Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2016, 12:03 PM   #11

I prefer the Max Air II.. They are hinged and open by removing 2 pins.. So easy when you want to clean around the vent. I was told by maxair that you will not damage your motor when it hits the covers. The motor will stop when it feels resistance and is designed with having cover in mind. Also, the max air fans are already set-up to accept the Max Air II taking the guess work out of where to drill your holes and making installation so easy. I use the Max Air II over both Maxair Fans, and Max Air I over the loft, non-fan vent. (If I didn't already have from previous setup I probably would have gotten Max Air II for the loft too)

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #12
Site Team

The II has a larger vent in the back. I have had both and I like the Maxxair II.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
In my opinion, the II's aren't worth the extra $$. Both do the exact same thing. The manufacturer makes it sound like they're sooo much better than the regular cover. When it comes down to it, air is entering the same size hole into the TT. I just don't see spending the extra money when it can be used for other things. Like beer.
The purpose of a MaxAir vent "cover" is to allow you to keep vent cap open when it rains. The air flow thru an opening dependent on several things and resistance is one. Without a vent cover you would be correct, only so much air is going to be vented based on outside wind and inside venting caused when you open windows to let air flow in or out. The issue with needing the Maxair II is based on if you want to add a fantastic or similar fan to the vent opening. Try blowing thru a straw and then do the same thing thru a 1" piece of pvc of the same length. The bigger opening allows air to be moved easier thru the bigger pipe when you try to blow into them. The fantastic fan is trying to push air out or pull it in and the size of the vent opening in the vent cover WILL impact the amount of the air it can move. The fan will have to push harder if you install the regular vent cover and that can lead to early failure of the fan.

No vent cover [just the vent cap] and a certain amount of air will flow. At a hi flow fan with no vent cover and you'll get soaked at night if it rains. Use the smaller cover and you risk failure of the fan motor and will restrict the air flow.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #14

The II's hinged open feature was the selling point for me. I don't open often, a couple time a year for cleaning, but being able to open without tools was work the $.
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #15

I do appreciate all of the feedback from my fellow JOF folks. It is always a pleasure to get information from such knowledgable people that are as passionate about their RVs as I am. Thank you all for the responses.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #16

One other option is the Fantastic vent-Ultra Breeze. Goodgle it and check the video on its air flow capability vs the Max Air II.
DHARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:59 AM   #17

DHARO.. I watched the video and I do like what I see. The Fantastic cover seems to be about the same cost as the Maxx II. Certainly have some decisions to make. Thanks for the info.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote