Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #301

Mods to 377 RLBH?

My ceiling fan install. Dustin.ford beat me to the punch [emoji3]

Here's what I got from lowes.

My original 4 blade fan that barely moved any air

New Hunter fan installed

Much better air circulation now. Should really help the AC during hot summer campouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #302

Looks great. Meanwhile today I was trading in my 15 2500HD high country for the 16 3500HD dually high country. AND I forgot to take my airbags off, that $400 bucks that's coming out of the camper funds. Looks like the water softener and drinking water purifier for the kitchen sink are on hold. Luckily, I finally got that TV installed into the loft. AND now that I've discussed adding the television to the loft I have met my MODS to 377rlbh requirement. And should not be the reason behind an OFF TOPIC number.
Dustin.Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin.Ford View Post
Looks great. Meanwhile today I was trading in my 15 2500HD high country for the 16 3500HD dually high country. AND I forgot to take my airbags off, that $400 bucks that's coming out of the camper funds. Looks like the water softener and drinking water purifier for the kitchen sink are on hold. Luckily, I finally got that TV installed into the loft. AND now that I've discussed adding the television to the loft I have met my MODS to 377rlbh requirement. And should not be the reason behind an OFF TOPIC number.

Man I wish I could upgrade to a '16 truck! Jealous! You may not need the airbags on the dually. I've also hit my mod limit...unless it's at the wife's suggestion. Hopefully my subliminal hints will work [emoji3]

Old 06-12-2016, 07:19 PM   #304

I think one of the best mods I did was the manual dimmer I put on the main awning...and it only cost 4 dollars.
If I want it bright I can turn on awning 2, and if I need even more bright turn the dimmer up.
Leave the lights on for fire time and on all night.. 1/3 dimmer mood lighting.

Jayco should really add this for the couple bucks it costs.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I think one of the best mods I did was the manual dimmer I put on the main awning...and it only cost 4 dollars.
If I want it bright I can turn on awning 2, and if I need even more bright turn the dimmer up.
Leave the lights on for fire time and on all night.. 1/3 dimmer mood lighting.

Jayco should really add this for the couple bucks it costs.
Did you post details on how to do this somewhere?

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #306

After what seemed like an eternity our new camper was delivered saturday morning. Besides not being able to find the water supply turn on for the ice maker, everything went well. Even managed to get of bunch of mods done. Put the struts on overhead cabinets, maxair vent covers on roof, installed 39" tv in bunk room and moved the 32" furrion up into the loft (tight fit but DS loves it)

If Jayco can't help me locate second water valve for icemaker(found 1 behind drawer next to fridge, one under sink not there) I am considering hooking a hose up to the low point drain for the fridge. There is a barbed fitting there so should be fairly easy to solve the problem this way. Am I correct thinking this will work?

One other thing, the shower drains extremely slow. Going to bring up plunger next weekend and see if that helps.. Something could have been dropped in drain during assembly?

Also next weekend I am removing living room TV from its mount and putting in on an articulating mount. I will also be raising it a few inches so the soundbar will fit underneath. This takes away the ability to retract TV into the cabinet, but not a concern since we are seasonal and we are not going to be traveling. If all goes well TV will be at the edge of counter so it can be seen from all angles.

Thanks again to everyone here for some great ideas!!

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
Did you post details on how to do this somewhere?
There was a thread about dimmers
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...hts-27671.html

Some guys opted for the remote dimmer and cut the awning light wires outside at the light to install.
Some, like me, opted for the manual "knob" style dimmer and hunted down the wires inside the trailer to install.
I put my dimmer just inside the basement door the basement wall so I can adjust it when I'm outside.
I didn't want the remote dimmer others were using because the remote would last one time then be lost.

I can give you more info if you are interested in doing it.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYer View Post
After what seemed like an eternity our new camper was delivered saturday morning. Besides not being able to find the water supply turn on for the ice maker, everything went well. Even managed to get of bunch of mods done. Put the struts on overhead cabinets, maxair vent covers on roof, installed 39" tv in bunk room and moved the 32" furrion up into the loft (tight fit but DS loves it)

If Jayco can't help me locate second water valve for icemaker(found 1 behind drawer next to fridge, one under sink not there) I am considering hooking a hose up to the low point drain for the fridge. There is a barbed fitting there so should be fairly easy to solve the problem this way. Am I correct thinking this will work?

One other thing, the shower drains extremely slow. Going to bring up plunger next weekend and see if that helps.. Something could have been dropped in drain during assembly?

Also next weekend I am removing living room TV from its mount and putting in on an articulating mount. I will also be raising it a few inches so the soundbar will fit underneath. This takes away the ability to retract TV into the cabinet, but not a concern since we are seasonal and we are not going to be traveling. If all goes well TV will be at the edge of counter so it can be seen from all angles.

Thanks again to everyone here for some great ideas!!
Upstate, attaching the hose to the low point drain will work, but becareful...if they ran the hose over to where the valve was expected to be under the sink floor and failed to install the valve, then you could have a hose with nothing on the end and a bunch of water shooting into the belly of your new rig.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:43 AM   #309

I put color dimmable LED lights on mine and they are much better than the bright white.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...lor-35966.html
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #310

Got some solid work done on the 377 today.

I got the solar controller back from the mfgr, so I re-mounted and tested it, and the interior remote panel for it. Both work flawlessly now. I can't say enough about Marc Loring, at Rogue Power Technology. He took in a five year old controller, diagnosed the problem, replaced a failed capacitor, updated the firmware, and sent it all back, and THEN called it all "warranty" work! Most bigger companies would have told me that it wasn't reparable, tossed it in the trash, and tried to sell me another. Rogue, and Marc, clearly understand "customer service"!

I also opened up the back-side of the water / utility control panel. I changed-out the faucet to the faucet discussed earlier in this thread, with the removable coiled hose. I also added a ShurFlo Water Accumulator, to keep the water pump from cycling every time that a faucet is opened. Had one on my old TT, and really liked the results, so I added one here.

A small box arrived by UPS and it was my new TST 507 Flo-through TPS System. Almost dark now, so I'll install it another day. But I can start reading-up on it tonight! Finally, a HUGE box arrived by UPS, and it's all of the new dishes, glasses, utensils, etc that the wife ordered to "update" the kitchen. She's unpacking the box, into the dishwasher, as I type.....

Old 06-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #311

The outside shower faucet swap is a must.
When you had the pipes and water pump exposed, did you happen to notice if your hose to the water pump was sucked in flat?
Mine was almost sucked flat, so I replaced it with pex.

Also did you read the side of the hoses that come off the hot water tank?
"NOT FOR USE WITH HOT WATER"
Oh well....
Old 06-15-2016, 08:58 PM   #312

Didn't notice the not for hot water, but the flattened hose, I looked at, figuring that's a project of the fortune. What I didn't look at was from the valve where're flattened hose terminates, back to the tank. What does that hose look like?

Old 06-16-2016, 05:11 AM   #313

That's funny... I never looked at that one.
It must have been ok or I would have noticed it was flattened.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:15 AM   #314

Two more mods completed last night. Added the door struts to the overhead cabinets over the living room television, so that the cabinet doors stay open when you are adjusting radio, or in the storage cabinet. Excellent $7.00 modification. Now I just need to pick-up six more struts, for the three overhead cabinets over the recliners and the three in the bunk room.

Also, wife was worried about stuff falling from shelves in mbr nose cabinet, so I installed three lightweight tailgate nets (Walmart or any auto parts outlet) to hold things in place, but be easily removable, for access.

Next project: real towel bars, tp holder, etc for the bathroom....

Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #315

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	24915

Picture came out sideways, but my son was complaining that his feet hurt going up to the loft and I agreed. Solved by getting 3 pieces of wood, using countersink bit and adding them on top of existing round slats. Best upgrade yet! No more painful feet!! Lol

Old 06-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #316

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	24916

Installed 39" insignia and sound with sub in bunk room. One of last weeks projects..

Old 06-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #317

32" from bunk room to loft.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 06-18-2016, 05:17 AM   #318

Nice work UpstateNYer. I like the stair mod!

Old 06-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #319

Door struts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
Two more mods completed last night. Added the door struts to the overhead cabinets over the living room television, so that the cabinet doors stay open when you are adjusting radio, or in the storage cabinet. Excellent $7.00 modification. Now I just need to pick-up six more struts, for the three overhead cabinets over the recliners and the three in the bunk room.

Also, wife was worried about stuff falling from shelves in mbr nose cabinet, so I installed three lightweight tailgate nets (Walmart or any auto parts outlet) to hold things in place, but be easily removable, for access.

Next project: real towel bars, tp holder, etc for the bathroom....
Fire Instructor can you tell me what length the struts need to be?
That's one other thing I need to also do.

Thanks
Jack
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
Fire Instructor can you tell me what length the struts need to be?

That's one other thing I need to also do.

Thanks

Jack

See post #27 in this thread. Page 2 [emoji3]