Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #1

Mattress

Can someone tell me the difference between a standard mattress and an upgrade to a Jayco Luxury sleep that comes with advantage optional package
Camper2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:31 PM   #2

Dunno, but ours has a Denver mattress and is it COMFY!!!!, as good as our Temperpedic if not better...
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #3

Mattress

We had a Denver mattress which we kept for about 3 nights, a pile of crap, we bought a proper mattress. My advice would be to get what comes with the trailer, do not get the upgrade, because you will probably have to buy a proper one. Jayco should give a credit, and keep the junk.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #4

Mattress

Just took our 2016 Jayco Eagle 291 RLTS out. We bought the 3 inch foam top from Costco That did the trick Great sleep , stock mattress simply does not have enough padding .
Mangort1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #5

I'd have to say the Denver mattress in our new Eagle is the most comfortable RV mattress we've had. In the past we've done the toppers, but this one is good as is.
Krusegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #6

I think the real lesson here is one the inventor of the Sleep Number bed discovered a long time ago. The ancient Egyptians slept on a stone slab with a stone pillow and thought it was comfortable (we assume since they kept doing it), people who bought water-beds in the '60's and '70's thought sinking into a super soft bed was comfortable. To each his own.

Our first night on the Denver Mattress, the wife and I "slept like an Egyptian" and went out the very next day and bought a 4 inch memory foam topper. NOW we sleep. But, as evidenced above - others think the Denver Mattress is outstanding.

Bottom line - you'll have to try it and decide and then make adjustments
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:41 AM   #7

We slept in our new 29.5 BHDS this past weekend for the first time. It was comfy, but I did put a 3" pillow topper on it from our old TT. The mattress was by far better than our old TT bed, so we are happy with it.

My Mods Page
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-35390.html
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:11 AM   #8

I've mentioned this in several other posts, but I'll say it again: After reading several mattress posts, here, I went out and bought a 3" memory foam topper for my (non-pillow-top) Denver mattress even before I ever slept on it. After 3 nights, I kept rolling into the "depression" my body left in the memory foam. Then I read a post where the poster said they put the memory foam topper underneath the mattress - like a box spring. I did that, then added a 1" corrugated foam mattress topper (left over from my old camper) on top of the mattress to make it a "pillow top".

This combination is the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on!

I contend the reason the mattress in your trailer/MH/FW is not very comfortable, is because it's setting on top of plywood. So, if you've invested in a memory foam topper and don't like the result, try putting it under the mattress. I think you'll like the result. I sure do!
Old 05-11-2016, 06:06 AM   #9

I bought one of these. Once we started factoring the costs associated with making the crappy Denver mattress something decent, we just punted.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Cloud-...rch_detailpage

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Then I read a post where the poster said they put the memory foam topper underneath the mattress - like a box spring. I did that, then added a 1" corrugated foam mattress topper (left over from my old camper) on top of the mattress to make it a "pillow top".
I never liked memory foam mattresses/toppers. If your a tossser and turner... you cant move around on them much due to the indent. However I love this idea!
BTW.. Our Denver mattress has already wore out on us. we are not big people but we have already worn what I like to call "body grooves" into both sides of ours within the first year. It was comfy though for the first few months but now we feel like were sleeping directly on the plywood. these are not built to last in my opinion.
CaldwellOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:08 AM   #11

This old Infantry soldier knows a thing or two about sleeping, I will tell you no matter what you sleep on, getting used to sleeping with rain hitting you in the face is the biggest challenge. And after 26 years of hard on the ground I found 2 mattresses that allow me to NOT wake up in more pain than I go to bed with. The Denver we have in our new Eagle HT ranks up there with the very best nights sleep I have ever had. No pain and as long as I can move by myself I am not taking the pills or the wheelchair the VA keeps trying to give me, the Denver works!
'17 Forrest River Cedar Creek Silverback RE
'17 F 350 CC, LB SRW King Ranch
'16 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS GONE!
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote