Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #1

Major failure with Brand New 2015 FLSA Gray Water Tank!

Well, The first chance we have had to use the new coach was this weekend. With the kitchen grey water tank 1/3rd full on Saturday night we heard a loud noise and noticed water coming out of the belly box door and the whole underlining hanging down. I was able to remove the inspection cover on the belly box wall and see the front tank torn thru the mounts and hanging down. Called a on site repair guy to assist and found all plumbing connections snapped complete belly soaked with the water from the leaking tank. Removed line and suspended tank with a couple ratchet straps and added some screws to hold the liner up to make the trip home.

I cannot believe this is happening with a brand new trailer. Nor do I believe this is a repair I have confidence in a dealer making. Anyone have any suggestions or dealt with this before?
Fitter48093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Site Team

It happens. No reason the dealer can't make the repairs.
Still no excuse for the tank not being secure.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:53 PM   #3

That is a big bummer. I really think Jayco needs to re-evaluate their QC program at the factory. If you ever get a chance to do a factory tour in Middlebury you will definitely see it is more about how fast can you get the job done. I don't have a problem with that but I didn't ever see or hear them talk about how they do quality control checks throughout different stages of production. I can't remember the term but the workers are given a daily quota to meet and when they reach their quota they are done for the day. I was told by the factory rep that this was primarily done to accommodate the Amish workforce so they could start early and then get home to tend to their work on their farms. I know the workers at the plant are very skilled in what they do but i feel this will ultimately lead to quality issues similar to what Fitter is experiencing with his gray water tank which is unfortunate because his dealer now has to deal with the problem that should have been prevented at the factory.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote