not have to deal with this stuff afterwards. but. Like I have time to spend two hours tracing wires cause they hacked it up, or 4 hours getting brakes fixed and almost causing an accident.

I'm sorry, but I don't see your logic when then build less than safe and quality products.
Well...according to your profile and signature you don't even own a Jayco product or any other for that matter...maybe I missed it.

The 2 year warranty by Jayco is one of the best in the industry and I used it early on to my complete satisfaction...haven't had to use it since early on.

I know many that have had problems but don't post on the Internet because the factory has taken care of any problems.

With that Jayco, IMHO, offers a safe and quality product that they stand behind and go out of their way to satisfy their customers.

That's the logic!!!
__________________

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:54 AM   #100
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Grand rapids
Posts: 36
I am sure there are happy customers and others not quite so. I started this frustration due to the brakes and unsafe delivered nature of the RV. The other items, sure are subjective, but used this to compare my experiences with others I've owned.

To think I would come on here and rant, would assume I'm such a fanboy of another. Not so, maybe it's your dillusion of thinking these problems don't exist.

The second time I added input was after the faulty wiring. Which I showed a pic of. I'd those two items (I don't care what you say, should not be issues) were not to exist, I might not have been frustrated and left it alone.

But to think I was sold a trailer as jayco was quality, joke.

I wish that I were one of the happy ones that are on here.
__________________

Trackermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.