Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2021, 03:43 PM   #1

MaxxAire Fan Issues

After installing our new MaxxAire fan, we're having issues. It's remote controlled. Now every time we try to use it it beeps about 12 times and shuts down. I have to pull the fuse for the bathroom to reset it but every time I try to open it it opens, turns the fan on then beeps and shuts down. Anybody know what might be going on?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 04:06 PM   #2

Verify that you have the black wire connected to power and the white wire grounded. My best friend just had the same problem and I resolved it by correcting his wiring. His logic was its DC so polarity doesn't matter...

Also verify that you have a fully charged battery. My Maxxaire is very sensitive to voltage drops.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Verify that you have the black wire connected to power and the white wire grounded. My best friend just had the same problem and I resolved it by correcting his wiring. His logic was its DC so polarity doesn't matter...

Also verify that you have a fully charged battery. My Maxxaire is very sensitive to voltage drops.
Ok, our first couple of trips the fan did fine, worked normal. Then it started acting up. This trip, it won't stay open, shuts down and won't work until fuse is removed and reinserted. I would think if it's wired incorrectly it would have acted up right off the bat???? Also, it does it while hooked up to shore power to include just battery power. But I will "recheck" the wiring. I'm sure I have it wired correctly as I made sure when removing the old fan.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #4

Sadly if all that checks out its likely a bad control board. I'm not sure if its replaceable without removing the fan but would hope so. I'd hate to have to pull my fan out after I just installed it.

2022 33RBTS
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Old 03-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Sadly if all that checks out its likely a bad control board. I'm not sure if its replaceable without removing the fan but would hope so. I'd hate to have to pull my fan out after I just installed it.
I was hoping it wouldn't be the control board. Several months ago I called MaxxAire CS and was told I had to have a dealer that installs them look at it and I would have to pay labor to have it checked out. Such sh**y customer service if you ask me.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
I was hoping it wouldn't be the control board. Several months ago I called MaxxAire CS and was told I had to have a dealer that installs them look at it and I would have to pay labor to have it checked out. Such sh**y customer service if you ask me.
Yeah I agree - That's nuts. I know when my buddy has his issue and we thought it was the control board etrailercom had several different boards for MaxxAire fans. Might be worth giving them a look. Their customer service s very good and the staff is pretty knowledgeable.

2022 33RBTS
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Old 03-07-2021, 07:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Yeah I agree - That's nuts. I know when my buddy has his issue and we thought it was the control board etrailercom had several different boards for MaxxAire fans. Might be worth giving them a look. Their customer service s very good and the staff is pretty knowledgeable.
Well last night, more troubleshooting. I found out I can turn the fan on manually on the fan itself, and it opened up and ran. Then I shut it off at the fan and everything was fine. So I wonder if it's the remote that's causing issues. I'm gonna put new batteries in it and check it again. We'll see.