Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #1

Missing grey tank handle

So we took delivery of our 29.5bhds last Sunday and did a fairly thorough PDI. One thing I missed was that the grey tank 1 was reading full. I had drained the front and rear outlets for the grey water and figured this was a sensor issue. The tech told me the shower and bathroom sink drain to the front and the kitchen and outdoor kitchen drain to the rear.

We’re out camping this weekend and the kitchen sink starts backing up like the tank was full. I drain both grey tanks using the two valves I can see. I figure it’s an obstruction or a kinked hose at the tank. My friend finds a post about the grey tanks on this model and reads about a third valve/handle near the rear axle. We look and there is no third handle anywhere. I drop a section of the underbelly plastic and see the handle/cable laying on the plastic underbelly. Yep, never installed and the factory also did not put the grey tank decal midship.

I mounted the handle on the auto level jack bracket and now all is good.

Go figure.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:27 PM   #2

Dealer told me the same about mine and it was wrong. 29.5BHOK has three grey tanks, not two. The front grey tank is for the shower and bathroom sink. The middle one (#2 on the control panel) is for the kitchen sink. The rear one is for the outside kitchen (has it's own level gauge in the outside kitchen).

The front and middle tanks drain through the 'main' sewer connection. On mine the middle grey tank handle is black, but, has a label that says Grey. There is a second sewer connection at the back of the trailer that drains the rear grey tank.

Sounds a bit confusing but it is kinda logical the way the trailer is laid out.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:16 AM   #3

I would be willing to bet that you don't have a grey tank for your outdoor kitchen. I have a 351 RSQS and.was told that that I had 3rd grey tank for the ODK. Come to find out i dont.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I would be willing to bet that you don't have a grey tank for your outdoor kitchen. I have a 351 RSQS and.was told that that I had 3rd grey tank for the ODK. Come to find out i dont.
I don’t know if there’s a standard tank, but I can tell you it’s separate from tanks 1 and 2 and I do know it has its own gauge that will show empty even when tanks 1 and 2 read unempty. It’s possible it’s just pipe back there to hold water. Whatever it is, it’s not a lot of capacity but more than a couple sink fulls.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #5

same here
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #6

After investigating that's what mine is, you have 6 to 8 gallons that collects in the sink basin and drain pipe.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote