Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #481

Is that a lockpick you ordered? Looking for something similar so I can get my rear view cam on the oem touch screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Is that a lockpick you ordered? Looking for something similar so I can get my rear view cam on the oem touch screen

They are in Italy
A/V Video Interfaces Ford - Car-Interface.com
Looks like for Sync2 as well I f that's what you have.
Pricey yes. But that's how much the option was from Ford. So really I'm not out anything. That was my logic to the DW. LOL!

Take 22% off that price, they included their tax rate in the price. Shipping was 26 euros.
I never thought about import fees I'm probably going to get stung with when it gets here.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
The '17 has the optional trailer camera/TMPS option...which I never got because the whole setup is kind of dumb and you can't drive with the trailer cam on. But now I sort of wish I did get it. Just would have require more modding.

I just ordered a video interface for SYNC 3 that I can hook the composite out of my wireless receiver to and have trailer cam video all the time and still have full use of SYNC 3
Plus whatever other vid I want to plug into it.
Sorry to hear you're having those kinds of issues Klassic! Would the slideout awnings have helped out? Or do you have them and still getting the roof issue?

I've got the camera mod, and it can be used going down the road. The way its wired though, is that you have to have your parking lights on to power the camera. Still, at 50' to the reciever, I get quite a bit of interference. My dealer said these weren't designed for use going down the road, so some interference is to be expected towing a 43' trailer... I havent seen the TPMS part of that though; is that a mod to the camera or a stand-alone option?

As for the Sync system, I'm curious if that would work on a Ram. The one downfall with the aftermarket trailer camera is the clutter on the dash with the extra screen. My ram already has two factory cameras, one mounted above the rear window, one on the tailgate. Id heard there were possibilities to tie into the factory screen if i only had one factory camera, but not two. That would mean it would have to control 3 different cameras, and it only is supposed to have 2 inputs. Have you heard any info that might give me hope?!

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
Sorry to hear you're having those kinds of issues Klassic! Would the slideout awnings have helped out? Or do you have them and still getting the roof issue?

I've got the camera mod, and it can be used going down the road. The way its wired though, is that you have to have your parking lights on to power the camera. Still, at 50' to the reciever, I get quite a bit of interference. My dealer said these weren't designed for use going down the road, so some interference is to be expected towing a 43' trailer... I havent seen the TPMS part of that though; is that a mod to the camera or a stand-alone option?

As for the Sync system, I'm curious if that would work on a Ram. The one downfall with the aftermarket trailer camera is the clutter on the dash with the extra screen. My ram already has two factory cameras, one mounted above the rear window, one on the tailgate. Id heard there were possibilities to tie into the factory screen if i only had one factory camera, but not two. That would mean it would have to control 3 different cameras, and it only is supposed to have 2 inputs. Have you heard any info that might give me hope?!
They make a version of the Lockpick (? spelling) kit for the Ram too. I think it depends on how much you want to spend, but if I recall correctly, you can add up to 4 additional cameras to the factory nav.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #485

Sorry JetTech..I re read my post and it all makes sense to me but obviously you need to be me to know what I was talking about.

The '17 with the optional trailer cam/TPMS I mentioned in the post is my truck.
For 2017 Ford has that option.
I have a wired camera on my NorthPoint, already, that I installed and there is a wireless transmitter that I installed at the front of the trailer and the receiver is in my truck (I think I am going to upgrade to a better wireless module).
When I had my 2012 F350 I could display the back up cam video on my aftermarket head unit. Now my 2017 F350 has factory Sync 3 and no way for me to hook up my wireless receiver for my camera.

The Ford optional system is dumb because the camera and TPMS need to be plugged the bumper.
Good for TT's, not so good for 5vers. So either fish the wire into the cap and out the pinbox, or hang from the front storage to the bumper. I've seen that, looks awful. Plus stepping over it when walking between he truck and trailer.
The TPMS option needs Fords valve stems put into the rims and they are only a certain size.
A crafty complete wireless system could have made this option so much better.

What you are looking for, for your Ram, is something like this
UCONNECT AIR V2
Unfortunately not for Rams with 2cam setups. But check it out. Maybe I am miss reading. And seems to end at 2015.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:50 PM   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
!
I don't have the awnings.
If I did, it wouldn't be so much of an issue, because the water wouldn't go on the roof for the most part. And would never be enough to make a puddle.

I have no clue how this happened. I have never been on that roof and no snow load has been on it. So weight wasn't an issue.
Don't know why it hasn't happened to more rigs on here. Maybe know one else has noticed theirs is sagging.
Stand on top of the stairs and sight line across the wood fascia. Mine certainly isn't straight. And it's not just the wood fascia. I can see how they mounted the roof wall sweeps straight and they are now 1" above the roof in the middle.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #487

Hard to see in the pic.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:12 AM   #488

Quote:
Hard to see in the pic.
Yeah, I can see it. Wonder what the heck is going on there? Does it leak during a rain storm? Seems like thats not going to be an easy fix. Sorry

Old 01-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #489

It doesn't leak because of the wedge angle shape at the back of the roof. The roof is perma stained where the water sits.
When I close it, when it tips forward, then all the water pours off. The sides are soaked, it all drips inside.

I know...doesn't look like an easy fix. I don't think it's going back together as nice as it was. Not that that's saying anything. Lol.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #490

I ordered my induction cooktop today. I will be swapping out the gas oven with the induction cooktop.

Old 01-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #491

Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.
jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #492

I'll do a write up on it when I get all my parts and pieces together.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #493

Klassic, my slide fascia / slide roof sags as well. I've had a few do that over 8 rigs. I've always had slide toppers so no big deal. Doesn't make it right though. The slide roof is extremely weak and thin in my opinion. Mine sags where the lights and ceiling decoration is above the dinette (will pool water there when I wash slide roof), plus the whole length of the fascia has a droop. I'd be glad to post a picture.

Sorry Tom, don't mean to hihack your mod thread.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:03 PM   #494

No worries John. Your insight is always welcome.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:07 PM   #495

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Klassic, my slide fascia / slide roof sags as well. I've had a few do that over 8 rigs. I've always had slide toppers so no big deal. Doesn't make it right though. The slide roof is extremely weak and thin in my opinion. Mine sags where the lights and ceiling decoration is above the dinette (will pool water there when I wash slide roof), plus the whole length of the fascia has a droop. I'd be glad to post a picture.

Sorry Tom, don't mean to hihack your mod thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
No worries John. Your insight is always welcome.

Amen!!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #496

That's cool Tom. Can't wait for pics.

I just bought a portable, plug in, induction top a couple weeks ago. It will speed things up in the kitchen and it can go outside too.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #497

Ya BigJohn, it sure is thin. I want to see it when they take it apart. I would imagine it is 2 2x3's nailed (stapled lol) together to make a 12' header
Old 01-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #498

Quote:
That's cool Tom. Can't wait for pics.

I just bought a portable, plug in, induction top a couple weeks ago. It will speed things up in the kitchen and it can go outside too.

We have one too. That is what prompted the desire to change out the oven. The induction works great.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #499

Can we get a link or something to see what you are putting in. I'm curious about the portable induction top as well.

When they had been out for about a year we stopped at an appliance store and saw a demo. The induction went out as they were in he middle. The sales woman muttered under her breath "dammit there goes another one" I hope the tech has improved in the years since. I definitely liked what we did see and have heard good lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
2 Beautiful Redheads, 1 Great Pyrenees, 3 cats (1 is great, 1 is great but hides a lot, and 1 is a crabby old man)
Always looking for new places to take photos.
Mdiwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #500

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Here is what I will be putting in.

http://www.trueinduction.com/DualBur...InCounter.aspx

Here is what we've been using

https://www.amazon.com/NuWave-PIC-30.../dp/B00DP6BJE2