Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #1061

Mods to 377 RLBH?

Shoe cubby 2.0

Added a shelf to the bunkhouse shoe cubby so the kids can store more shoes.

Before

Added cleats to support shelf

Test fit

Stained, and complete
The picture makes the edge trim on the shelf look a lot lighter than it really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Just picked mine up from dealer service, noticed that both rear jack pads are bent, which were not before I took it in. Believe we use the same dealer. Will need to look for stress cracks now to see if I find any. I brought it in to have some minor warranty work done and to install the morryde upgraded shackle plates and wet bolts, along with morryed crossmember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are y'all using the north side store or the south side store?

Old 06-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #1063

North side store

Old 06-02-2017, 07:26 PM   #1064

Shelf looks nice Tom

Just before I left Clearwater an Eagle came in next to me and the guy did a cool mod. He installed a big heavy duty sliding rack in the basement. You pull a handle to unlock and the top on rollers pulls out almost four ft. He had a tool box, compressor air hoses and all power tools mounted on it and he added one side and a back.

He also took all the basement wall access panels to filter and low point drains and added channel to three sides so they just slide open. Added back support to wall and mounted big hooks that hold all his hoses and cable.

The eagle had a rear kitchen and on the outside in the back where his grill mounts is a small outside storage compartment for a garbage can. He removed a shelf put in a regular size kitchen garbage can and cut a hole in the kitchen wall added a swing door. So u just push the door in an your trash goes into the full size can in that storage compartment.
Pretty cool modes
Rock
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:50 PM   #1065

I would have loved to see his basement slide out rack. I've thought about doing something like that too one day. Lol

Old 06-02-2017, 08:31 PM   #1066

Tom
I should of took some pics. He said it was a place that made stuff for racing equipment. He said the rack alone retails for $650 but he got it direct for $350. I can say it was heavy duty and well made.

I will be adding the channel for the access panels and hangers for stuff. That slide was a pricey mod
Rock
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
My 16 Eagle has the Morryde 3000 shackles, the plastic bearings are toast.Did Morryde or Jayco help out on the costs for the upgrade?On Morryde website they are not suggesting replacement of the 3000!My Eagle is under warranty.Thanks

Mine were gone too and did not even think about asking. Just did it myself that way i know it is done right.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:27 AM   #1068

Looks good as usual Tom!!
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:24 AM   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsacco View Post
Are y'all using the north side store or the south side store?

North side store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #1070

Storage bay curtain mod I borrowed from previous post to hide stuff while watching outside tv.

Jamie846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #1071

OK OK I started out loving the shoe cubby idea so I punched out the paperboard to find a boatload of wires. It was then that my electrician neighbor told me that it was the spot to put my surge protector. I got the surge guard 35550. So put it in and put the carnies there in case I ever need to bypass the protector if it goes bad, and then had to cut a false front to cover it all up. I am happy with it but did want the extra space in the bunkroom. Now I am trying to figure out how to get the remote reader into the basement by the main control panel.
Attached Thumbnails
20170602_143637 (3).jpg  
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:18 AM   #1072

You might be able to remove enough things in the ceiling to fish the wire through to get it up front near the control panel.........
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #1073

2018 377 RLBH Generator

Taking delivery on my 18 377 and I feel like a kid awaiting my new Hot Wheel Track... Question is I ordered the generator prep and was wondering if its easy to drop one in.. any suggestions on a good place with decent pricing, better than the 5k the dealer wants...
OC TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #1074

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
So I got my trailer back from dealer getting brakes replaced along with new seals. Dealer tech claims to have used Timken. Still need to get the brakes broken in. Didn't notice any real difference than before.
But a potentially bigger problem I discovered after getting home is a cracked sidewall by the bedroom slide. Only about 2" but it definitely wasn't there before I brought it in. (I washed the trailer beforehand).

Dealer is getting with Jayco to determine a plan of action

Tom, I'm so sorry that has happened to your rig. You're not alone. Our 2017 rig, delivered on 5/27/16, in Middlebury, now with 14,038 miles (we're full timers), developed a stress crack inside 3 months, same place. Here's app. 3" of it on 8/10/16.

And below see a pict of it today.

Totally depressing. We are scheduled for this repair and a list of others on 7/10/17, at the Jayco facility in Middlebury. We believe it's due to the hellacious seams on the interstate we've encountered, some sounding and feeling a bomb went off in the pickup bed. I put silicone in it as u see in the 1st pict. Others feel a weld has broken loose in the gooseneck frame. This current trip to Gatlinburg, we've hit some of the worst seams yet and has destroyed the tv shelf (w/prior reinforcement) my 3"x38" Vizio tv sound bar rides on, and the upper left wooden pole socket in master closet has broken, causing the whole rod of clothes to crash down...for the 3rd time. I've already replaced the upper/lower right sockets with plastic ones. Now I can't find the opposite pairs I've stashed somewhere in the rig. I've had it with the bunkhouse pocket doors falling down numerous times from the track (either screws stripping loose or unlatching). They weigh 25 lbs each! 50 lbs of misery. I'm replacing with a curtain. The ottoman is 38 lbs of uselessness. Both will go into storage when we get to IN. That's ALMOST 90lbs right there!

I hope Jayco can fix the source of this issue so others don't have to contend with this. We will be staying with friends and family while Jayco makes the repairs. We're giving them 1 month and then we need it back to head west for the 8/21 total solar eclipse in Caspar WY.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfamilyof3 View Post
We are looking at getting the 377 and was wondering if anyone had the on demand hot water heater? It is on the unit we are looking at and the dealer send to know nothing about it. Pros? Cons?

Hi Ashfamilyof3, although our rig is an early 2017, we did not see an option for the tankless water heater. I read about the Truma AquaGo in Trailer Life mag and decided it'd be the thing to get for our 377. It cost $1200 plus install. $1700 total. Install went terrible as we had it put in. You cannot install it yourself as manufacturer doesn't allow it. The installer made 5 errors. We had to summon two company experts from their headquarters to drive 1.5 hrs to our location to fix it. It works perfectly and has been working perfectly to this day, 362 days later. Love the endless hot water. 120 degrees max, even with 50 degree water. It can crank out 60k BTUs according to factory specs. Totally microprocessor controlled to store error codes should a malfunction occur. Not sure how well the new Jayco tankless model performs vs it's cost.

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 06-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #1076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
Tom, I'm so sorry that has happened to your rig. You're not alone. Our 2017 rig, delivered on 5/27/16, in Middlebury, now with 14,038 miles (we're full timers), developed a stress crack inside 3 months, same place. Here's app. 3" of it on 8/10/16.

And below see a pict of it today.

Totally depressing. We are scheduled for this repair and a list of others on 7/10/17, at the Jayco facility in Middlebury. We believe it's due to the hellacious seams on the interstate we've encountered, some sounding and feeling a bomb went off in the pickup bed. I put silicone in it as u see in the 1st pict. Others feel a weld has broken loose in the gooseneck frame. This current trip to Gatlinburg, we've hit some of the worst seams yet and has destroyed the tv shelf (w/prior reinforcement) my 3"x38" Vizio tv sound bar rides on, and the upper left wooden pole socket in master closet has broken, causing the whole rod of clothes to crash down...for the 3rd time. I've already replaced the upper/lower right sockets with plastic ones. Now I can't find the opposite pairs I've stashed somewhere in the rig. I've had it with the bunkhouse pocket doors falling down numerous times from the track (either screws stripping loose or unlatching). They weigh 25 lbs each! 50 lbs of misery. I'm replacing with a curtain. The ottoman is 38 lbs of uselessness. Both will go into storage when we get to IN. That's ALMOST 90lbs right there!

I hope Jayco can fix the source of this issue so others don't have to contend with this. We will be staying with friends and family while Jayco makes the repairs. We're giving them 1 month and then we need it back to head west for the 8/21 total solar eclipse in Caspar WY.

Getting yours fixed at the Jayco facility is awesome. Hopefully you'll get it back quickly.

I'm starting to wonder if there are more than just a couple of us with this cracking sidewall problem. Mine took a year, yours only three months. I bet my years worth of camping was equal to your three months as far as wear and tear. I bet some other folks will start seeing cracks on theirs as well.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #1077

Not sure why my Picts are not posting. You will cringe when u see my crack issue. I also replied to another post to include some Picts of my Truma AquaGo and they too didn't go thru. It seems I can only upload a max of 50 to my registry picture album and then to copy/paste it's URL link nto the image icon from quick post. But there is some kind of delay going on I'm not sure of. I don't understand why I can't just hit that icon and it takes me to my photo library?

It's like I need a YouTube video of an expert to show me the ropes and tricks of this forum. I love this site and spend hours reading just this mod 377 thread and see you and others contributing articles with hundreds or over a thousand of posts and scores of pictures to your name, and I'm struggling with just 20 to mine. Why does the site only allow me only 50 images max to upload (i.e. 3 at a time) to my album and then I have to delete them to make room for more if I want to show everyone new stuff? And now my images are not showing anymore for some reason.

I'm ready for a better tasting beer from my Trailer as the sign reads. Maybe that'll loosen my mind to keep trying.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #1078

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Getting yours fixed at the Jayco facility is awesome. Hopefully you'll get it back quickly.

I'm starting to wonder if there are more than just a couple of us with this cracking sidewall problem. Mine took a year, yours only three months. I bet my years worth of camping was equal to your three months as far as wear and tear. I bet some other folks will start seeing cracks on theirs as well.

Tom, what are they currently stating is the root cause of the stress cracks? Design flaw somewhere? I certainly hope this doesn't continue to happen to more of us. I feel it's so hard to find a camper brand with minimal problems these days. Most of the things i see, I feel are nature of the beast. I mean I figured towing a house down the road is just asking for issues, and like I said, most problems we read about are low cost if not warranty fixes, but stress cracks just scares me. I have absolutely zero faith in my dealer, and new that going into the purchase, I like you can do a lot of things on my own, and just assumed that risk when I purchased the Jayco. I just personally felt the Jaycos seemed better built after the 2-3 years of looking before buying.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahM View Post
Tom, what are they currently stating is the root cause of the stress cracks? Design flaw somewhere? I certainly hope this doesn't continue to happen to more of us. I feel it's so hard to find a camper brand with minimal problems these days. Most of the things i see, I feel are nature of the beast. I mean I figured towing a house down the road is just asking for issues, and like I said, most problems we read about are low cost if not warranty fixes, but stress cracks just scares me. I have absolutely zero faith in my dealer, and new that going into the purchase, I like you can do a lot of things on my own, and just assumed that risk when I purchased the Jayco. I just personally felt the Jaycos seemed better built after the 2-3 years of looking before buying.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My dealer hasn't said anything about the root cause of the crack, simply stating that it's a stress crack.

I forgot to update this last week. I sent an email to the dealer asking what was the status of my situation. The response was "jayco already approved it, Julie should have already called you by now." So, I call the dealer to ask what the plan was to repair it. They said they bring in an outside paint and body guy to do those types of repairs and in fact he's working on another one now. So, I'm bringing my trailer to the dealer tomorrow to get the subcontracted body guy to fix the crack. Should be done by Thursday.

I'm with you...I really have little faith in the dealers warranty staff. That's why I go to great lengths to avoid them. Hopefully this will be the last time at the dealer for me.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoneys View Post
OK OK I started out loving the shoe cubby idea so I punched out the paperboard to find a boatload of wires. It was then that my electrician neighbor told me that it was the spot to put my surge protector. I got the surge guard 35550. So put it in and put the carnies there in case I ever need to bypass the protector if it goes bad, and then had to cut a false front to cover it all up. I am happy with it but did want the extra space in the bunkroom. Now I am trying to figure out how to get the remote reader into the basement by the main control panel.
Hmmm.... I was planning on doing the shoe-cubby idea as well,but once I saw that your converter and wiring are there, I double checked exactly where mine is.... doesn't look like I'll be able to make that modification......

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote