Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2021, 09:38 PM   #3841

Quote:
Originally Posted by slhawkins View Post
I saw your mod for the black vent rings and gap sealing, already purchased the tape! I also just watched a Grand Design AC Mod video you posted, I assume that's what you mean about the intake/exhaust divider. I didn't get a chance to see if the dealer did it (I assume not?), but I'll also need to look at the evaporator coils and see if they need a good cleaning.

The plan is to head to Nova Scotia next month and then work our way towards Tennesse for Thanksgiving, so we'll probably manage to stay away from too much crazy heat until next year. The wife has other fun ideas we can spend money on like replacing the kitchen island with a slightly longer one and a large workstation w/apron sink... So maybe that'll get some attention first.

Thanks Tom!

The divider is just the piece of foam the separates the two sides. If you want to take it to the next level, then you’d do the mod like the DIY airflow system in that video. If you’re only going to be north of Tennessee, I’d say you’re going to be fine with 2 ACs. Checking the coils is a great idea as well.

I too have been thinking of changing the island and adding a farm sink.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 12:30 PM   #3842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
The divider is just the piece of foam the separates the two sides. If you want to take it to the next level, then you’d do the mod like the DIY airflow system in that video. If you’re only going to be north of Tennessee, I’d say you’re going to be fine with 2 ACs. Checking the coils is a great idea as well.

I too have been thinking of changing the island and adding a farm sink.
Great! We'll be in Florida and Texas for a few months after that, but not while it's burning up hot.

Have you looked at any options for your farm sink? The biggest issue I saw is that my residential fridge sticks out a bit too much, so I need to move the sink towards the back a bit. I'm considering a butcher block countertop since I can easily cut and clean up anything I need to. They're a bit heavy, but it might be the easiest thing to use on such short notice instead of going custom. I'm also looking for solid drop-leaf hardware so I can install a second butcher block on the dining table side of the counter. The dining table is being removed most likely, and that'll give us more counter space that doubles as counter height seating.

I know we're getting a bit crazy, but I wouldn't mind installing a dishwasher while I'm at it. I pick up the RV tomorrow morning and will take a look at my options for splitting the current cabinets (I didn't see if they are one piece or two) and putting in a new backing.
slhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:47 PM   #3843

Quote:
Great! We'll be in Florida and Texas for a few months after that, but not while it's burning up hot.

Have you looked at any options for your farm sink? The biggest issue I saw is that my residential fridge sticks out a bit too much, so I need to move the sink towards the back a bit. I'm considering a butcher block countertop since I can easily cut and clean up anything I need to. They're a bit heavy, but it might be the easiest thing to use on such short notice instead of going custom. I'm also looking for solid drop-leaf hardware so I can install a second butcher block on the dining table side of the counter. The dining table is being removed most likely, and that'll give us more counter space that doubles as counter height seating.

I know we're getting a bit crazy, but I wouldn't mind installing a dishwasher while I'm at it. I pick up the RV tomorrow morning and will take a look at my options for splitting the current cabinets (I didn't see if they are one piece or two) and putting in a new backing.

I haven’t looked too deeply into farm sinks yet. I know you can get the RV version but I’d prefer residential. I too have considered the butcher block and totally reconfiguring the island. I’ve also thought of just getting a large single bowl sink instead of an apron front (farm) sink. I need to really plan out my design and my wife’s wishlist to see if I really want to do it or not.

Good luck with your new trailer. Looking forward to seeing how you make it your own.

Old 07-12-2021, 09:04 AM   #3844

New tires, new sink drains (previous owner caulked one..), new kitchen faucet and soap dispenser, modded the air vents, and new cat litter area built minus some finishing. Nicole noticed some of the cabinet paint from the previous owners was pealing, so she starting poking around. She was able to remove an entire section of paint along the side of the refrigerator enclosure in one piece, so she's pulling up whatever comes easily and will then sand and repaint.

I've got a few big things left:
  • EMS - it's prepped and ready to install
  • Ring Security - I bought a kit and camera, it might go in today
  • Bedroom Flooring - I'm going to replace the floor carpet (not closet) in the bedroom with vinyl planks.
  • Loft - The cats will use this space, and I want to ensure I know if there's a mess up there... I've ripped out the carpet already and will install the same planks here.
  • Control Panel - I'll light the existing one up, and will be adding a second one on the right side for the EMS, Ring, and anything else that comes up.
  • Internet Install - This is the big question. I need to install a ~10" in diameter antenna and am curious if anyone else has done so and where they put it. I'll have the internet equipment behind the new control panel.

Nicole decided not to go with a new kitchen island yet, as she wants to see how she adjusts to the existing one. So we're going to keep the stock sink for now.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:30 AM   #3845

Quote:
New tires, new sink drains (previous owner caulked one..), new kitchen faucet and soap dispenser, modded the air vents, and new cat litter area built minus some finishing. Nicole noticed some of the cabinet paint from the previous owners was pealing, so she starting poking around. She was able to remove an entire section of paint along the side of the refrigerator enclosure in one piece, so she's pulling up whatever comes easily and will then sand and repaint.

I've got a few big things left:
  • EMS - it's prepped and ready to install
  • Ring Security - I bought a kit and camera, it might go in today
  • Bedroom Flooring - I'm going to replace the floor carpet (not closet) in the bedroom with vinyl planks.
  • Loft - The cats will use this space, and I want to ensure I know if there's a mess up there... I've ripped out the carpet already and will install the same planks here.
  • Control Panel - I'll light the existing one up, and will be adding a second one on the right side for the EMS, Ring, and anything else that comes up.
  • Internet Install - This is the big question. I need to install a ~10" in diameter antenna and am curious if anyone else has done so and where they put it. I'll have the internet equipment behind the new control panel.

Nicole decided not to go with a new kitchen island yet, as she wants to see how she adjusts to the existing one. So we're going to keep the stock sink for now.
Are you installing Star Link?? Are they letting people be mobile??
Wowens79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:03 AM   #3846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowens79 View Post
Are you installing Star Link?? Are they letting people be mobile??
I wish! I've got an antenna and Pepwave device. Takes up to 4 sim cards, two can be in use at once. Once Starlink comes out for RVs... it'll be a whole new ballgame.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:57 AM   #3847

2020 377, I recently grabbed 12V power from the over head lights in the bathroom and snaked that power over to the cavernous cabinets. I then grabbed a 16' length of LED strip lights and placed it in the cabinets. now we can see to the very back.

1 16' LED light strip
4 butt splice connectors
3' of 18AWG wire

and about 2 hours to dress it all in.

SO HAPPY with this mod EVERYTIME we have to get something out of the cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4018.jpg   IMG_4019.jpg   IMG_4310.jpg   IMG_4311.jpg  

2020 North Point 377 RLBH
2021 RAM 4500 Laramie 8' dually bed
Wife, Kiddo, RIP our beloved Pitbull Jemma :(.
Wind Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #3848

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Bandit View Post
2020 377, I recently grabbed 12V power from the over head lights in the bathroom and snaked that power over to the cavernous cabinets. I then grabbed a 16' length of LED strip lights and placed it in the cabinets. now we can see to the very back.

1 16' LED light strip
4 butt splice connectors
3' of 18AWG wire

and about 2 hours to dress it all in.

SO HAPPY with this mod EVERYTIME we have to get something out of the cabinet.

Sweet mod! Did you run a separate switch or does the cabinet lights come on with the overhead lights? I may need to copy this, lol!

Old 07-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #3849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Sweet mod! Did you run a separate switch or does the cabinet lights come on with the overhead lights? I may need to copy this, lol!
same switch, no issue, the door is closed most of the time, I did illuminate the lower two cabinets as well. this should have been done at the factory just like the pantry lights.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:51 PM   #3850

I added a bulk reef supply 5 stage RO water filter under the kitchen sink, I left the in belly water jug system in tact and plumbed it in a way where valves can be turned off and on to utilize either system in its full capacity.

very happy to get near perfect water out of some of these awful camp ground water supplies.

cost ~$300 or so in total. the system. plus a shark bite T for supply water connection. and then a pack of various push lock 1/4" fittings and valves.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3922.jpg   64316203939__072C1EDE-4675-4A78-9926-D81520217B16.jpg   IMG_4312.jpg  

Old 07-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #3851

I moved the TV from the mid bunk room to the outside locker that houses the beer fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1945.jpg   IMG_1946.jpg  

Old 07-31-2021, 09:46 AM   #3852

I built these jack blocks because I couldn't bring myself to buy the ones from the man for $275!!!!

Made these for 50$ or so if memory serves correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1905.jpg   IMG_1906.jpg  

Old 07-31-2021, 09:47 AM   #3853

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Wow that’s a nice fit! Big area. Like it. Our 2017 377 won’t fit there as a smaller area. Ha. Still I keep most of my beer in the tinier fridge.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:51 AM   #3854

I added additional string lights to the basement area.
I added an additional motion activated/switched on light to this side of the basement by the vacuum.
I also added lights to the propane lockers and to the front garage area that would normally house the generator.

seems to be a trend here, I either can't see in the dark or just love LED lighting... lol
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1942.jpg   IMG_1944.jpg   IMG_1940.jpg   IMG_1943.jpg   IMG_1941.jpg  

Old 07-31-2021, 09:52 AM   #3855

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Nice jack blocks idea. I’d think about reinforcing the corners a little better. With 2K lbs on each block, lots of weight, my 2x8 blocks crack over time.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:50 PM   #3856

Over the past few weeks (Months?) I have read the entire 3855 posts in here....

I believe I've made a list with a solid $5k worth of thing to adapt to my 242bhsw from here. You all have some fantastic ideas!
ctardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #3857

Quote:
I added additional string lights to the basement area.
I added an additional motion activated/switched on light to this side of the basement by the vacuum.
I also added lights to the propane lockers and to the front garage area that would normally house the generator.

seems to be a trend here, I either can't see in the dark or just love LED lighting... lol
Hi,
I love these light upgrades! Where did you tap into the power?

Although it’s all low-voltage, did you notice your new lights being a drag on the power?

Ty in advance!
arizonastatealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:03 PM   #3858

Quote:
I added additional string lights to the basement area. I added an additional motion activated/switched on light to this side of the basement by the vacuum. I also added lights to the propane lockers and to the front garage area that would normally house the generator. seems to be a trend here, I either can't see in the dark or just love LED lighting... lol
Way too cool! What motion activated light did you use in the basement and what type of light in the propane compartment. I got to do this!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 05:05 PM   #3859

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Way too cool! What motion activated light did you use in the basement and what type of light in the propane compartment. I got to do this!
this is the light I purchased, I should have purchased black, o well. other than that a near perfect match.
https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Lightin...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

for basement lights some stringlights like these. but in whatever color temperature you like.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Old 10-13-2021, 05:13 PM   #3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonastatealum View Post
Hi,
I love these light upgrades! Where did you tap into the power?

Although it’s all low-voltage, did you notice your new lights being a drag on the power?

Ty in advance!
for the bathroom cabinet lights I tapped in to the overhead ceiling lights and snaked some 12VDC to the top of the cabinet.

for power draw, no adverse effects yet.

there is 12VDC all over the place so adding lighting in these things is a breeze.