Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2016, 03:31 PM   #421

Dan

Hopefully your wife will be so impressed that she'll overlook having to do the clean up [emoji3]
At least that's how it works for me (sometimes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Just finished doing mine this afternoon. Tom the stain color is a near perfect match...Thank you.

My only problem will come later with my wife observers the mess I left for her to clean up! I figured it would be easier cleanup, since it's so HOT here right now, most of the wood particles and dust were stuck to my puddles of sweat!
Best mod I have done to date! My son loves the new steps... And I must admit I am a pretty big fan too.. hahah

UpstateNYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:00 PM   #423

I forgot to take a picture before I left (it was hot inside). The only thing I did different was take a router to the top edges and round them off.

Thanks to another thread on here about the A/C mod and the fact that I have all the parts already here at the house, I'll be back at the storage facility after work tomorrow. It never ends, but at least Tom is WAY ahead of the pack!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #424

How do you take off the outside shower faucet? I wanna replace it

Bret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #425

If you take down the basement wall you should be able to get behind it to unscrew the connectors.
I can do it on my model but maybe you can't on the 377. Should be able to though.
If not then you can take off all the levers, unscrew the valves and unscrew the plate that the valves are attached to and get behind that way.

Taking down the wall is easier though. Plus you can check for leaks back there too and see what else jayco left sloppy.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
If you take down the basement wall you should be able to get behind it to unscrew the connectors.
I can do it on my model but maybe you can't on the 377. Should be able to though.
If not then you can take off all the levers, unscrew the valves and unscrew the plate that the valves are attached to and get behind that way.

Taking down the wall is easier though. Plus you can check for leaks back there too and see what else jayco left sloppy.

Ohh ok. I thought maybe I had to take the white plate off where the city water connection is. Good news! Thanks!

Old 07-28-2016, 03:19 PM   #427

I've got a 4 1/2 year old who plans on sleeping in the loft bunk. Does anyone have any idea on how I can mod the entrance above the ladder to prevent rolling out in the middle of the night? I think she'll be okay, but it's a big drop if she were to get too close!

2016 Jayco NorthPoint 377RLBH
Mom, Dad, Two kiddoes (soon to be three) and two furry kids
CassRose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #428

Quote:

Take the panel off on the left side, from the basement. Held on by 10 or 12 screws, as I recall....

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:56 PM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassRose47 View Post
I've got a 4 1/2 year old who plans on sleeping in the loft bunk. Does anyone have any idea on how I can mod the entrance above the ladder to prevent rolling out in the middle of the night? I think she'll be okay, but it's a big drop if she were to get too close!
We added a safety bed railing and it holds our 3 year old great. It has legs that go under the mattress and we just slide it back to the built in railing during the day and when she crawls in we slide it to the wall to prevent her rolling out

http://www.target.com/p/summer-infan...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassRose47 View Post
My 11 yo daughter sleeps in the loft so I don't think I can be much help, but we bought an adjustable curtain rod and my wife made a curtain (out of fabric from Joanne's) to fit the rod/opening of the loft and she's good to go. She'll sleep till 10 am if we let her! My 8 yo daughter sleeps in the sofa bed in the bunk room.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
Take the panel off on the left side, from the basement. Held on by 10 or 12 screws, as I recall....

Thank you very much lol

Old 07-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
Thank you very much lol

That looks familiar!! Welcome to the 377 world!!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 PM   #433

Quote:
Thank you very much lol

"That there's an RV, Clark!"

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:52 PM   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
We added a safety bed railing and it holds our 3 year old great. It has legs that go under the mattress and we just slide it back to the built in railing during the day and when she crawls in we slide it to the wall to prevent her rolling out

http://www.target.com/p/summer-infan...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

We actually have that in our laundry room unused right now!! I'll be putting it in the camper tomorrow!! Great idea! Thank you!

2016 Jayco NorthPoint 377RLBH
Mom, Dad, Two kiddoes (soon to be three) and two furry kids
CassRose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #435

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
That looks familiar!! Welcome to the 377 world!!

Thanks! Couldnt be happier it just showed up Wednesday! I've been modding non stop after work. Some of which I'm a little nervous about... Like the hunter ceiling fan weighing too much or my terrible wire nutting skills. But hopefully this weekend I get through everything and bombard everything with pics! I

Old 07-29-2016, 03:20 AM   #436

About the 2017 model's ice maker mysterious hidden 2nd valve.
I just got mine and took the pitiful corner panels out from under the island sink twice before actually finding the 1st valve that goes to the fridge. I can't even see it but it's behind the sink drain about 1" above the floor. I felt it with both hands behind the sink drain. The valve operates just like the one under the stove. The handle is right up against the paneling. I used both hands to turn the valve 90 degrees and heard the water flogging through the line. Purged the air and about 5 or 6 cups of water out from fridge and ice maker is working great so far.
The dealer's manager was on the phone with Indiana and he was getting bombarded with calls about the same thing when I found the valve and called dealer back to tell him where it is.

Which bathroom fan should I upgrade to (controls too high for wife to operate):
1. Maxxfan plus with remote
2. Maxxfan Deluxe with remote (the weird low profile looking one - wondering about reliability).

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:28 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStar View Post
About the 2017 model's ice maker mysterious hidden 2nd valve.
I just got mine and took the pitiful corner panels out from under the island sink twice before actually finding the 1st valve that goes to the fridge. I can't even see it but it's behind the sink drain about 1" above the floor. I felt it with both hands behind the sink drain. The valve operates just like the one under the stove. The handle is right up against the paneling. I used both hands to turn the valve 90 degrees and heard the water flogging through the line. Purged the air and about 5 or 6 cups of water out from fridge and ice maker is working great so far.
The dealer's manager was on the phone with Indiana and he was getting bombarded with calls about the same thing when I found the valve and called dealer back to tell him where it is.

Which bathroom fan should I upgrade to (controls too high for wife to operate):
1. Maxxfan plus with remote
2. Maxxfan Deluxe with remote (the weird low profile looking one - wondering about reliability).
Stay with Fan-tastic. You don't have to remove the whole fan, you just need an upgrade kit
It comes with the remote and new electronic components. The fan and housing stay.

I went with the wired model upgrade that has a thermostat and reverse and replaced the main fan with that.
Then I took the parts I removed from the main kitchen fan, with the simple controller that was in the wall, and put it in the bathroom.

I went with wired remote because the wireless has to be line of sight to work.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:32 AM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
"That there's an RV, Clark!"
Hahaha!
It's an especially funny movie when you have an RV
Old 07-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #439

Quote:
Thanks! Couldnt be happier it just showed up Wednesday! I've been modding non stop after work. Some of which I'm a little nervous about... Like the hunter ceiling fan weighing too much or my terrible wire nutting skills. But hopefully this weekend I get through everything and bombard everything with pics! I

Looks great Bret! Enjoy the new rig [emoji3]

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #440

Quote:
Stay with Fan-tastic. You don't have to remove the whole fan, you just need an upgrade kit
It comes with the remote and new electronic components. The fan and housing stay.

I went with the wired model upgrade that has a thermostat and reverse and replaced the main fan with that.
Then I took the parts I removed from the main kitchen fan, with the simple controller that was in the wall, and put it in the bathroom.

I went with wired remote because the wireless has to be line of sight to work.
My 2017 comes with Maxxair fans. Will the fantastic still fit the shell of the Maxxair?
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote