Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhillbilly View Post
Something smells! How did the factory shove it in for transportation to the dealer? How did dealer shove it in when you picked it up? Somewhere in its life, my 2012 Eagle had loosened the two main bolts that are used for vertical adjustment. That caused the slide not to lift up enough as it closed. Top of slide needs to raise, and touch side of unit about one inch prior to bottom. Another thing, almost all mass produced, low skilled worker items are locked in by a jig system. They are peas in a pod, and the whole run would be off. I would advise to first look for another problem then the header!
+1, I agree something does not sound right with this. I think a second opinion on the problem may be in order. Start calling Jayco 2-3 a day until some calls and tell them you want an engineer or a Jayco tech here tomorrow
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 02:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
+1, I agree something does not sound right with this. I think a second opinion on the problem may be in order. Start calling Jayco 2-3 a day until some calls and tell them you want an engineer or a Jayco tech here tomorrow
He will get further if he approaches it by asking the dealer who they talked to, then call and ask for that person. Many times since the dealer is "supposedly" working with JAYCO they will not contact the customer directly.

And as I posted earlier I totally agree. It worked when it left the factory, it worked when the dealer did their acceptance inspection on delivery, it worked when the PDI was done.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
Did you ask if a loaner was available? Maybe the dealer would lend a used unit for your trip. They usually offer their used units to employees to use on weekends, at least here they do.
When my folks ordered their new 5th wheel in 04, it was expected to be delivered in time for our first CP outing. Well, it didn't make it, but the dealer was more than willing to put them in a very nice used unit they had for that trip. I think your right Cosmik! OP, ask the dealer to step up and give you a loaner until yours if fixed. This summer vacation with your family is very important and you should not have to cancel your plans because of a warranty problem.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 03:02 PM   #24

He will get further if he approaches it by asking the dealer who they talked to, then call and ask for that person.

That is basically what I was getting at, I just didn't say it correctly I guess. Whatever the case, at this point I would be calling and not stop until I talked to someone at Jayco that can make something happen fast. They obviously have got a lot in the works and needs it fixed ASAP. I would not trust the dealer to handle it in a timely manner, that's all.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #25
Site Team

Do you have any picture's that you could post?

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #26

I finally got a call back late this afternoon from a Jayco Rep., she said they are bringing in the production team and engineers to figure out what went wrong, and how to fix the problem. I kinda wonder since they are including all these team members if there were more than just my trailer affected on the line that is now coming to light. I guess we shall see. She also stated to keep all my receipts from the trip up there and also back home, since we had to leave the trailer there, and they would re-imburse me. I am still requesting for them to buy the trailer back, but I have a feeling that will not go far.
As far as those saying to take a used trailer from the dealer, I didn't save and pay cash for a new trailer for this vacation to take a used one. It was just part of the experience of owning our first new trailer for this long vacation, that cant be replaced.
Diesel Mike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Wis. View Post
I had numerus Jamming/stalling issues with the main slide on our trailer. Long story short it went back to the factory last summer. They told me the problems were being caused because slide was way out of adjustment. So far it has been working. Although when I look at the way the seals contact the slide, things don't look square. We just hold I breath every time we extend or retract that slide.
I would measure your opening, and the dimensions of the slide. The opening height on mine is 70 1/2". The slide is 70" plus the seals are 3/4 of an inch. It doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that's not gonna work.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #28

"that cant be replaced". Exactly. I'd be very upset too, and with my previous rv missed camping trips did happen due to frequent repairs. No denying that this wasn't ideal, but when #### happens, mix it into the garden soil. You deserve a remedy, part of which should be to not miss out on your trip.
My two cents, having been there and regret not doing more than be frustrated.
Good luck in this.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #29

The trailer had to go back to the Jayco factory today, they said there was a problem when it went down the line, that some changes had been made on some specs on the line, and they made some errors. They coudnt give me specifics at this time. I asked them if there was any such thing as QC there anymore.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Mike1 View Post
... I asked them if there was any such thing as QC there anymore....
And how was your question answered?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:00 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcloss View Post
I would demand Jayco replace the entire trailer with a new one
X2
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #32

Quote:
The trailer had to go back to the Jayco factory today, they said there was a problem when it went down the line, that some changes had been made on some specs on the line, and they made some errors. They coudnt give me specifics at this time. I asked them if there was any such thing as QC there anymore.
Thanks for bringing us up to date.

So they recognized their error(s). A good sign. I'm sure they didn't say if only your unit encountered the problem or if many units were involved.

Any mention on the loss of using your trailer and its impact to your vacation?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Thanks for bringing us up to date.

So they recognized their error(s). A good sign. I'm sure they didn't say if only your unit encountered the problem or if many units were involved.

Any mention on the loss of using your trailer and its impact to your vacation?
They didn't say whether other units were impacted or not, im suppose to here from them, the first of next week about more specific details. They said they were making it a priority to get fixed since I just bought it and only had it for a couple days. They are shooting to get it done by the 15th. They did said they were sorry for the vacation plans that had to be cancelled, but words only go so far.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:18 AM   #34

Originally Posted by Diesel Mike1
... I asked them if there was any such thing as QC there anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
And how was your question answered?
They said, of course we do. I replied that some QC employees need to be in a different line of employment then.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Mike, owe you an apology for being so skeptical.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:16 AM   #36

I think we all expect some small imperfections on a new trailer; maybe a piece of moulding needing an extra staple, or a small adjustment on a cabinet door; but this example is extreme... Jayco should be swapping that trailer out for a new one, then they can take their time figuring out why they botched it on the assembly line. I'm a bit shocked that Jayco is not stepping up more than this... that is clearly a major manufacturing flaw (disaster is more like it) and they should be unwilling to let a customer take that unit after discovering their mistake. Where is the pride of craftsmanship? That unit should be fixed and sold off to a dealer as a refurbished unit, not returned to the customer as a patched up rig. That's not why you order brand new from the factory.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #37

I agree. Is there a link that we Jayco owners can express our opinions and dissatisfaction on how this matter has been handled by them? Would be quite willing to shoot them an email of what I think about it and I'm sure others would be too!
gloryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #38

Social media does sometimes have an impact and Jayco does maintain a Facebook page...

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:29 AM   #39

Unfortunately I don't do Facebook!
gloryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #40

I have asked for a buy back, but that fell on deaf ears. If you want to voice your thoughts on the issue to Jayco, you can call them at 574-825-5861 and ask for extension 2537, that is Matt Thompson's, the president of the tow divisions extension. You would probably have to leave a voice mail message. They will want to know the last 8 digits of the serial # of the trailer for reference, which is E1PN0076. I appreciate all the support everyone, thank you!